Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    Michael Beale got the QPR job in June. He is now the 11th longest serving manager in the championship
  • Options
    Preston have 16 points from 12 games….scoring just 4 goals.
  • Options
    Preston have 16 points from 12 games….scoring just 4 goals.
    Nine clean sheets and now just two points off the Play Offs
  • Options
    After 30 minutes of tonight's game, Reading were winning 1-0. Had that stayed the score 'til full time, they would have been top of the Championship. With a negative goal difference.
  • Options
    After 30 minutes of tonight's game, Reading were winning 1-0. Had that stayed the score 'til full time, they would have been top of the Championship. With a negative goal difference.
    Surely it can still happen, its only HT and if they win 2-1, they'll go top with -1 GD
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan have played more international games than domestic club games.

Probably a few of the other US players too!
  • Options
    Surely it can still happen, its only HT and if they win 2-1, they'll go top with -1 GD
    It could have but it didn't. 
  • Options
    Brentford haven't missed any "in game" penalties for three years - that's 27 consecutive conversions. Both Messi and Ronaldo have both, coincidentally, missed 27 penalties in their careers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Karl Robinson is currently the fifth-longest serving manager among the 72 Football League clubs.
  • Options
    One that really surprised me……Klopp is the 2nd oldest manager in the Premier League. 

Only Moyes is older.
  • Options
    One that really surprised me……Klopp is the 2nd oldest manager in the Premier League. 

Only Moyes is older.
    Although depends if you count the Wolves caretaker.
  • Options
    edited October 2022

Only Moyes is older.
    Although depends if you count the Wolves caretaker.
    True. And Lopetegui is older so Klopp will be 3rd next week
  • Options
    Kylian Mbappe played in a Charlton v Chelsea match.
  • Options
    That's one of the very few ones I actually had to look up.  That was unbelievable 😳 
  • Options
    Apparently didn't score either!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    That's one of the very few ones I actually had to look up.  That was unbelievable 😳 
    That is believable, bet he was playing for us as a centre back 
  • Options
    Apparently didn't score either!
    It was an u14 game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have you got details of that game ? 
  • Options
    Wow.  That's a good one
  • Options
    Brentford haven't missed any "in game" penalties for three years - that's 27 consecutive conversions. Both Messi and Ronaldo have both, coincidentally, missed 27 penalties in their careers.
    Make that 28 consecutive conversions since October 2019. Toney is the best penalty taker I have ever seen - the ability to not have to look at the ball when striking it and watch the keeper move must have taken years of repetition. If it were that easy everyone would be doing it successfully!
  • Options
    First full round of 10 PL games since the weekend of 18th, 19th and 20th October 2019 where no team has scored more than two goals  I also believe that the 15 goals scored was the equal lowest total but happy to be corrected on that one.
  • Options
    Since Bournemouth lost 9-0 at Liverpool at the end of August and to all the world looked like absolute relegation certainties, the only unbeaten side in the Premier league are.........Bournemouth.
    This one is ludicrous 
  • Options
    Burnley are top of the Championship, having lost just one game all season. Blackburn are one point behind them, having lost seven games. Coventry are 24th and last, having lost five games. 

One of those doesn't sound right!!!
  • Options
    Coventry bottom with minus 5 goal difference, Reading in sixth with same goal difference.