Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020

6 Promotions away from the Football League.
  • Options
    Bury AFC have been given their place in a league for next season

That is a screwing with my CDO
  • Options
    they probably played against Nelson in the football league back in the day.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    they probably played against Nelson in the football league back in the day.
    Yup they did... Nelson were in the Football League between 1921 and 1931

1922/23 season they won the Third Division North, were they met Bury in the Second Division the following year...

Bury won both games; 2-0 | 0-5

Bury would win the 2nd Division that season; Nelson got relegated
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    AFC Darwen are another side that Bury faced in the Football League

Original team Darwen and Bury were in the Second Division together back in 1894/95, Bury won both those ties: 1-0

Ironically Bury won the Second Division that season as well
  • Options

• Options
    Addickted said:

Looking at the state of that ball it must have been one that Simon Church smacked all round the park.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Addickted said:

Looking at the state of that ball it must have been one that Simon Church smacked all round the park.
    I reckon it could be Nicky Baileys penalty miss one that got all misshapen on reentering the earth's atmosphere. 😉
    It's re-entered the earth's atmosphere?!

I wasn't expecting that for another few decades; I thought the ball was still in interplanetary orbit somewhere near Neptune.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Level 10! Fair play to them though getting back up and running.

Why are they called Bury AFC though and not AFC Bury? 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Level 10! Fair play to them though getting back up and running.

Why are they called Bury AFC though and not AFC Bury? 
    AFC Bury already exists, or they did
  • Options
    Notice that the Isle of Man are entering a team in the same organisation as Bury AFC next season - Difference is they'll be in the South Division
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Notice that the Isle of Man are entering a team in the same organisation as Bury AFC next season - Difference is they'll be in the South Division
    That'd be some away game weekend for the team 😜. Friend of mine up here used to play at that level and above for Northwich Victoria & Leek Town back in the day and his son was a CB with Crewe.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    That'd be some away game weekend for the team 😜. Friend of mine up here used to play at that level and above for Northwich Victoria & Leek Town back in the day and his son was a CB with Crewe.
    Certainly more and more island teams being created

Already got Guernsey and Jersey in the pyramid, the latter were harshly dealt with by the decision to null and void their League as they'd stormed the Division

Wonder how long it'll be before we see Isle of Wight and others
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Already got Guernsey and Jersey in the pyramid, the latter were harshly dealt with by the decision to null and void their League as they'd stormed the Division

Did some work over in Guernsey there's no love lost at all between them and the folk on Jersey.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Are Bury still playing at Gigg Lane?
  • Options
    Read comments on twitter that they'll be playing at Ratcliffe Borough

Apparently Bury FC havent been wound up yet and are applying to enter the National League next season so if they're successful they'll use Gigg Lane
  • Options

Apparently Bury FC havent been wound up yet and are applying to enter the National League next season so if they're successful they'll use Gigg Lane
    Correct here you go; Ground: Stainton Park, Radcliffe (groundshare with Radcliffe F.C.)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    RedChaser said:

Newport IOW are already in the pyramid.

They play in the Wessex League.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bury AFC have been given their place in a league for next season

That is a screwing with my CDO
    Looking at this table it is very sad how the greed of dodgy businessman can bring a football club to it's knees.

It will be interesting to see how clubs cope with attendances near 1000 when they normally get 50.  Bury will take loads to the away games.
  • Options

Didn't know this. I assumed fans had set up Bury AFC because the original Bury was dead and buried.

So if the original Bury have their application successful and continue in the National league, surely Bury fans would follow them and have no need for the phoenix club?

Is Steve Dale still involved?
  • Options

Didn't know this. I assumed fans had set up Bury AFC because the original Bury was dead and buried.

So if the original Bury have their application successful and continue in the National league, surely Bury fans would follow them and have no need for the phoenix club?

Is Steve Dale still involved?
    This was a statement issued last October on their OS

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/october2/statement-from-bury-fc/
  • Options
    Steve Dale is still one of only 2 directors, the other is Jill Neville. 

The CVA has been closed but the creditors appear not to have been paid.

There is a recent artical in the Bury local paper and he sounds rather bullish and arrogant that they will be excepted into the national league and that renegotiating the CVA won't be a problem.  Which does beg the question why none of the creditors have been paid. 
  • Options
    Surely the league won't accept them if Dale is still in charge?
  • Options
    Surely the league won't accept them if Dale is still in charge?
    He said in the artical he would "stand down as chairman" if the national league made it a requirement of entry.

It does beg the question why he is still there though.  The up keed of the ground, which looks in very good shape and the training pitches at Carrington must be costing him money? 
  • Options
    Will probably claim they could do so compared with Sheffield Wednesday because their initial punishment was given before the end of the season 
  • Options

Macclesfield Town relegated after EFL wins points appeal, Stevenage reprieved

Stevenage won three league games in total last season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53744939