Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We’ve only gone and bloody done it again!!!! (2019 Playoff Final).

Comments

• So unlikely they had to say it twice. 
  • Just woken up on Monday, which is thankfully a bank holiday for us as well.

Still can't quite believe it. 

• Seen a few people across forums and twitter say our goals were scrappy (more Mackems than us) 

If that's scrappy then long may our scrappy football continue 
    Can't imagine how they could see that as scrappy. The second one, more than fair enough. But we've done that well this year, we've scored some great goals and we've scored some real scrappy ones. 
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:
    Seen a few people across forums and twitter say our goals were scrappy (more Mackems than us) 

Can't imagine how they could see that as scrappy. The second one, more than fair enough. But we've done that well this year, we've scored some great goals and we've scored some real scrappy ones. 
    They all count the same mate. Goals where a team string 20 passes together are a delight but I celebrate just as mentally when we shank one in off an arsecheek or nutbag as when we spread the ball and pull a side apart. 
  • Just listened to the Charlton Live commentary of the winner. Didn’t think anything would get me like Mark Mansfield crying - but this is even more magic! Totally lost it again.
  • In that clip it is nice only watching Ben Purrington, especially knowing before he does he will score.
    Watch closely, canny play.
  • seth plum said:
    In that clip it is nice only watching Ben Purrington, especially knowing before he does he will score.
    Watch closely, canny play.
    Great movement in front of goal for a Left-Back, did extremely well to hold his run
  • edited May 2019
    Newcastle fans are delirious... Sunderland loses and they get bought in the same day. Maybe we can do them one better and get promoted and sold? 
  • Seen a few people across forums and twitter say our goals were scrappy (more Mackems than us) 

Just got back home and about to settle down to the highlights. This is the first time I've had a chance to see this goal after the actual match.

It's pure class and an excellent team goal. 

Indeed a touch of Man City about that goal, quick interplay and a devastating cross (from say David or Bernardo Silva) met at the far post by Sterling.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    Weirdly, our season was book-ended by mirror images.  First game: lost 2-1 to Sunderland, beaten by a late strike.  Final game: beat the Mackems 2-1, thanks to a goal at the death...

The drama, excitement and delirium mask a game of dire quality.  Sunderland were marginally better: fluid on the flanks, yet lacking any threat near goal.  We were hesitant, stuttering, and devoid of ideas.  The tempo was too slow and both teams sent passes out of play with appalling frequency.  We had just two shots on target - plus the own goal! - while Sunderland managed three.  There were 34 fouls in this ragged, hapless mess of a game.

Half of Wembley was a boiling mass of jubilation - as the Mackems slumped in silent disbelief.  Triumphant music blasted from the P A, rockets were launched, ticker-tape fluttered from the sky.  My pals danced in the aisles but I was stricken: choked, close to tears.

Post-mortems on the Sunderland forum are an entertaining read.  They are convinced that Bielik was fouling a defender as Bauer leapt in the 94th minute.  Yet they admit that their team has been shyte for many weeks.  "Charlie Wyke had a shot?" one of them asks of their 'star striker' in mock surprise.  "To add to the one he had LAST month?"
  • Sunderland fans feel Ross screwed up the last transfer window and is too negative and basically cost them promotion in the second half of the season.
  • Can someone post a link to the Charlton commentary 
  • Sunderland fans feel Ross screwed up the last transfer window and is too negative and basically cost them promotion in the second half of the season.
    I have a bit of a theory about this. If you are having a reasonably successful season in the Scottish Premier League, your "prize" is to play Celtic 4 times. I think the average Scottish managers mentality is "we'll build a Maginot line, defend like buggery, and maybe we'll get lucky and sneak a goal!"

When what Sunderland needed, (let's not forget, they're still getting parachute payments from the Premier League!) is a manager whose attitude is "Screw everyone else! We're going for an unbeaten season and do everybody 4-0!"

Wrong manager = wrong club.
  • Imagine if Bowyer had £4m to spend in the last transfer window!
    He would have bought Grant for £1.5m for a start!

They should have bought Eaves. I wonder if we will try and sign him.
  • My post match views are we were the better team, we wanted it more and in the end we got our rewards. Pure delirium when it went in, must apologise to anyone who was in my block, I am a loud twat with a broken voice and according to the other half my breath stunk of garlic from my subway before the game. 

Can't fault any of the players, all did their bit, substitutions spot on by the lord. Loved the afters, love this club, love the players, love our fans and I am so so glad for whatever reason I was the odd one out in my family and picked Charlton. 

I was only 7 when we won in 1998 and only started supporting Charlton in 2000, so to get to go to wembley and see us win for myself is something I will never forget. 

Championship here we come, keep the same squad and I don't see us going down with a whimper like last time, not with Bowyer in charge