Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We’ve only gone and bloody done it again!!!! (2019 Playoff Final).

1232425262729»

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic day! Looking forward to watching back later.
  • Options
    My brother and nephew were at Wembley yesterday to watch Southampton win. They had a great time.

Playoff finals are great if you win.
  • Options
    edited May 27
    My brother and nephew were at Wembley yesterday to watch Southampton win. They had a great time.

Playoff finals are great if you win.
    Two Addicks who were with us at the Sunderland game come from Southampton and were there yesterday. 

The most lucrative competitive event in World Sport. Worth quarter of a billion to the victor?

• Options
    edited May 28
    Funny that this thread has barely been touched vs the 1998 playoff one. I think the subsequent seasons have really stolen the thunder of this game. 
  • Options
    It was the last game we as a club could actually celebrate. We've had zero to celebrate since then
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Funny that this thread has barely been touched vs the 1998 playoff one. I think the subsequent seasons have really stolen the thunder of this game. 
    Playoff finals aren't a separate cup competition, which once won stay with you forever like our 47 cup win. They've just part of the regular league system of promotion and relegation, and will be tarnished by what happens subsequently.

Carlisle won the 22/23 L2 playoff final on penalties for example. A great day, but I can't imagine they'll be talking about it much, after their awful season in L1.

The exception will be when a team reaches a level they're not accustomed to in recent history, or indeed ever, such as a team reaching the Premier League for the first time or Oxford in the Championship next season.
  • Options
    edited May 28
    CAFCTrev said:
    Playoff finals aren't a separate cup competition, which once won stay with you forever like our 47 cup win. They've just part of the regular league system of promotion and relegation, and will be tarnished by what happens subsequently.

Carlisle won the 22/23 L2 playoff final on penalties for example. A great day, but I can't imagine they'll be talking about it much, after their awful season in L1.

The exception will be when a team reaches a level they're not accustomed to in recent history, or indeed ever, such as a team reaching the Premier League for the first time or Oxford in the Championship next season.
    Yeah, that's was basically what I meant with the subsequent seasons tainting the match.