Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Both fans a credit to their clubs

1235»

Comments

• Options
    This is all getting to be a bit of a love in now. So two teams played football, and their fans didn't en mass attempt to smash the granny out of each other. So other than isolated idiots on both sides, we all behaved like you would hope normal sane people would.  We were the better team ( marginally on the day and we won, as I expected). Sunderland could be considered a bigger club than us, but so what. We are a bigger club than Bournmouth and that's not put us anywhere. 
    I have no problem with Sunderland and if they get a decent manager and spend wisely I would expect them to get promoted next season. Being honest, if Lyle had gone to them, they would have been up this season ! 

• Options
    The ought to get promoted but getting a manager who has a pair will probably increase their chances. Look at the amount of drawn games from winning positions. You have to blame the manager for that. 
  • Options
    The ought to get promoted but getting a manager who has a pair will probably increase their chances. Look at the amount of drawn games from winning positions. You have to blame the manager for that. 
    Yep. They'll get promoted when they deserve it.
  • Options
    Sometimes you don't get what you deserve. 
  • Options
    i don't get why sunderland "deserve" to be promoted, they played one of the worst play off 2 leg affairs i have ever seen, throughout the season went 1-0 up and tried to defend unsuccessfully for the rest of the game, sold more to a checkatrade game than the play off final because they were expecting to go up automatically. 

the way i see it they played 46 league games the same as everyone else we finished higher and we went up. 
  • Options
    I agree. What was telling for me was that when we went down at Wembley, I wasn't too upset about it. I could see how it might actually benefit us given who our opponents were. That is what I thought at the time and I shouldn't have been thinking that. 

• Options
    Met a few when I was in Spain last week where I enjoyed celebrating the win whilst me Mrs was working in Alicante. Decent lads and we had a great night out. They didn't feel bitter and wished us well for the future. Swapped a couple of phone numbers and if we meet again which I am sure we will, hope to meet up. 
  • Options
    Met a few when I was in Spain last week where I enjoyed celebrating the win whilst me Mrs was working in Alicante. Decent lads and we had a great night out. They didn't feel bitter and wished us well for the future. Swapped a couple of phone numbers and if we meet again which I am sure we will, hope to meet up. 
    At Wembley..........somewhere around 2040 by my reckoning.
  • Options
    At Wembley..........somewhere around 2040 by my reckoning.
    Hopefully 2 years time in the prem. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can i ask what your Mrs works as? Genuine question. Dont answer if you would rather not, fully understand.
  • Options
    Can i ask what your Mrs works as? Genuine question. Dont answer if you would rather not, fully understand.
    Flamenco dancer.
  • Options
    She works for Barclays bank...
  • Options
    Just when you think the love-fest with the Mackems is on the wane, listen to this.

Ten days ago I had watched England play Holland in Gimareis Portugal thousands of us ( probably over 10k) walked to the train station to catch a train back to Porto.

We were hemmed in by riot police, it started raining, I found it a deeply unpleasant experience
    To cut to the  chase, got talking to the guy next to me, yes he was a Sunderland supporter, claimed to have been to all 6 of their loosing Wembley finals. That's two this year. Nice guy to talk football with.

PS. After an hour and half of misery at around 1am I was allowed onto a train.
    The riot police were very professional I thought, although they had no problems from the crowd.