Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster v Charlton Playoffs first leg 2019 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Why were people dressed for winter yesterday.
    Jumpers coats jeans.
    Because we set off so early it was cold. Is that ok with you?
  • Options
    Cullen was never offside in a million years.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:
    There was a lovely moment where Pratley got knocked to the ground near the touch line in the second half

he laid on the floor and then grinned at the oppo

anyone have it, sky had a good close up camera on it?
    I saw that it was brilliant as was his trying to keep possession by the corner flag like Tony Watt.
    He ain't great but he is a lot better than some on here say he is.
    Thought he did well down by the corner flag

Strangely though the Donny players appeared in no rush to try and win the ball from him
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I don’t see why people have an issue with the “que sera sera” song being sung at yesterday’s game.

Its sentiment is no different from ‘the reds are going up’, ‘up the football league we go’ etc etc. 
    It’s an unlucky song. The first set of fans to sing it were Man Utd for the FA cup and they lost in the final that year; and it’s a proven fact that every season and in every competition, most fans jinx their own team by singing it too early and they don’t get to go to Wembley. Friday night, when we have a cushion of a 3 goal lead with ten minutes to go is the perfect time to belt it out imo.

Singing the reds are going up on the other hand is factually correct because a team in red will statistically be promoted and in the L1 playoffs this season 3 of the 4 teams actually play in red so the odds look good on that one 
  • Options
    We should have crossed that corner in. We had a team chock full of big men. A Cullen inswinger would have been a massive threat. We could have left three back 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I don’t see why people have an issue with the “que sera sera” song being sung at yesterday’s game.

Its sentiment is no different from ‘the reds are going up’, ‘up the football league we go’ etc etc. 
    It’s an unlucky song. The first set of fans to sing it were Man Utd for the FA cup and they lost in the final that year; and it’s a proven fact that every season and in every competition, most fans jinx their own team by singing it too early and they don’t get to go to Wembley. Friday night, when we have a cushion of a 3 goal lead with ten minutes to go is the perfect time to belt it out imo.

Singing the reds are going up on the other hand is factually correct because a team in red will statistically be promoted and in the L1 playoffs this season 3 of the 4 teams actually play in red so the odds look good on that one 
    You have a rather loose definition of facts, if I might say so.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    clb74 said:
    Jumpers coats jeans.
    Cold?
    I admit it was a little bit nippy at chislehurst station at 6.45am but some were dressed like they were going to Siberia 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Never knew that fact.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spankie said:
    The first goal yesterday was 100% onside despite what every single Donny fan thinks. The first goal on Friday is vital. They get it, game on. We get it, job nearly done. Buzzing for the match, is it only Monday?!!
    Cullen certainly looked offside to me when the ball was kicked into the area by the Charlton player.  That it then came off a Donny player's head is immaterial.
    Obviously agree it would be immaterial, but was onside when the ball was played by Morgan for me. 
    What position were you playing?  :)
  • Options
    cafctom said:

You have a rather loose definition of facts, if I might say so.
    it’s also a fact that we were 2-0 up and flying. Another 4-0 was easily achievable on that performance and with the support driving them on but some fans went and jinxed us by singing were going to Wembley and we end up only winning 2-1
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Redrobo said:
    clb74 said:
    Jumpers coats jeans.
    Cold?
    I admit it was a little bit nippy at chislehurst station at 6.45am but some were dressed like they were going to Siberia 
    You've got more natural insulation :-) 

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Redrobo said:
    clb74 said:
    Jumpers coats jeans.
    Cold?
    Have to admit you did look a tad blue and somehow shrivelled in your mankini on Sunday afternoon. 

:-:blush:   

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Redrobo said:
    clb74 said:
    Jumpers coats jeans.
    Cold?
    Have to admit you did look a tad blue and somehow shrivelled in your mankini on Sunday afternoon. 

:-:blush:   

That's given me an idea for the final
  • Options
    Apropos of nothing Bob's lot have us at evens to win on Friday night and 1-7 (7 to 1 on) to qualify.

