Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We’ve only gone and bloody done it again!!!! (2019 Playoff Final).

Comments

• Options
    Wonderful stuff.  Thank you everyone for reliving the day for those of us who had no way of attending.  I missed 98 as well for various reasons, it is amazing how modern tech and this thread have given me a taste albeit vicariously of the day. I have tried to "like" them all.

Grateful,  Soapy.
  • Options
    We are yet again watching the Quest hour highlights programme. Rewound the goal only six times this time!  Now listening to Dazza Bent.  Have pressed Keep on the sky remote.

Up the Addicks! 

Ps Benty talks like he’s on speed! Buzzing after the match I guess! 

• Options

Is Meire in charge of security again? You're lucky they haven't grabbed you around the throat yet.
  • Options
    RedRyan said:

Look up “class” in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Lyle Taylor. 
  • Options
    So as a complete contrast to yesterday, I meet up with my mum and sister at Nyman's, a National Trust property in West Sussex. I decide to wear my Charlton shirt and no one bats an eyelid for an hour or so, until a bloke comes up to me and says, 'You were at the match, yesterday, weren't you?' And suddenly remembering this stranger's face, I reply, 'Yes, you were sitting in front of me. We hugged when Bauer scored.' 

Small world.
    That’s my mate Reid. He sent us a WhatsApp msg about meeting you, @captainbob
    Say hello to Reid from me. You can tell him I'm still walking around in my Charlton shirt, unashamedly attention-seeking, @AddicksAddict
    @captainbob Reid says Hello and wonders if the shirts getting a bit whiffy yet?
  • Options
    So as a complete contrast to yesterday, I meet up with my mum and sister at Nyman's, a National Trust property in West Sussex. I decide to wear my Charlton shirt and no one bats an eyelid for an hour or so, until a bloke comes up to me and says, 'You were at the match, yesterday, weren't you?' And suddenly remembering this stranger's face, I reply, 'Yes, you were sitting in front of me. We hugged when Bauer scored.' 

Small world.
    That’s my mate Reid. He sent us a WhatsApp msg about meeting you, @captainbob
    Say hello to Reid from me. You can tell him I'm still walking around in my Charlton shirt, unashamedly attention-seeking, @AddicksAddict
    @captainbob Reid says Hello and wonders if the shirts getting a bit whiffy yet?
    @AddicksAddict Quick rinse wash last night as it was getting whiffy and I wanted one last celebratory wearing on a day out in London. On the train now from Eastbourne in a slightly damp shirt.
  • Options
    Just remembered this.  As we got off the tube at Wembley Park, there was the most surreal announcement:

"Would the Transport Police go to Platform 1 for fight".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just remembered this.  As we got off the tube at Wembley Park, there was the most surreal announcement:

We got exactly the same announcement when we got off the tube at 12.45!
  • Options

Were you in Club Wembley?
  • Options
    Fantastic thread for a fantastic day. Really hope that a season DVD comes out. So many great memories, I think everyone had really enjoyed the season even before the playoffs and then to qualify for and win the final in the way we did was just incredible. What do people on here think the chances are of a season DVD coming out are? Haven't heard any talk about it.
  • Options
    Who represented CAFC at Wembley. Richard Murray ?
  • Options
    Murray and the Parkes.
  • Options
    Murray and the Parkes.
    Did anyone warn Wembley about getting the vol-au-vents in?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LB, JJ, a bunch of players in red and 40,000 or so others I believe...
  • Options

I have sent you a PM.
  • Options
    Not your classic gooner posh boy red though
  • Options

I have sent you a PM.
  • Options
    Perhaps the only time I’ll ever cheer a German scoring a goal at Wembley... 
  • Options
    A week later and I'm still riding on the same high I was this time last week
    Must have watched various highlights at least 20 times today and watched a dozen allez allez allez you tube clips