Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We’ve only gone and bloody done it again!!!! (2019 Playoff Final).

Comments

• Options
    I watch the highlights nearly daily, still cant believe I was there to witness it!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    This thread is without doubt one of the most important ever on CL.......quite simply history in the making for both the club and CL.
    Lost count of the number of times I have watched the goal and crowd celebrations frame by frame using my remote control ......bumped into the pink shirted fella coming away from the Barnsley game a few weeks ago and exchanged a few words with him.....he said so many people saw him on the Sky footage and stop him to say hello..........he and his pals delirious celebrations will always help us relive that ecstatic moment for many many years to come.......UP THE ADDICKS!
  • Options
    Just watched the 5 minute highlights again with Charlton Live commentary - had me laughing and crying in equal measure as our goals went in. Superb!
  • Options
    I would still like to thank the religious Charlton fan who was shown doing the sign of the cross just before that goal, (I am an atheist but perhaps his faith was strong enough)  :)
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I would still like to thank the religious Charlton fan who was shown doing the sign of the cross just before that goal, (I am an atheist but perhaps his faith was strong enough)  :)
    Did I see somewhere he was actually a Liverpool fan?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Did I see somewhere he was actually a Liverpool fan?
    Yes and he's half Belgian!

He's been up to the museum and is a nice guy with a genuine support for Charlton.
  • Options
    I hadn't been nervous or over excited in the build up.

I hadn't been nervous or overexcited during the game.

That was until Bauer scored.

How could the ref re-start the game? Please please don't let them equalise now, come on Ref, times up, blow that feckin whistle.  Longest six seconds I can remember.

Felt great to be part of this great gathering of the Charlton clan. So many young people and kids seeing their club at Wembley for the first time, the future is yours.

Not a great game or performance but Bowyer stopped Sunderland and then played a masterstroke by putting Pearce at the back and pushing Beilik into midfield. Sarr is fine when we dominate and he isn't pressurised on the deck but his booking showed how his weaknesses can be exposed. He was partly at fault too for the overshot back pass on target but Philips has to own that OG and to be far to him he did. "Luckiest man alive" as he said.

Our first goal exemplified our season, neat triangles around the box, a low, hard cross into the box and score. How many goals have come from that? This season or even just in the play-offs?

That it was a full back showed that we needed defenders to score to overcome Sunderland's strong defence and that was wonderfully, beautifully proved again at the death.

Scrappiest of scrappy goals. I lost sight of the ball then suddenly it reappeared, bouncing of a defenders knee and bulging the side netting.

Glad there were replays and TV highlights as missed all the players celebrations due to my own.

Shouts out to the aggressive Pratley,  when you get booed off by the opposition you know you've done your job ,and to Williams, perfect sub who kept the ball, won free kicks and gave the rest of the team, who looked absolutely knackered last 15 minutes, an out ball and some respite.

A lot will change over the summer, hope upon hope that that doesn't include the manager but does include the owner but that is for other threads.

Right now we did it, we did it.  See you all in the Championship.
    This is the post that got the promote? Not the thread that has hit 2059 pages so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Showing on Sky Sports Mix at 4pm
  • Options
    Positivity plus.  Good on you canters.
  • Options
    Dug this thread out (just like Josh Cullen dug that cross out) to bring a bit of much needed cheer to this place.

I think if you had told me then that come February we would have new owners, Bow and co on long term contracts and be 3 places, 5 points (plus 10 goal difference) above relegation having not once been in the bottom 3 all year I wouldn't have believed you.

Everything is not yet clear but it could be so much worse. We have come a long way and are in a great position to build from.

COYR!
    Depends when you told me, probably would have believed it in January 2020
  • Options
    Yes ESI's greatest achievement thus far is they are not Roland
  • Options
    Whatever shit is making life hard or getting me down, I just come back to this thread. A moment that will forever give me goosebumps.
  • Options
    1 year on bump
  • Options
    Didnt know how to put a video on here,  but I just tweeted this

• Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Not many things bring a tear to my eye but that one always does.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Watched the whole game again yesterday. 

Hadnt realised what a tight, poor game it actually was. The ball was in play very little. I had it in my head we were much the stronger team in the second half, but it was a less than I thought. We barely created any chances. 

Some non-glam players like Parker out in a real workmanlike shift. Bielik got MoM but while no one properly stood out, Cullen was a clear MoM for me. 

Will never not get excited by that ending, 
    That's my take on it. I posted a couple of weeks ago that it could hardly be classed as a classic. Apart from the calamitous opening 5 mins (for us)  and the final 5 secs not a lot happened during the game. In the 90 mins inbetween those incidents we equalised......and that was about it. Taylor had a shot just over (rising so never going in) and Phillips tipped one shot round the post. Nothing else of note. Watching the highlights back over the weekend I was surprised how well Cullen played as I dont recall that irl......and like you wonder why Bielik got MOTM.
  • Options

Hadnt realised what a tight, poor game it actually was. The ball was in play very little. I had it in my head we were much the stronger team in the second half, but it was a less than I thought. We barely created any chances. 

Some non-glam players like Parker out in a real workmanlike shift. Bielik got MoM but while no one properly stood out, Cullen was a clear MoM for me. 

Reckon you could have made an argument for Williams being MOM even though he only played 25 minutes.
  • Options

Reckon you could have made an argument for Williams being MOM even though he only played 25 minutes.
    Nah, it was a good cameo but Cullen was excellent throughout.

I see all the tributes and celebrations on social media to celebrate the anniversary but I just can’t bring myself to engage with them whilst the actual survival of our club is threatened, it actually just makes me sad. 
  • Options
    Remember waiting for 2PM hoping to see Igor name on the teamsheet. Never got the news that he was ruled out weeks before that.
  • Options

Spot on Smudge!
  • Options
    I think all 3 play off finals were poor last season, ours might just have been the best one due to the dramatic ending. 
  • Options
    Yes ESI's greatest achievement thus far is they are not Roland
    And there you have it. 👍