Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Sunderland final. Pros and Cons

Comments

• Options
    Just looked on Sky Bet, latest odds are, Charlton 13/8, Draw 23/10, Sunderland 13/8 - looks as though the bookies cant call it either.
    I think thats how it should be for all Play-Off Finals, think in all honesty that it takes a brave man to call any of those three finals!!
  • Options
    They have McGeady who can produce a bit of magic out of nothing. Could be the difference in what will be a nervy tight game.
    How would you approach it mate?  You’ve always got a good grip on this sort of stuff 
  • Options
    Sorry but Sunderland losing in a Play-Off Final isnt a hellish season!!
    A league one play off final defeat,  when positioned well for the automatics for most of the season , after back to back relegations from the Prem would be a hellish season to me !
  • Options
    Sorry but Sunderland losing in a Play-Off Final isnt a hellish season!!
    A league one play off final defeat,  when positioned well for the automatics for most of the season , after back to back relegations from the Prem would be a hellish season to me !
    Would class it as disappointing but certainly not as bad as what they've been through in recent years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    They have McGeady who can produce a bit of magic out of nothing. Could be the difference in what will be a nervy tight game.
    How would you approach it mate?  You’ve always got a good grip on this sort of stuff 
    Marking McGeady or the game in general?
  • Options
    McGeady and Watmore due back for Wembley I heard. Msybe Igor crucial.
  • Options
    Was hoping it would be Sunderland in the play offs the whole season. Ignoring the 98 final, it’s the biggest club in the division against the 3rd biggest club in the division. It will be a great occasion with almost 80k+ attendance and will be a great advert for the lower league. Much prefer to play Sunderland than someone like Shrewsbury, Doncaster or Rotherham. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    What foot did McGeady break? Bet it would really hurt if someone accidentally stood on it in the 1st couple of minutes next Sunday? 👼
  • Options
    McGeady and Watmore due back for Wembley I heard. Msybe Igor crucial.
    Watmore was on the bench against Portsmouth the other day
  • Options
    I called the semi final  50/50 matches, and even with the 2-1 lead felt we only went 60/40. No crystal ball just common sense.

Parker's miss from Taylor's cross typifies he has no strikers instinct. Despite getting to the ball first he had to dink the ball to the far post, not the near post where the keeper had covered. Josh has given 100% in recent matches but unfortunately he isn't good enough. If he plays then massive support from me.

With a week to go, it feels like a low scoring game with maybe just 1 goal in it.
    Joe Aribo's swansong must be in or around the box as we are so short of forwards.
    Magic feet Joe must get the service to his feet and commit the mackems defence.

Too close to call but Igor may still have a chance of involvement  judging by his celebrations in the dressing room on Friday night.
  • Options
    Donny did a job on us on Friday evening, Sunderland will have seen that and will know how to  nullify our team, it is up to LB & JJ to use different tactics in what is a very different type of game
    I said prior to the game that Donny should play like Accrington did against us at the Valley

i.e. Press and Press (and so force our players into mistakes) and if they've got the ability in front of goal then they will take chances - This calendar year they're the two teams that have managed to do that to us, thankfully Accrington were woeful in front of goal so didnt get anything from the game the fact that few other teams have observed that fills me with the hope that they'll ignore it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pro: We are playing in Red according to Sunderland chronicle tonight,
  • Options
    Pro: We are playing in Red according to Sunderland chronicle tonight,
    And our official Twitter last night.

Shame they have broken with tradition and will wear black instead of mustard. Mind you, it is a more appropriate colour of mourning.
  • Options
    Was hoping it would be Sunderland in the play offs the whole season. Ignoring the 98 final, it’s the biggest club in the division against the 3rd biggest club in the division. It will be a great occasion with almost 80k+ attendance and will be a great advert for the lower league. Much prefer to play Sunderland than someone like Shrewsbury, Doncaster or Rotherham. 
    Sunderland ain't the third biggest club in the division. 
    Pompy are.
  • Options
    If we play like we did against Luton we will win, if we play like we did against Blackpool we will lose. 
  • Options
    Our current shirt manufacturers and sponsors might not like it much though  :D:D
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    cabbles said:
    The game.  Although I see there’s now a separate thread for the formation etc
  • Options
    Philips 

ADS BFG Pearce Purr 
    Cullen Belik Pratley 
    Williams Aribo
    Taylor 

A 4-3-2-1. In my mind that's our best team. That midfield 3 will break up the play nicely. JW & JA have got enough about them to cause Sunderland problems in the final third. When we dont have the ball JW & JA need to tuck into the midfield. Get the ball to Taylor!
    No Nabby for me. Finals need the right sort of player. Pearce & Pratley in there fill me with confidence and experience.