Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• India win by 28 in the end, so Bangladesh are eliminated.

Pretty simple from here.

New Zealand are through as long as they don’t lose by a landslide to England.

England are through if they beat New Zealand. They could also lose and still go through if Pakistan fail to beat Bangladesh.

Pakistan must win to have any chance of going through. They will have to hope that England lose to New Zealand or rely on the remote chance that England win by a substantial margin so they can jump above New Zealand on NRR.
    So we just need to have an understanding with NZ :-)
    Both teams go on strike resulting in one point each :)
    A tie. Both teams finish on 150-3!
  • A no result would do nicely. Anyone going early to sabotage the wicket......😉
    George Davis is innocent (one for the oldies).
  • Might be going to Bangladesh Pakistan on Friday now

Where?
    Lords. 
  • I said it a few posts ago, but from England's perspective, tomorrow is a quarter final.
    George Davis is innocent (one for the oldies).
    I played with the son of the bloke who did that at Blackheath CC for years. 
  • I said it a few posts ago, but from England's perspective, tomorrow is a quarter final.
    Feeling moderately confident, probably a good time to play the Kiwis, their batting has slightly gone off the boil
  • One thing that was highlighted yesterday by Morgan is that it is harder to chase on these pitches. 
  • today is the day England .. bat first and WIN .. Pakistan are gonnna beat Bangladesh later in the wkee
  • Sponsored links:

• today is the day England .. bat first and WIN .. Pakistan are gonnna beat Bangladesh later in the wkee
    I’m in a optimistic mood recently but that’s really not guaranteed. Bangladesh are ok and Pakistan are so unpredictable. 

But get the win today and it’s done and dusted. 
  • One thing that was highlighted yesterday by Morgan is that it is harder to chase on these pitches. 
    In the last 15 matches in this tournament only 3 have been won by the chasing side. 2 of those were Pakistan and the other was SA who were only chasing 204.

If you bat first and score 300+ you've got a very very good chance of seeing out the win.
    • Win the toss
    • Bat first
    • Score 450
    • Bowl them out 

Two out of two, so far...
  • Good news winning the toss. Looks a 350+ pitch and no Ferguson for New Zealand. 
  • edited July 2019
    Both teams to score 275+ on sky bet looks a steal to me at 13/8. 
  • Ferguson is a big loss for them. Southee in for his first game of the tournament, Kent's Matt Henry also plays
  • Does anyone else feel this is dragging? I have generally been keeping up to date and watching bits here and there, but blimey its been going on for a month and we are only just finishing the group. Granted there will only be 3 games afterwards, but feels like an anti-climax. I personally feel they should have been playing 2 games a day, the whole format is a bit weird as they all play each other but I know this has been discussed.

Still come on England , get it won today and the Aussies in the final

• Does anyone else feel this is dragging? I have generally been keeping up to date and watching bits here and there, but blimey its been going on for a month and we are only just finishing the group. Granted there will only be 3 games afterwards, but feels like an anti-climax. I personally feel they should have been playing 2 games a day, the whole format is a bit weird as they all play each other but I know this has been discussed.

International cricket every day for over a month... love it!

Bizarre format, certainly, but there are definite benefits.

England screwing up and making this game a must win one has massively helped the tournament, as otherwise the last week would have been completely dead!

England screwing up and making this game a must win one has massively helped the tournament, as otherwise the last week would have been completely dead!
    This is why the Indians rolled over and handed us the match on Sunday, the organisers & Sky had to keep us in at all costs.

• Sponsored links:

• Solid powerplay and decent start.
  • Mistake by Roy. Hits two pies for four and then gets suckered. 
  • Shame Roy was getting into his stride, probably a bit loose after the 2 previous 4's?

I would have been tempted to get Morgan in ahead of Root keep those runs going or maybe a bit too risky

• Is the Edgbaston semi next Tuesday or Thursday? 
  • 194-1 becomes 206-3.

Good century from Bairstow though.
  • England need to be a bit careful here
    1st v 4th is at OT on the 9th.
    2nd v 3rd Edgbaston on the 11th.
    1st v 4th is at OT on the 9th.
    2nd v 3rd Edgbaston on the 11th.
    Thanks. Lucky I didn't take those women semi final centre Court tickets when offered then.
  • snatching possible defeat from the jaws of victory here
  • Need these 2 to stick around for a bit