Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Both fans a credit to their clubs

Comments

• Options
    A proper football club with great support.  Good luck next season, Mackems.
  • Options
    Magnanimous in defeat , can’t say fairer than that.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    stupid phone
  • Options
    I think it’s easy for us to like Sunderland because we always beat their team at Wembley! 
  • Options
    Magnanimous in defeat , can’t say fairer than that.
    I second that and was talking to five Sunderland fans going back to the tube. Wished me well and said Charlton deserved it on the day. Class act by these lads.
  • Options
    Said it in 98 & I said it again yesterday . Sunderland fans are a real class act. I've never met a bad 1
  • Options
    One twat was trying to start something on the tube after the game but he was definitely in the minority. Even his friends were embarrassed for him.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Saw 3 scraps on the way out and was followed by a group declaring there hate for 'cockney cnuts', being a white guy with dreads I always seem to attract knobheads though tbh. Most of them were sound though which is good as they seemed to completely outnumber us on Wembley way ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:
    Found them to be pretty arrogant and cocky early today...One pointed to me and said....look its Charlton's one and only fan. Best team won a scrappy final.
    Same. Arrived early and got some verbal.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Cracking sight of a young Sunderland fan, probably about 11 years old, with tears in his eyes shaking hands with every Charlton fan that walked past him on the ramp back down to Wembley Way. Class act that. 

Golfie Jnr gave him a hug & said it'll be their turn next year. Tbh I dont know why he hung around that long. If it was me I'd be long gone before the opposition fans started leaving  
  • Options
    Must've been an absolute doddle for the police yesterday, didn't even see a hint of trouble anywhere
  • Options
    In 98 I felt same as the majority on here ,I remember saying to a young lady after the game who was in tears that they would win the league the next season and they did.However I didn't feel same yesterday. 
    They gave it large up Wembley way -- piss taking big time---- the shiting in the foutain--- the dropping of beer cans off the bridge.On the tube ultra gobby in a confrontational way until they realized how many of us there were ,then we were all "mates"

Of course in a support numbering 30,000 plus it's to be expected that there will be knob heads but making them out to be saintly is just OTT
    Yeah but how many Charlton fans have been pricks themselves this season and next what with a trip to Millwall to come

Every club will have its own set of Supporters who'll let their club down
  • Options
    Read the last part it's what I said
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I thought their support was great, really felt for them, another long trip home with that awful feeling when you’ve lost. And we had to walk through their fans to get back to the coach after the game and no hint of any malice towards us at all.
    i hope the next time they get to Wembley they win, as long as it’s not against us.
  • Options
    In 98 I felt same as the majority on here ,I remember saying to a young lady after the game who was in tears that they would win the league the next season and they did.However I didn't feel same yesterday. 
    They gave it large up Wembley way -- piss taking big time---- the shiting in the foutain--- the dropping of beer cans off the bridge.On the tube ultra gobby in a confrontational way until they realized how many of us there were ,then we were all "mates"

Of course in a support numbering 30,000 plus it's to be expected that there will be knob heads but making them out to be saintly is just OTT
    I thought they had a bit of an edge to them yesterday. Not so friendly at times.

Mind you, if you've fucked up at Wembley as many times as they have a bit of vitriol is to be expected I suppose.
  • Options
    I didn’t speak to any Sunderland fans so have no opinion to offer on them.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I spoke to a fair few Sunderland fans and they were all as good as gold.
    I think sometimes people get different reactions due to how the other side perceive them to be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I spoke to a fair few Sunderland fans and they were all as good as gold.
    I think sometimes people get different reactions due to how the other side perceive them to be.
    Could you understand what they were saying? 
  • Options

Yeah but how many Charlton fans have been pricks themselves this season and next what with a trip to Millwall to come

Every club will have its own set of Supporters who'll let their club down
    Exactly. Post-match sat near the Sunderland fans by Sainsbury’s who were chanting ‘Sunderland till I die’ - they were good natured and most Addicks responded in kind, apart from two idiots. One was shepherded away by police on horseback and another ‘casual’ not wearing colours cafc fan who approached them and was goading them saying ‘don’t you know you lost, you are shit’.
  • Options
    Have to say, the respect and genuine good wishes from the majority of Mackems was incredible afterwards, saw that kid, made me well up,  couple of knobheads giving it the we hate cockneys on the way to the tube, gave them an education about geography
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Have to say, the respect and genuine good wishes from the majority of Mackems was incredible afterwards, saw that kid, made me well up,  couple of knobheads giving it the we hate cockneys on the way to the tube, gave them an education about geography
    As you say mate, needs to be put into perspective given the sheer huge numbers.  I winced a bit when I saw about 10 Charlton walk through a Sunderland crowd giving it “F*** Off Sunderland, We’ve beat you again” and looking to try and get a bite. Just felt a bit unnecessary but as said, it’s 10 out of 38,000. 

Generally they've always come across as a decent bunch to me who genuinely love their team (and don’t get much to shout about) 
  • Options
    As we came out there was a solitary Sunderland fan who, I guess, had got disorientated and walked the 'wrong' way and ended up with our lot. 

We made eye contact and I said to him that I can hardly believe we managed to squeak it a second time but that, like last time, I expected Sunderland to piss the division next season. He said I hope so mate and wished us luck next season saying he had a lot of time for Charlton.

Classy attitude when he felt absolutely gutted.
  • Options
    A very gracious and likeable bunch. Only fans I saw being knobs were all Charlton, but it was only a handful. As anyone who was their in 98 would’ve expected, it was nearly all good spirited and well behaved. 

I have in-laws in Sunderland and they’re all salt-of-the-earth types too, they seem to bring them up properly round that way.
  • Options
    Spoke to a few after the game and on the tube,most were pretty decent, only trouble I saw all day was one Charlton fan  trying to be a prick in the gents (block 542) barging past people already in the queue, and a Sunderland fan giving it large (I think in response) on the way down Wembley Way after the game.
  • Options
    Sat by half way. When they sang Sunderland were loudest, but they hardly sang! Nothing to lift team after equaliser or in closing stages. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    We came out of Wembley Park tube at about 1245 and gasped as the entire Olympic away was a sea of red and white stripes. Walked up to the ground without any hint of trouble and any Mackems we encountered directly were first class. I’ve been to a game up there when I’m business a few years ago (v Everton) and I have to say they were a terrific bunch. Yesterday the only behaviour that made me wince a little came from our usual bunch of arseholes who were a bit lairy but it  was an incredibly well behaved day given the significance, the numbers involved and the lack of segregation outside. I thought the police numbers looked quite low so a good job it all went swimmingly. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    JaShea99 said:
    One twat was trying to start something on the tube after the game but he was definitely in the minority. Even his friends were embarrassed for him.
    If it's the same incident, that was my son he was having a go at. Still, fair play the other Makems who then sorted out some paracetamols for our kid's leg.