Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• They need snookers now.
  • They aren’t even trying. This is really odd - I had us down to lose 5 overs ago and then they just stopped playing?!
  • 44 off 6

Archer 10-45-0
  • 44 off 6

Archer 10-45-0
    And Root dropped a regulation catch at slip when Rohit was on 8 off his bowling
  • Bizarre end to the match.

5 wickets in hand and gave up.

India have still never chased more than 290 in a world cup match.
  • Great win that. Well done England. 
  • This is the most enjoyable anti climax of this WC so far. Strange last few overs but well bowled and fielded under pressure. 
    Joe can now sleep tonight.
  • England win by 32 runs.
  • Well deserved win, now let's beat NZ to ensure a semi final place.
  • That’s shocking from the Indians. They just never bothered.

If I was one of their fans paying to watch that then I wouldn’t be best pleased.

• Sponsored links:

• Dhoni was a disgrace to the fans there. It would have been tough but rotating the striker like they needed a run a ball was ridiculous. Then when they couldn't mathematically win he turned down an easy single! Idiot. 

Good performance from all except Root and Wood really. The pitch needed clever slower bowling which apart from Wood was fantastic. Rashid's form is a slight concern. We were playing excellent players of spin but he bowled too many shockers. 
  • Would love to hear Dhoni and Jadhav explain the end to that innings.

71 required from 30 is a tall order but you have to at least try. Surely their fans would rather see them 320 all out than finish on 306/5 knocking singles about.
  • Only 1 Six from India and that was in the last over ? Not sure the relationship between India and Pakistan has been enhanced after today but England won and relief is the overriding feeling.
  • They should scrap net run rate and go purely for gross run rate. May have encouraged the Indians to keep hitting towards the end there.
  • Great performance from England. If I was an India fan I'd be disgusted with Dhoni and Jadhav.
  • Didn't Dhoni do something similar last year in the England India ODI series?

Incidentally who was Vince on for?
  •  No reviews the whole match?

Bit of a ricket from India there
  • Stig said:
    Great performance from England. If I was an India fan I'd be disgusted with Dhoni and Jadhav.
    Looking at twitter that's definitely the general feeling.

'Dhoni' and 'Jadhav' currently trending.

Roy.

Roy spent a lot of time as a spectator so him I am guessing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dozy batting from Morgan again similar to the Aussie dismissal but clever use of the bowlers. A bad then a good day for the Captain.  
  • I've seen Dhoni do this a few times. Only explanation I can think of is protecting the net run rate, but that doesn't make much sense either

Roy.
    It was lucky we batted first as if we fielded first and Roy was off the pitch, surely that would count as an existing injury and he'd have to bat down the order?

Roy.
    It was lucky we batted first as if we fielded first and Roy was off the pitch, surely that would count as an existing injury and he'd have to bat down the order?
    Different injury apparently - elbow this time ;-)
  • That was like watching a team try and park the bus against Man City, go a goal behind and stick with 9 men behind the ball. 

I'd be absolutely raging if I was Indian 
  • So now if we beat NZ we will not only finish 3rd, it also means we'll have India in the semi final back at Edgbaston where we played today.

This is of course assuming Australia beat SA and win the group.
  • So now if we beat NZ we will not only finish 3rd, it also means we'll have India in the semi final back at Edgbaston where we played today.

This is of course assuming Australia beat SA and win the group.
    And Oz v NZ in other.
  • Carter said:
    That was like watching a team try and park the bus against Man City, go a goal behind and stick with 9 men behind the ball. 

But it was even worse than that.  It was like waiting until you're three-nil down against Man City, and then parking the bus. 
  • Carter said:
    That was like watching a team try and park the bus against Man City, go a goal behind and stick with 9 men behind the ball. 

Depends how much you hated Pakistan mate.
  • Carter said:

Depends how much you hated Pakistan mate.
    Pretty sure that was the reason. They hate Pakistan and don't particularly fear England.