Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Both fans a credit to their clubs

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Decent bunch on the whole...quite a few were worse for wear along Wembley Way....two young lads could hardly walk...they had some concoction in a large plastic drink bottle.  Anyway was chatting to a steward who worked at the Cheka Trade game and he said Sunderland are a decent lot....but Pompey are complete scum, incidentally he worked at the Charlton v Pompey game and told me that there were 69 ejected from the away end....plenty on drugs he reckoned. 
  • Options
    I had some fckin idiot in the queue to get on the tube in Wembley barging through then the twat barged pass the missus who was carrying our 7yo.

Apologies anyone about heard my language. 
  • Options
    Every Sunderland fan we came across both on the way to and from the match were genuine and friendly. They wished us luck (but not to much) before the game and were magnanimous in defeat.  I hope they storm league 1 next season. Great  bunch of supporters.
  • Options
    Thought most of them were pretty cocky before the game.
    Didnt really hear much after but we stayed in ground until it was near empty
  • Options

• Options
    Decent bunch on the whole...quite a few were worse for wear along Wembley Way....two young lads could hardly walk...they had some concoction in a large plastic drink bottle.  Anyway was chatting to a steward who worked at the Cheka Trade game and he said Sunderland are a decent lot....but Pompey are complete scum, incidentally he worked at the Charlton v Pompey game and told me that there were 69 ejected from the away end....plenty on drugs he reckoned. 
    There’s something about teams in blue. Cardiff, Pompey, Chelsea, Birmingham, Millwall...
  • Options
    Full marks to the clown that called my mother a southern c***, last I checked Glasgow was pretty far North ;)
  • Options
    One Sunderland fan I chatted to said the same, Pompey were arseholes at the cup final.  Doesn't surprise me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn’t really see many of them, as was went green man before and after match, the ones I did meet were okay - although i see them as the efl league 1 poster boys. They were going to walk this league etc.
  • Options
    Spent 4 hours drinking with Sunderland fans after match - no hint of trouble - open and honest assessment of the match - views shared - beers (many) drank together - cracking fans 

i I do not envisage that a match at Wembley like that against (say) Leeds, Millwall, Chelsea etc etc I would be confident of going to a bar and having the same experience

And as for a Charlton Palace match Wembley .......
  • Options
    Spent 4 hours drinking with Sunderland fans after match - no hint of trouble - open and honest assessment of the match - views shared - beers (many) drank together - cracking fans 

i I do not envisage that a match at Wembley like that against (say) Leeds, Millwall, Chelsea etc etc I would be confident of going to a bar and having the same experience

And as for a Charlton Palace match Wembley .......
    I don’t think most Leeds, Millwall or Chelsea fan can string a sentence together let alone engage you in conversation for a period of time after the match!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One lad was giving it under the bridge by steps up to the tube station, "fuck off Charlton" etc. I told him to not be so bitter and then enjoyed it when his mum dragged him away and up the road from the station.
  • Options
    Erm... How can any club have a say in how a game goes?
  • Options
    Loads of Sunderland twats before game, seemed to all go missing after, no real problems.

think Pompey would have been worse as they seem to have a lot of complete arseholes supporting them.
  • Options
    Got to Wembley early to pick up our tickets, and the place was swarming with Sunderland fans at that point as the majority of Charlton fans had yet to arrive. 

Walking through them with my gf, had a couple of comments slung at us, one being "Mendonca is a paedo" and "theres only two of ya?". Just made winning the way we did at the end all the sweeter. 
  • Options
    No edge to the atmosphere before the game with Charlton and Sunderland fans mingling. That is what football should be about. Credit to them.