Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We’ve only gone and bloody done it again!!!! (2019 Playoff Final).

Comments

• Options
    Nicholas said:
    Finally feel back to normal today.

The boys
    The family
    The boobs

That last photo is brilliant, really tickled me. Looks like a still from a Carry on film.
    Did you ask if he's had the rest of his equipment sorted out?
    Facial feminisation surgery not usually the last job but each to his own.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Josh Cullen had 3 choices in that split second before the cross.
    1. Slip the ball back to Williams who was causing their defenders grief. This was the easy option.
    2. Slip the ball back to Aribo who was in the box and let his magic feet do some damage.
    3. Or swing the ball to the back post where both BFG and Pearce were loitering with intent.

The reason Cullen is attached to a Prem club is he chose the correct option number 3. Bizarrely he hadn't made the most of his crossing until that final moment 
    Very true. Several of my Prem supporting friends have told me they wouldn't mind their clubs snapping him up. Would be nice if we could keep him on loan next season too.
  • Options
    cullen is a west ham player - so his future is nothing to do with us unforunately, makes me laugh search josh cullen on google and the 1st headline is "well done you now have earned a spot at west ham"  that is only thing with us where we have a few loanees in its always going to happen they play well but then they get taken back. 
  • Options
    cullen is a west ham player - so his future is nothing to do with us unforunately, makes me laugh search josh cullen on google and the 1st headline is "well done you now have earned a spot at west ham"  that is only thing with us where we have a few loanees in its always going to happen they play well but then they get taken back. 
    Bit like Parker when he went Norwich, just comes with the territory. 
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sunday just confirmed what I already knew, my emotions & reaction when Bauer scored that goal dwarfed anything that I have ever experienced supporting England. Of course I wanted to win the World Cup but if you offered me Sunday's game or England winning the World Cup, i'd choose Sunday every time. Charlton first always COYR!!
    1 million per cent. I was at the Colombia game last year and as great as it was, that didn't even get close to emulating the feeling of the Donny shoot-out, let alone what happened on Sunday!
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    What a few days of football for me and the boys.

Ive been boycotting for two years because of this owner and there has been no club to 'belong' too, until the now legend that is Lee Bowyer took over, I got hold of a ticket for the semi final against Donny and realised that Lee Bowyer and JJ have created that togetherness that we as 'supporters' have been craving. 
    What a night that was, and the togetherness showed, within the team and management and the team and supporters, which is one of the main reasons I have supported Charlton for over 45 years.
    So we couldn't miss going to Wembley, I missed the 98 play offs because I was looking after my three very young boys, so couldn't go.

May 26th dawned and we were up early, GreenieJnr went at silly o'clock to meet his mates at the Green Man. Myself and middle lad, got the train, from Dartford to London Bridge, nice to see and chat to some old faces I'd not seen for a couple of years, many in the same boat as myself.
    Met my Charlton brother and his Missus and my West Ham brother (Helmet) came along with his 12 year old son who told me he supported Man City?

Straight into Box Park, beers, beers and more Beers, stuffed some grub down my neck and about 2.15 headed up The Way.
    Took my seat behind the goal to the right 20 rows up from pitch side I guess. 
    Mightily impressed with the new Wembley stadium.

Greenie Jnr limps towards his seat, he tripped and turned his ankle as he got in ground. It dont look good, swollen to twice the size and gone a very nice Charlton red for the occasion.

What an atmosphere, the semi final at the Valley was superb, but this was on a different level....well done every one of you.
    3pm, kick off...thunderous noise....3.05 pm, the biggest WTF moment I have ever witnessed on a football pitch, did that really happen and all in slow motion? I said to anybody who would listen, were gonna do them 2-1.

Greenie jnr in agony from ankle, so goes to see First Aiders, hes gone for a while, the strap it up and ice it, not broken, badly sprained and ligament damage.

More noise, even more noise, we never gave up, and neither did our team, the Bowyer effect is contagious to the team and fans, and this is why we need an owner to buy the club and also buy into the emotion of our great football club.

3.35pm - in it goes following some really nice interplay....BEDLAM absolute BEDLAM. Greenie jnr still at first aid.

Second half kicks off. Greenie Jnr back now. More noise, more mayhem, the players are being carried on a wave of noise, surely we wont fail today, today must be our day.

Its mostly us, Lee B makes some astute subs, Pratly off (superb display, roughed them up all game) Jonny Williams arrival popped us into top gear and off he went at them for the remainder of the match. They didn't like him running at them, Josh got more space, as did Taylor.

Time ticks on, surely its extra time,....then it happened....that thing that no Charlton fan who was there will ever forget, again great interplay with Joe and Cullen (MOM), over it goes, the BFG heads it down, shit its saved, then he toe pokes it in from 6 yards.......then 2 years of frustratingly watching Jeff Stelling on a Saturday afternoon with all the frustrations that happen when you can't do something you have been doing for decades are released into a plethora of sheer unbridled joy, noise and madness, on the seats jumping up and down, kissed and hugged by so many people all experiencing the biggest high ever. Checked the ref and lino....it has really happened....it has really happened. 

THE FINAL WHISTLE. We are going up, against all the odds and against a man who is worth a billon euros who has single handedly tried to wreck our club, we are going up, they did it. They only went and did it. We love you Charlton, we do.
    It shows you cant buy class no much how much you have in the bank.

