Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Clayden (P3. released to Wealdstone)

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2023
    NabySarr said:
    Scoham said:
    Not sure why there’s disagreement in the comments. He’s 22 and couldn’t get in the Bromley team, not good enough and it was quite symbolic of Sandgaards approach to this season that he was expected to play left back in League 1 
    Some fans see a bit of pace and dribbling and think that makes him a good player. Nice to have but it doesn't mean he's up to the standard, as you say he couldn't get in Bromley's team.

At 22 he needs regular football for a chance to get back into the EFL. One of those who might be good enough in years to come if we stand still or go backwards, i.e. not what we need right now.

The right decision as we need to aim a lot higher.
  • Options
    This just proves how woeful TS’ summer recruitment was. For a young player to have to start the season playing out of position in the first team, when 9 months later he is released being judged not up to the standard in his normal position demonstrates how painfully thin and unbalanced the squad was.

Good luck to the young man I hope he gets his career back on track. But whoever is our owner come the summer needs to realise you need suitable cover for every position and if someone needs to do a job out of position that should be an experienced pro not a kid trying to learn the game. By all means give young players chances, but don’t expect them to cope in unfamiliar roles.
    Two summers running.  Adkins was forced to play him due to lack of options as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    NabySarr said:
    Scoham said:
    Not sure why there’s disagreement in the comments. He’s 22 and couldn’t get in the Bromley team, not good enough and it was quite symbolic of Sandgaards approach to this season that he was expected to play left back in League 1 

Our fans will moan at anything. He was patently not good enough for this level. Good luck to him though, was thrown in when he shouldn't have been. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    NabySarr said:
    Scoham said:

Our fans will moan at anything. He was patently not good enough for this level. 
    Not as a bloody left back he wasn’t 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Talal said:
    NabySarr said:
    Scoham said:

Our fans will moan at anything. He was patently not good enough for this level. 
    Not as a bloody left back he wasn’t 
    Think I remember an occasion he beat someone and got to the byline, other than that didn't see much to suggest he'd be good enough as a winger in league one. 
  • Options
    Good luck in the future Charles.
  • Options
    Will he be the next ex-player fans will want to resign in a couple of years 😂
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    wrong thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him, gave it everything when he played. Hopefully he'll flourish. But not one I'll get upset over losing. 
  • Options
    Correct decision, I'll not forget his goal gifting display at Bolton.
    I wish him well.
  • Options
    Found his level,  Good luck/  Shocking testament to our recruitment policy though..
  • Options
    Found his level,  Good luck/  Shocking testament to our recruitment policy though..
    I think he will drop down further before long.
  • Options
    Won't make it back this high in the league structure from what I saw, good luck and all the best to him in the future though
  • Options
    Hope we have first refusal on buying him back .. or this one will bite us on the arse 
    Parody account. Just ignore him, guys. It's some lifer with a second account getting his kicks. 

So obvious. Ignore 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him. Hope he works his way back up the pyramid.
  • Options
    I remember when we played Mike Kenning, a traditional winger, at full back against Leicester at The Valley. Kenning had a nightmare and we lost 5-0.

• Options
    Think the worst winger playing fullback job I've seen was Paul Smyth against Rochdale. Kwado Baah won't have had many better first halves than that. 
  • Options
    I remember when we played Mike Kenning, a traditional winger, at full back against Leicester at The Valley. Kenning had a nightmare and we lost 5-0.

Although the conversion has worked for some. Phil Warman was a winger and he ended up playing over 300 games for us at full back.