Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton | Sat 27 Apr | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Soon as they were out the team bath on Monday Bowyer should have said to Bauer, Cullen, Bielik, Aribo, Taylor and Vetokele “nice one lads, pack your bags get away for a few days, do no more than a light daily workout and stretch and see you back at training next Monday to prepare for the Rochdale game.”

use saturday to get people who may need it if called upon in the playoffs game time, and to maybe work on a plan B approach if say Taylor or Bauer injure / ban themselves for the play offs. 
  • Options
    Soon as they were out the team bath on Monday Bowyer should have said to Bauer, Cullen, Bielik, Aribo, Taylor and Vetokele “nice one lads, pack your bags get away for a few days, do no more than a light daily workout and stretch and see you back at training next Monday to prepare for the Rochdale game.”

use saturday to get people who may need it if called upon in the playoffs game time, and to maybe work on a plan B approach if say Taylor or Bauer injure / ban themselves for the play offs. 
    Bauer maybe unavailable for playoffs.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-stars-baby-could-be-born-smack-bang-in-the-league-one-play-off-schedule/
  • Options
    clive said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-stars-baby-could-be-born-smack-bang-in-the-league-one-play-off-schedule/
    Set up perfectly for Bauer to score at Wembley and do the Bebeto celebration 
  • Options
    Give JFC some game time, think will be a hard fought win, 3-2. Traveling support vital part to play. 
    Cant wait for the play offs! COYRS!!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Can I ask why some people have gone for Marshall at right back when Dijksteel is 100% going to play? It’s his time now to make that right back position his going into the last games of the season. He scored on Monday. Confidence is high and is steadily getting better. 

There is no chance of Marshall coming in from the wilderness and playing in a role he has never played previously. Right wing back sure, he has done that and can do a half decent job, but right back, no chance.

Just find it bizarre. We need momentum going into the play-offs, of course don’t take unnecessary risks, if some are carrying a knock that could get worse, be cautious and do the right thing but come on, drastic changes does nothing really positive for the team moving forward. 
    I thought I'd read earlier that Anfernee has a knock, but I may have been mistaken. If he;s fit he can play, although a run out for MArshall may be an idea as we have no cover at Right back at the moment.
  • Options
    clive said:

Not sure that makes him unavailable, although he would no doubt want to be there. One just hopes that everything goes well on a Monday morning.
  • Options
    I would have thought Taylor and Igor bound to start on Saturday.
  • Options
    I would have thought Taylor and Igor bound to start on Saturday.
    Personally I would think the opposite .
    Either way in Bowyer we trust. 
  • Options
    Phillips
    Dijksteel, Pratley, Sarr, Purrington
    Lapslie, Cullen, Aribo
    Parker, Vetokele, Reeves

Distinctly remember Bows saying he won’t be playing Pearce and Sarr together.
  • Options
    Wrap Taylor & Vetokele up in cotton wool and lock them inside a padded cell until the playoffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phillips
    Dijksteel, Pratley, Sarr, Purrington
    Lapslie, Cullen, Aribo
    Parker, Vetokele, Reeves

Distinctly remember Bows saying he won’t be playing Pearce and Sarr together.
    They both prefer the left CB position But if say Bauer was  missing through injury or Partner about to drop then Jason and the Nabster are the CB so give them a game together in a dead rubber game ?
  • Options
    clive said:

Delivery take a no more than a few hours from being fully dilated......hardly going to miss 2 weeks ffs !!
  • Options
    Wrap Taylor & Vetokele up in cotton wool and lock them inside a padded cell until the playoffs
    Got to get the balance right with Igor, we need to shield him from injuries, but also allow him to continue to build match fitness and confidence. I think he needs to be involved.
  • Options
    clive said:

Delivery take a no more than a few hours from being fully dilated......hardly going to miss 2 weeks ffs !!
    Paternity leave golfie
  • Options
    Got to get the balance right with Igor, we need to shield him from injuries, but also allow him to continue to build match fitness and confidence. I think he needs to be involved.
    Yeah its a good point! Although I'm worried the Gills players will be up for this and it will be a feisty game, could do without Igor being kicked
  • Options
    Taylor and Igor don’t play, then they will be “rusty”.
  • Options
    Is it Bauer or his wife who his having the baby?
  • Options
    Can't see past a 5-0 defeat.

• Options
    Is it Bauer or his wife who his having the baby?
    Clever folk the Germans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless we have any proper injuries doubts, I am hoping we will stick our strongest eleven out. We’ve still got two weeks to the first play off match so too far out to start resting 5/6 players.Having JFC and Page back on the bench would be a nice addition.

Gillingham 0-2 Charlton, Taylor and Aribo.

Phillips
    Dijksteel Pearce Bauer Purrington
    Cullen Aribo Williams Lapslie
    Taylor Igor

• Options
    Unless we have any proper injuries doubts, I am hoping we will stick our strongest eleven out. We’ve still got two weeks to the first play off match so too far out to start resting 5/6 players.Having JFC and Page back on the bench would be a nice addition.

Gillingham 0-2 Charlton, Taylor and Aribo.

Phillips
    Dijksteel Pearce Bauer Purrington
    Cullen Aribo Williams Lapslie
    Taylor Igor

I would put Bielik ahead of Lapslie in my strongest team.
  • Options
    Bowyer may have said he won't play Pearce and Sarr together but I think he would have meant in normal circumstances. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Redrobo said:
    clive said:

Not sure that makes him unavailable, although he would no doubt want to be there.  One just hopes that everything goes well on a Monday morning.
    Just as long as he doesn’t faint and crack his head open. If he’s in the delivery room, he needs to be sitting down. 
  • Options
    my kids first away game.....bound to lose
  • Options
    It's a right of passage thing Elts...  the kid has to know what he's getting onto following our wonderful shower!
  • Options
    Hmmm. Not sure this is the best away game to take young kids too. Have you been to any of our recent trips there  ??  Unless you are in the very front rows expect to stand throughout the game & also lots of "tension" between the sets of fans. Combine that with maybe getting wet during the game as there is no cover over the "stand..... :neutral:
  • Options
    On a positive note, it seems that the chance of rain has gone down. Just gale force winds instead!
  • Options
    Was it Keith Peacock who said, 'If Kent is the garden of England, then Gillingham is the outside toilet'?