Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We’ve only gone and bloody done it again!!!! (2019 Playoff Final).

Comments

• Options
    I was the same when we scored, disbelief, probably the most uncharltonlike thing to do is score 94rh minute winner in a final. We at least for over 30 years. 
    Even when they retook centre I expected Sunderland to win a corner and put me through it but nope, Bauer just mopped up the long ball and game was done. 

• Options
    Just watched the Quest show Murray needs to stop talking for the players. 

Amazing watching back the video footage. 

Would love to re-watch the full game. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I was the same when we scored, disbelief, probably the most uncharltonlike thing to do is score 94rh minute winner in a final. We at least for over 30 years. 
    Even when they retook centre I expected Sunderland to win a corner and put me through it but nope, Bauer just mopped up the long ball and game was done. 

That was Pearce wasn't it?
  • Options
    Still on cloud 9....on the piss Sunday, Monday and Tuesday....having a break for a couple of days before continuing on Friday, with a day out to Lewes.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That was Pearce wasn't it?
    Yes, he was he only Charlton player to touch the ball after play resumed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Over the years I've learned not to expect too much when watching Charlton, but when "Naby passed to Dillon", that was an all-time low moment. I was thinking in terms of 4 or 5, but when Dillon made a really good save just afterwards, and when Pratley started to kick their midfield up in the air, I realised we weren't going to fold.

When our own BFG scored with a few seconds to go, I must have been the only person in our half of the ground not shouting and dancing. I just stood there, with my mouth open, I assume, not believing what I was seeing. That sort of thing doesn't happen to us, does it? Why is Jackson sprinting down the touchline like Usain Bolt? What's going on? It was only when my neighbour nearly knocked me over that I realised we had won.

My son and I had a good chat with Patrick when the pre-season tour was in Austria a few years ago, so we were both really happy that he got the winner.

Finally, if the bloke on the 7.05 Level flight from Vienna to Gatwick last Sunday, wearing our shirt, is reading this, I'm sorry but I didn't notice you until you ran past me to get off the plane. I certainly wasn't expecting to see another Charlton shirt in Vienna. I hope you enjoyed yourself as much as we did.
    To the tune of 'My Old Man's a Dustman':

When Naby passed to Dillion,
    We thought we'd fucked it up,
    But 90 minutes later,
    Sols lifted up the cup.

Bows took us on a journey,
    He said we're going back,
    Now Charlton's in the Championship,
    Always on the attack.
    Not bad .
    Bug you ain't no Bob Dylan 
  • Options
    My over riding memory, we got in the ground about 1.30 (tried the Green Man, but rammed) - the escalator up to the upper tier, P entrance, it did not stop giving - happy, determined, enthusiastic fans - We drank in that bar just above the escalator till about 2.40, was just amazed at the constant stream, my eldest reminded me that it was being replicated all around us. Was blinding
  • Options
    Sorry, haven’t read through the posts so if already discussed, apologies.

Like everyone I’m sure, I’ve been endlessly watching replays of the match and our first goal does look offside or do I not understand the offside rule?

Obviously I don’t give a toss but what is the general opinion?
  • Options

Like everyone I’m sure, I’ve been endlessly watching replays of the match and our first goal does look offside or do I not understand the offside rule?

Who gives a  fcuk. 
    We won and are promoted 
  • Options
    I think both Pratley and Purrington were behind the BALL!

In which case, ON side...
  • Options

Definitely not offside. The best view I've seen of the goal is on the QuestOD highlights. They show the build up and the cross from side on. At no point is a player offside when the ball is played to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRAddick said:

Definitely not offside. The best view I've seen of the goal is on the QuestOD highlights. They show the build up and the cross from side on. At no point is a player offside when the ball is played to them.
    Great, that sorts that out, I clearly don’t know the offside rule.

Thank f*ck I wasn’t reffing!
  • Options

Not offside as our players were behind the ball when the cross was made, even if they were ahead of the defenders
  • Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else not want the ‘feeling’ to fade? Been watching stuff on YouTube just because. What a day.
    It'll be back to normal on here soon enough.
    All the miserable bastards must be bursting at the seams to start posting again and they'll all be reading this seething :smile:

Ain’t that the truth.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    I will post my thoughts and experience later but my 1st reaction when Bauer scored was to check the lino in case there was offside, or a foul, then looked to the left and saw players going mad. I couldn't work out why some of them starting going off in different directions. Then I saw that Jacko was with them. (Having seem the goal on highlights since I now realise it was because Jacko had gone on a run towards the corner flag. (Hopefully the FA won't take any action against him for leaving his technical area and going on the rung, you them "fun police". Also who was the 1st person over there.. ? Was it Cullen who put in the cross (What a perfect cross). I turned to a friend and in my head we had 2 mins left. I didn't realise it was the last seconds. When the ref blew and the Sunderland players went down in a heap I thought it must be for a foul or offside when ref blew. Also It felt like and anti climax and were "cheated'" as we had NOT gone to extra time and penalties. I was there on that amazing day in 1998. It was sudden, done, all over, no penalties on extra time. It was a big relief.

I really think that goal and promotion will see the end of the road for Roland and we will get our club back. It will be a rebirth of our famous great club. The quicker you sell it Roland the quicker we can start building a team to stay up next season. 
    Likewise Rudders. Think I was checking for the lino’s flag for what felt like ten seconds
  • Options
    Now just imagine if we'd had to wait for VAR???
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    This is what it means!
     Not sure which one is you but I was sitting directly behind you with my family and my brother in law @Nicholas. One of you took a photo of me, the misses and my two boys.
    That was me mate, kept telling your boys to drink it in Cos this doesn’t happen often haha! Pleasure to meet ya 👍🏻