Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We’ve only gone and bloody done it again!!!! (2019 Playoff Final).

Comments

• GET INNNNNNNNNNNNN (creds to The Guardian and Lee Smith/Action Images)

Brilliant photo of a great moment.  Just love the way it has caught the fans reaction.
    Would make a nice poster.
    Just made this my new screensaver. Brilliant photo. I'm not in it but it could just aswell be me. The best last minute winner of all time.
  • Can someone please post Valley Pass commentary with the winner
  • Sunderland fans feel Ross screwed up the last transfer window and is too negative and basically cost them promotion in the second half of the season.
    I have a bit of a theory about this. If you are having a reasonably successful season in the Scottish Premier League, your "prize" is to play Celtic 4 times. I think the average Scottish managers mentality is "we'll build a Maginot line, defend like buggery, and maybe we'll get lucky and sneak a goal!"

When what Sunderland needed, (let's not forget, they're still getting parachute payments from the Premier League!) is a manager whose attitude is "Screw everyone else! We're going for an unbeaten season and do everybody 4-0!"

Wrong manager = wrong club.
    Understand your theory, but he's never managed in the top league in Scotland. He took St Mirren from the bottom of the Championship (League 2 as it is down here) to winning it the next season. Was also Dumbarton's caretaker and assistant manager so come in Agent Jack your time is up😉
  • Sponsored links:

• What a weekend! Stayed for 2 nights in an Airbnb in Hammersmith. Had the most delicious curry (traditional street food style) on Saturday night in a delightful place called 'Patri Hammersmith'. 
    Sunday was fantastic with family in the North Star on Finchley Road and then of course the game! Not sure I've experienced anything like that at a football match? It even gives 98 a run for its money when you take into account our current off field situation.
    Now, sadly, I've just come back down to earth with a bump (literally)!! I've just landed back in Riyadh!!  :|
  • Imagine if Bowyer had £4m to spend in the last transfer window!
    I would have been happy just keeping KAG. I think we would have gotten the necessary 4 points to have gone straight up. It all worked out, though, in the end.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Sad to see people slating Parker on the marks thread. He was a makeweight signing, who would never have been expected to play in the semis, and final, but he played his part when thrown into the deep end.  
    In the final he did nothing wrong, without being brilliant, but won the free kick that lead to the winner. 
    We might not see him in a Charlton shirt again, but if we don’t, ta for giving it your best shot Josh. 
    And I’d be happy if he stayed tbh. 
    Agree 100% with everything up to last sentence. Parker put a shift in which i loved but he wouldmt even score in a brothel. We are in huge trouble if we see him in a charlton shirt next year if we are honest.
  • seth plum said:
    In that clip it is nice only watching Ben Purrington, especially knowing before he does he will score.
    Watch closely, canny play.
    His defender just let him go. Shocking defending.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a weekend! Stayed for 2 nights in an Airbnb in Hammersmith. Had the most delicious curry (traditional street food style) on Saturday night in a delightful place called 'Patri Hammersmith'. 
    Sunday was fantastic with family in the North Star on Finchley Road and then of course the game! Not sure I've experienced anything like that at a football match? It even gives 98 a run for its money when you take into account our current off field situation.
    Now, sadly, I've just come back down to earth with a bump (literally)!! I've just landed back in Riyadh!!  :|
    You poor sod.  Two weeks in Riyadh was the worst two weeks of my life.
  • Can someone please post Valley Pass commentary with the winner
    http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/2019/05/27/charlton-live-promotion-special/

Highlights About 5 mins in.

That is EPIC.

If someone knows how to patch that over the top of the Tv coverage we will have a winner
  • hawksmoor said:
    I was in 552 a block away from the Mackems and an old boy in a flat cap and two hearing aids was offering them out for most of the game.
    Can you hear the Sunderland sing? I can’t hear a fucking thing!

No, seriously, I can’t hear you. I think I forgot to charge my hearing aids. 
    I was in block 143 and thought that at times they were louder than us.

For long periods of the 2nd half they definitely were making more noise (they got their roar going). Our crowd seemed strangely subdued for a while but it built up towards the end!
  • I think overall - before the game was decided, we were the loudest. It was a game with a lot of tension and there were spells where it subdued both a little, but we dusted ourselves off and went back at it better than them. Maybe they were more tense than us.
    You poor sod.  Two weeks in Riyadh was the worst two weeks of my life.
    You get used to it mate. Especially at the end of each month!  ;)
  • edited May 2019
    Wrong Thread ...
  • Blucher said:
    What an absolutely magnificent day from start to finish. For those lucky enough to be there, the memories will stay with us for the rest of our lives. 

We certainly don’t do things the easy way, with the most ridiculous own goal - make that any goal - I’ve seen Charlton concede in my 51 seasons of watching them. Absurd goals are conceded from time to time in big games (e.g.in both last season’s Champions League Final and in the World Cup Final) but what a terrible start. The team deserve a lot of credit for recovering from that early gut punch. It would have been an absolute tragedy for Dillon and Naby - two of our standout performers in the second half of the season - if it had proved decisive.

Overall, I thought it was a relatively low quality game, with few chances at either end, save for Charlton’s equaliser, which was sublime. Sunderland were pretty pedestrian, rarely threatened (other than Leadbitter’s first half shot) and I thought that we moved the ball better in midfield once we got over that shaky opening 15-20 minutes.

Playing three at the back wasn’t working and Naby was being exposed for pace down the left side. We were missing Bielik’s power and surging runs in midfield and, in any event, didn’t need an extra defender to deal with strikers like the desperately average Charlie Wyke. That said, would Purrington have been popping up at the far post for his goal if we’d been playing a flat back 4 ? Maybe, maybe not.

The change of shape and substitutions helped us to gain a greater measure of control, Pearce was rock solid at the back and Jonny Williams injected real momentum with his direct and skillful dribbling after he entered the fray. That said, the game had extra time written all over it before that explosion of total ecstasy 6 seconds from the end of added time - followed by another moments later when the ref blew for full time. Just incredible.

We went to the Wembley Box Park post-match where the DJ belted out a series a anthems and the entire game was shown again on a giant screen. Much beer was taken and a great time was had by all.

A wonderful atmosphere and one that should help get Charlton into the blood of a good number of the many youngsters in attendance.  

You've nailed it there Blucher....100% 
  • Imagine if Bowyer had £4m to spend in the last transfer window!
    Imagine if we'd spent £3m on Will Grigg.....

Losing Grant was a blow but others stepped up and goals were scored by other people (Igor, Pratley, Sarr, Pearce, Bauer, Purrington, Bielik, Dijksteel) plus Taylor and Aribo got their mojos back and went on great scoring runs.