Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We’ve only gone and bloody done it again!!!! (2019 Playoff Final).

Comments

• Options
    A week later and I'm still riding on the same high I was this time last week
    Must have watched various highlights at least 20 times today and watched a dozen allez allez allez you tube clips
    This, I am totally hooked..... 

Was off last week, back to work tomorrow maybe I can go cold turkey!!! 
  • Options
    Perhaps the only time I’ll ever cheer a German scoring a goal at Wembley... 
    No, he is going to get the winner for us again next season.
  • Options
    Bored now.. Want the new season to start already!
  • Options
    Rob said:

@Siv_in_Norfolk
    You might be appearing on this website soon...  :smile:

http://lookatmyfuckingredtrousers.blogspot.com/?m=1

I even cited that website as I made the choice to wear, and later put on, the trousers

I just.....

...the day warranted it

I'm aware that the website cares not... the b'stards
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    BR3red said:
    Best bet of my whole life 👍👍👍
    Many congrats mate! What a day. Mentioned to my boy before the game that I fancied maybe Pearce/Nabby or Bauer to pop one in from a dead ball situation. Should have had the courage of my convictions. Hope you're going to put the dosh to a season ticket - once the crazy Belgian disappears over the horizon of course!
    Arghh - thought that this was such a great idea !!

Gave in .... Season ticket bought.

Properly going to blame you @addick05 if it all goes Pete Tong ......!! 😉
  • Options
    Still can't quite believe it happened.
  • Options
    Not your classic gooner posh boy red though
    Fantastic outfit; Would do the the same were I young enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some good fan-made clips on YouTube showing the last goal. I always like those. Especially when you see older guys in the stands afterwards who might never live to see something like that again. Things like this are once in a generation events and they know it.
  • Options
    Some good fan-made clips on YouTube showing the last goal. I always like those. Especially when you see older guys in the stands afterwards who might never live to see something like that again. Things like this are once in a generation events and they know it.
    Sometimes they are, sometimes they can happen again next season! Here's hoping.
  • Options
    Just rewatched the 5 minute clip with the Charlton Live commentary for the umpteenth time ... BRILLIANT. It was just like I was celebrating two goals in two minutes what with Bauer Scoring and then the final whistle blowing seconds later #scenes Still can’t quite believe it 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    A week and a half on, I still have the same overriding feeling -  It was the type of thing that happens to other teams, you sit there  thinking "I wish that was us" and this time it was. 1998 was amazing, but I was so knotted up with tension that after the initial euphoria, like most people I felt exhausted. This was a full scale, batshit crazy moment. 

It would have been nice if we'd done it to someone else, again the Sunderland fans (and ex-players, one M. Gray) I came across were  absolutely fine, there are plenty of teams more deserving of that sort of defeat. Or maybe we are their Wembley bogey team after all.
  • Options
    The only goal I can remember celebrating anywhere near as much as the winner was Aizelwood’s equaliser at Spurs in the 1 1 Fa Cup match in 1985. 
  • Options
    The only goal I can remember celebrating anywhere near as much as the winner was Aizelwood’s equaliser at Spurs in the 1 1 Fa Cup match in 1985. 
    Dennis in the last minute. 
    Thought I was gonna have a heart attack. 
    Yeah, that would be up there if I’d been at the game.
  • Options
    Yes indeed, how many of us were jammed into that end? And if Flanagans effort in the last few moments had gone in...  
  • Options
    One of my favourite all time away days, they had to open extra pens to accomodate us and climbing over the fences whilst singing and jumping was epic. The following Monday at school all the Spurs fans (and it was mostly Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool at my school) were very complimentary about Charltons turn out that day. 

The replay was almost as much fun as well!! 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    One of my favourite all time away days, they had to open extra pens to accomodate us and climbing over the fences whilst singing and jumping was epic. The following Monday at school all the Spurs fans (and it was mostly Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool at my school) were very complimentary about Charltons turn out that day. 

The replay was almost as much fun as well!! 
    Not sure it was ‘fun’ but fairly lively!

I went to a football awards night in the evening with someone I worked with and Steve Gritt turned up. I was over him like a rash and must have bored him fucking senseless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was an incredible day out - I think we drank in a pub called the Robert E Lee on Seven Sisters Road ; and I remember singing “we’ll see you at the Valley” .... and blimey we did - I was 17

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Do you know what - it reminds me that I love Charlton more than England. I still love England, but will always take a Charlton win first. Who would swap our victory with England winning last night? 
  • Options
    Do you know what - it reminds me that I love Charlton more than England. I still love England, but will always take a Charlton win first. Who would swap our victory with England winning last night? 
    Not sure last night is the right comparison. If the comparison had been last year’s World Cup Semi Final then I’m not sure what I would have picked. The latter really would have felt like a once in a lifetime opportunity, rather than once in a generation. 
  • Options
    Hadn't seen this angle before - no commentary and a great roar from the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkgCBiyHayI

No matter how many times you've watched it , it just gets better !
  • Options
    Hadn't seen this angle before - no commentary and a great roar from the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkgCBiyHayI

No matter how many times you've watched it , it just gets better !
    the good thing about this angle is not watching the ball, but watching the set up in the box. Watching Sunderland's defending going to pot as they allow three on three go to three on two by letting a man go. Schoolboy defending (but great build up from Aribo and Cullen). 
  • Options
    1se7 said:
    In a million years I would never have gone as bonkers about an England goal - much as I want England to win. That moment @ Wembley was something else. 100% . Pure Radio .
    Was going to say that the only comparable celebration in recent times was when we beat Colombia in the penalty shoot out at the world cup last year. Entire bar i was in went absolutely crazy.

In terms of Charlton goals for me, nothing recent springs to mind at all. Probably need to go back to the premier league days and the late winner in the 4-3 at Villa, the late Kitson goal when we took the whole away stand at Palace and the late winner in the 3-2 cup win at Coventry.
  • Options
    1se7 said:
    In a million years I would never have gone as bonkers about an England goal - much as I want England to win. That moment @ Wembley was something else. 100% . Pure Radio .
    Was going to say that the only comparable celebration in recent times was when we beat Colombia in the penalty shoot out at the world cup last year. Entire bar i was in went absolutely crazy.

In terms of Charlton goals for me, nothing recent springs to mind at all. Probably need to go back to the premier league days and the late winner in the 4-3 at Villa, the late Kitson goal when we took the whole away stand at Palace and the late winner in the 3-2 cup win at Coventry.
    Re Colombia, probably the same in every bar.  Certainly was where we were.

Re Charlton goals, they were all great, especially v Villa, but Paddy’s is in a class of its own.