Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We’ve only gone and bloody done it again!!!! (2019 Playoff Final).

Comments

• Options
    Who is the lad next to Lyle Taylor? - Is that Bowyer's son?
  • Options
    Would love to see a joint Q+A with Solly and Jackson talking about this season compared to 2011/12
  • Options
    Amazing the amount of vintage Charlton shirts on display, perhaps explaining why we can go from an average gate of 12k to 40k and still people after spares. JUST SELL THE CLUB!!!!
    Just as impressive the number of people who haven't gone up a couple of sizes in 20 years. My play-off final shirt would be sung to say the least.
    My nephew was unable to wear his 98/99 Bowyer 11 shirt as he would have destroyed it raising his first pint to his lips.
  • Options
    Embarrassing stuff. Apparently the free kick wasn't a free kick, the second goal should have been disallowed, Taylor, Pratley and Purrington were all offside for the first, they should have had a pen and Pratley and Bauer should have been sent off. You'd think some of that might have come up anywhere else other than their forum wouldn't you.
  • Options
    Was gutted I couldn't make the final as was on my stag do in classy Benidorm. Watching in a bar in a full Sunderland kit but didn't give two hoots once we won! 

Well done to the team and Phillips for rallying after the unspeakable - that shows unbelievable spirit. What a club.

I need a weeks laydown. COYR.
  • Options
    Was gutted I couldn't make the final as was on my stag do in classy Benidorm. Watching in a bar in a full Sunderland kit but didn't give two hoots once we won! 

Well done to the team and Phillips for rallying after the unspeakable - that shows unbelievable spirit. What a club.

I need a weeks laydown. COYR.
    I know your on your stag do but why were you wearing a full Sunderland kit  B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got back to Grantham about 8.30 starving so asked the other half to stop on way home. Walked into KFC in sleaford to see 2 Addicks ...then the manager comes out shaking my hand...bit twilight zone. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    CatAddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Sad to see people slating Parker on the marks thread. He was a makeweight signing, who would never have been expected to play in the semis, and final, but he played his part when thrown into the deep end.  
    In the final he did nothing wrong, without being brilliant, but won the free kick that lead to the winner. 
    We might not see him in a Charlton shirt again, but if we don’t, ta for giving it your best shot Josh. 
    I thought Parker has been much maligned.  He’s been getting into some great positions and whilst not the most skilled no-one can fault his work rate.  And before anyone says that effort alone is not enough, I’d rather have a mediocre 100%er over a couldn’t give a shit Fosu any day (as I suspect Bowyer does)
    As indeed was Seed’s philosophy. 
  • Options
    Posting without waking up , I don’t want to this is better than a wet dream ..

did that really happen 
    miracle upon miracle 
    the footballing gods played with us today but gave us a happy ending !

i was convinced we’d lose and for the sake of Dillon and Naby being able to ever sleep again for the rest of their lives , we had to win it ...

Hugged Prague as he was bouncing around when the dream happened .

although Myself and son were nigh on  the only ones in the prawn sandwich eating seats when the second half started ! 

Shook Curbs hand afterwards ...

Had and a good sing song with Joe Aribo and friends on the way out of Wembley oooooh we got Joe Aribo .....

we now have a fixture in the calendar to look forward to/hate and not pretend that there’s anything interesting in League One cos we are Championship say we are Championship ...

tears of joy at the end and half hour after it finished and forever .

the look on my sons face was priceless as we bounced in celebration .

i just put him to bed (and the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree) he said ,  “I still can’t believe that , I think we lost “ nuts ! ! 
    I was the fella with the rattle!!
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    hawksmoor said:
    I was in 552 a block away from the Mackems and an old boy in a flat cap and two hearing aids was offering them out for most of the game.
    Haha yes he was a couple rows down from us - what a joker!
    Wilsden is just down the tube line, wasn’t the raider was it?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Not enough talk about our equaliser for me.
    It was excellent, no fluke either, we have scored others like that this season, and on top of the howler earlier it is even more credit to the players still trying to play their football.
    I said last year we didn’t score enough tap ins under Robinson. We started last season scoring wonder goals, which is great, but you won’t keep scoring them all season.

I love how we look to create those type of chances. As well as scoring goals from them other moves have also seen us win a lot of penalties.
  • Options
    WOW. Great great day yesterday.Even when that own goal went in i just felt we were still going to win. Sometimes you just know and i think the difference between this and the 98 play offs and all those we've been in, in between is that the fans and players just knew we would do it and that it was our time. Really hope the takeover goes through now and Lord Bowyer can get stuck into re signing all the players and adding a bit more quality in certain places. Do that and i think we'll finish top half, no probs. If the takeover were to happen this week i'd be quite confident we could sell in excess of 15,000 season tickets - by the end of the week!!!!!    
  • Options
    With Bowyer in charge, it would be a massive mistake to underestimate our chances.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Thought Pratley was excellent today
    He was indeed. Best moment was body checking that pratt who wouldn’t give the ball back and dumping him on his arse. 
    Speaking of, if we have money to spend I would love to sign him up. Best right back in the league this season aside from the bloke at Luton IMO.