Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

1282930313234»

Comments

• Options
    So are these sides all under Embargos?
  • Options
    Derby officially broke 5 different regulations then. Still only received a £100k fine!!!
  • Options
    As much as the comments are stupid and immature - running to the EFL does strike me as a bit childish too

without knowing the context of the conversations it’s all a bit bizarre
  • Options

It wouldn't let me copy the link. A bit of a nothing statement. 
  • Options
    I gather from that statement, basically EFL have passed it on to FA, rather than try and deal with it themselves. I really don’t understand what the office staff of EFL do all day. 
  • Options
    So are these sides all under Embargos?
    Probably just getting strong talking to's.
  • Options
    Doesn't sound good. Rochdale's new owners refusing to cooperate with the EFL, the losers as ever will be the supporters, especially as Rochdale have started the season badly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A BUYER has finally been found for Bury FC and Gigg Lane, say administrators.

Administrator Steven Wiseglass, of Inquesta Corporate Recovery & Insolvency, has been overseeing the sale of the club's asset and historic 12,000 capacity ground since last December.

Last May he announced that the stadium was being put up for sale.

And today he said heads of terms had been agreed with an unnamed party for the purchase of the Gigg Lane ground, along with "the rights, title and interest in and to other assets, namely club memorabilia, goodwill and intellectual property, including the Bury FC name".

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/19667453.new-buyer-found-bury-fc-gigg-lane/
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for them, but it feels pretty pointless now given the fact that Bury AFC have been in operation for a few years.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for them, but it feels pretty pointless now given the fact that Bury AFC have been in operation for a few years.
    Maybe a deal can be done to bring them together so Bury is back at their ground.

It would be what I would want if it was us.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Maybe a deal can be done to bring them together so Bury is back at their ground.

Yeah I hope that'll be the case as well for them.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Redrobo said:

Yeah I hope that'll be the case as well for them.
    Good luck to them.

The consortiums website...

https://www.smugbaldthievingtwatsoopnorf.com
  • Options
    It's a bit complicated (and silly really) but there are 2 rival phoenix clubs, Bury AFC and Bury FC
  • Options
    Good luck to them.  Hopefully the new owners of the ground and name are of honourable intention and they find a way to bring the entire club back together amicably.
  • Options
    Documentary on BBC iPlayer on the reformation of Macclesfield FC.
    Don’t be put off by Savage (if you’re not a fan), it highlights some of the fantastic people behind the scenes at local level. 
    Shows just what a club can mean. So much more than football.
  • Options
    Don’t be put off by Savage (if you’re not a fan), it highlights some of the fantastic people behind the scenes at local level. 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0011n50/robbie-savage-making-macclesfield-fc
  • Options
    I was put off by Savage, but thanks, I’ll give it a go now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we change the title of this thread…. Ebbsfleet we’re never really in trouble at all, just an owner who was being extra tight with the money. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I can't stand Savage but I enjoyed the doc and he came across better than I expected.
  • Options
    BDL said:
    Can we change the title of this thread…. Ebbsfleet we’re never really in trouble at all, just an owner who was being extra tight with the money. 
    What is the state of play at Ebbsfleet now? Content not contending in the National League? 

Take it any further stadium improvements are a long way away? 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I can't stand Savage but I enjoyed the doc and he came across better than I expected.
    In the main i would agree. He clearly works hard and cares.

But he seriously undermined the team manager at times by taking over team talks and shouting at the players from pitch side.. I'm sure I heard him shout on one occasion to a player, don't listen to those 2 clowns (manager/ asst. Manager).

As for the half time pasting he gave the players when they were winning 3-2,  that was well ott and just seemed like it was for the cameras. Ended up 4-4 so that pep talk worked really well..