If bookies do know best we have a chance.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:
    There was a lovely moment where Pratley got knocked to the ground near the touch line in the second half

I saw that it was brilliant as was his trying to keep possession by the corner flag like Tony Watt.
    He ain't great but he is a lot better than some on here say he is.
    Thought he did well down by the corner flag

Strangely though the Donny players appeared in no rush to try and win the ball from him
    I don't think they were devastated by a 2-1 defeat. They would see it as 2-1 down at half time, so no need to panic.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Apropos of nothing Bob's lot have us at evens to win on Friday night and 1-7 (7 to 1 on) to qualify.

Personally think that's generous, given the form and the way we carved through their defence with relative ease on Sunday. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    JT said:
    LenGlover said:

Personally think that's generous, given the form and the way we carved through their defence with relative ease on Sunday. 
    Evens look intuitively generous - but the reality that all we need is a draw is factored in. 1/7 to qualify is about right.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Did anyone else see the 4 car "prang" just before you turned into Stadium Way. Looked like they were all Donny fans......rear car looked a right mess from what I could see. Hope none were CAFC.

I'm.sure the result  wouldn't have cheered them up either........  :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Those sub decisions really disappointed me. couldn't believe what he was doing. they were too early, to negative and ultimately caused us to lose our clean sheet. Williams coming on would of kept some of our attacking momentum. Doncaster had to get alot better before you start sticking defensive players on.  
    Totally agree. Utter incompetence. Any chance of getting in another manager before Friday? I believe Sir Chris is available?
  • Options
    are smoke bombs/flares allowed/not commented on because its a play off game? :wink:

• Options
    only thing i would of liked to of seen besides going 3 up is that last corner whip it in and create a chance as time was up so wouldnt of allowed them to counter and from set pieces we are pretty good. 

can see friday going 1 of 2 ways. 

donnie come out the blocks get an early goal we then struggle to get 1 back for rest of game and et and possibly pens comes

or 

we come out the blocks at it from the off and are 2-0 up by ht and finish the 90 3-1
  • Options
    only thing i would of liked to of seen besides going 3 up is that last corner whip it in and create a chance as time was up so wouldnt of allowed them to counter and from set pieces we are pretty good. 

can see friday going 1 of 2 ways. 

donnie come out the blocks get an early goal we then struggle to get 1 back for rest of game and et and possibly pens comes

or 

we come out the blocks at it from the off and are 2-0 up by ht and finish the 90 3-1
    One of those games where the last thing we want to do is give away an early goal. We all know the Charlton way, but hoping things are a little different under Lord Bowyer. COYR!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Spankie said:
    The first goal yesterday was 100% onside despite what every single Donny fan thinks. The first goal on Friday is vital. They get it, game on. We get it, job nearly done. Buzzing for the match, is it only Monday?!!
    Cullen certainly looked offside to me when the ball was kicked into the area by the Charlton player.  That it then came off a Donny player's head is immaterial.
    Not sure that is technically true... if Doncaster player makes an attempt to play the bull and makes contact, under the new rules that would count as a new phase of play
    Didn't know that.  Was that brought in this year?

Btw, playing the bull is Hereford, not Doncaster.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

He had a word then grinned. It was funny.
  • Options
    are smoke bombs/flares allowed/not commented on because its a play off game? :wink:

Smoke bombs: a bit of a pain and potentially deadly to the severely asthmatic amongst us.

Flares: wear what you like but try to match with a tie-dyed t-shirt or floral shirt.
  • Options

For the first time in 10 years hardly anyone is moaning. Let's try & ignore this & keep the feel good factor, even if it only lasts until Friday. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ben18 said:

He had a word then grinned. It was funny.
    I think he was laughing at the player who did not think it was a foul.
  • Options
    Have Doncaster said why they took off Coppinger at half time? I've not seen whether it was tactical or an injury

Think I read on the BBC that he was injured and that he had been their most influential player during the 1st half.