I watched the lads and manager lift the cup at Wembley, on what would have been my dads 82nd birthday........this is why we go to football and why we support a proper football club, the togetherness, the community the spirit and occasionally something like this happens to us, the collective US.
    Men were made great today and they play in Red and White.

*A small footnote to end a long post....I had a few celebratory Beers back at box park, the boys stayed on, so I walked back down the Way on my own, hopped on the tube to Victoria, chatted to many Addicks, got the train to Borough Green, got off no taxis, my Mrs was drinking so couldn't come and get me, so I walked 4.5 miles home to Vigo its all uphill, along dark, unlit, country lanes, as soon as a car came along I had to duck into hedges, then carry on walking, it took me over an hour, but I didn't really walk, I floated along, it didn't matter because we went to Wembley and we won our Charlton back.

COYRs

Floated along? You sure you're not a Vampire Greenie?
  • Options
    Thank goodness I can now change my “hell in a hand cart” moniker to something a bit more upbeat. COYR. 
  • Options
    No different to just about all teams in the EFL though. Yesterday's match between Villa and Derby had several loanees playing who will go back
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Reading this thread has been a real joy, and a privilege. Not kidding. 
  • Options
    Bloody hell...

”I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the Championship clubs had a say in how this game went to be honest. Let’s face it who is going to be the bigger threat to them next season, us or little old Charlton?

Any Championship club would much rather have Charlton, Bransley and Luton up as cannon fodder than genuine title contenders like us.“
    I imagine the Championship was quite pleased to have Sunderland last season, when they probably considered themselves "genuine title contenders" after their relegation from the Premier League and, playing like they did yesterday (and the last two/three months of the season), they'd have been happy to have them again next season.

Instead, Division Two has to worry about Lord Bowyer.

Be afraid, Championship, be very afraid. Lord Bowyer is coming for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have been a the Valley when the crowd was between forty and fifty thousand, and the 1998 play offs, but can never remember an atmosphere like the other Friday night, or on Sunday afternoon.  Just something so special.  The" Idiot" doesn't realise what a jewel he has got.
  • Options
    Won’t ever ever ever get bored of watching that winner. Just remembering that feeling is the best thing ever, my favourite moment in following football.

Got the biggest bruise on the back of my thigh from banging into the seats, but I’m wearing it as a badge of honour today at work. 

What a day.
  • Options
    Think this will load, but it’s probably sideways. anyway, it’s Lee Cattermole’s reaction to the own goal. While the other players celebrate, he looks as shocked and dismayed as the rest of us 
  • Options
    perfect symmetry:  First game of the season.. we lose 2-1 at S O L to a 94th minute goal .. Last game of the season .. we win at Wembley 2-1 to a 94th minute goal 

Huge thanks to our loanees: Purrington (goal scorer extrarordinaire), Cullen and Bielik .. the last two would have been very worthy players of the season (and the last few seasons) other than for Taylor's sublime all round form .. all three would be welcomed back to the Valley as our players ANYtime

A place in the CAFC House of Lords for Mr Lee Bowyer and Mr John Jackson .. please take your ermine cloaks and golden thrones and be seated alongside Lords Llewellyn and Mendonca  

Next, to the Championship, onwards and upwards
  • Options
    I do know what you mean about us starting to look leggier at that stage, but I think we showed at the end that we both had tired players and fresher players and that was a bit misleading. If you look at our goal, tired foul on Parker, Let us take it to their area without enough challenge and a free man at the back post. All signs of tiredness.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I don't think Williams was looking at all tired!

What were the odds that all their back 4 would have stayed on the pitch for the extra half hour the way Jonny was running at them????
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences of the day. I know that's what happens on a forum, but it's been great to read thoughts from people who have their own experiences of (perhaps) the most special day of my life so far. I've loved reading through all of the comments (although I haven't got any work done all day!).

I don't think my words can do it justice, except to say that it was an incredibly special day and one that I'll cherish and treasure for as long as I live.@jimmymelrose , I think you have been mentioned on Sunderland's 'Ready to Go' forum. Someone was talking about how one of our fans stopped after the game to console their son. I feel really proud of this club and privileged to have shared in such an incredible day with some amazing people.

I brought my wife along, as I wanted her to see why this club means so much to me and countless others. She said that she'd tried to hug me when the winner went in and that I almost knocked her over. She wisely stepped back. I have no recollection of this whatsoever and can only recall looking briefly looking towards my group before being pulled into a bundle and embracing complete strangers as if they were long lost brothers. That was an incredible moment and I'm sure it'll be one of, if not the enduring memory for me when I look back over my time supporting this club in the years and decades ahead. 

I really want to watch the full game over, as I cannot remember anything about the entire second half. It's all a blur. 

Have any of you been wearing Charlton colours when out and about? My wife ran the 10k in central London yesterday. I had so many people congratulate me on the game, including a guy who was running the 10k. He came over to me during the run, shook my hand and said, "Congratulations for yesterday, from a Crystal Palace fan", before jogging off. After that, literally about five people congratulated me. My wife was stood next to me, with her medal around her neck, having just run 10 kilometers and  was he one who was being congratulated. Felt a bit bad for her. Just a bit. :smile:

Please tell me you tripped the Palace c**t up.