Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• Shove it India.

Sideways,and back to front too.

• Another moody performance from Dhoni, that shrinking non dive stretch for the run out 
  • Be a lot of tickets going for the final now😀
      Yeah. Stubhub starting @ £2125
  • superb game, unfortunately partly ruined by yesterday's weather  .. dead eye Guptill wins it for the Kiwis .. who'd a thunk it 
    Can't imagine many people agreeing with that.
  • B72 was right !
  • Bookies all over that 
  • My favourite innings of cricket for a long time. 
  • A Kiwi Kent win double within 5 minutes!
    Matt Henry MOTM too
  • Well that was a big surprise for quite a few on here.

Kent beating Surrey

• Another moody performance from Dhoni, that shrinking non dive stretch for the run out 
    Honestly, the way the Indian commentator kept going on about him got on my tits, like it was a forgone conclusion that with him at the wicket they were bound to win.
    Once the run rate got up around 9 an over with 5 overs to go I thought it was a pretty much nailed on NZ victory.
  • Sponsored links:

Honestly, the way the Indian commentator kept going on about him got on my tits, like it was a forgone conclusion that with him at the wicket they were bound to win.
    Once the run rate got up around 9 an over with 5 overs to go I thought it was a pretty much nailed on NZ victory.

When he hit the 6 just before he got out I thought Dhoni was going to do it. 

When he hit the 6 just before he got out I thought Dhoni was going to do it. 
    I didn’t.
  • edited July 2019
    Another moody performance from Dhoni, that shrinking non dive stretch for the run out 
    Agreed, it was laughable.
    Dhoni was great, but he's past his best.
    It happens to all of us.
    The wankfest was ridiculous.
    He scored 50 off 72 balls in 114 mins.
    Gary Ballance ?
    Jadeda scored 77 off 59.
    If Dhoni had been capable of doing the same they would have won.
    I appreciate he felt the need to remain there, but he was still tapping singles or dot balls when the RR was up to 10.
  • Be a lot of tickets going for the final now😀
      Yeah. Stubhub starting @ £2125
    That is already quite a bit cheaper than they were Saturday night when I looked. Once it was clear India wouldn't be playing at Egbaston SF tickets dropped massively from about £750 minimum to £150 yesterday. I expect Final tickets will now fall quite  bit. If we lose as well there could be loads available. 

• The ICC have been cancelling a lot of the tickets on unauthorised resale sites.
    Agreed, it was laughable.
    Dhoni was great, but he's past his best.
    It happens to all of us.
    The wankfest was ridiculous.
    He scored 50 off 72 balls in 114 mins.
    Gary Ballance ?
    Jadeda scored 77 off 59.
    If Dhoni had been capable of doing the same they would have won.
    I appreciate he felt the need to remain there, but he was still tapping singles or dot balls when the RR was up to 10.
    He is still clever enough to score quicker than that , I reckon he is still capable 
    smells just like the England game where he didn’t go for it 
  • Awaits Chizz.
  • Suspicious 

:wink:
  • Dhoni will argue that the partnership between him and Jadeja would have got them over the line,  even if HE wasn't scoring very quickly.

Whether the Indian media accept this is another matter,  though in this case I'm sure they'll find bigger targets to blame first
  • It wasn't Dhoni that lost them the game.  It was the 1, 1, 1 start. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow - just watched the highlights. Wished I'd sat at home all day now.
  • England v New Zealand in the final. 
    Called it.
    Just beat the sandpaper boys 
  • Rain forecast in Brum tomorrow afternoon. Hate it if spread over 2 days. 
  • Chizz said:
    It wasn't Dhoni that lost them the game.  It was the 1, 1, 1 start. 
    Dhoni didn't lose the game.
    But the lavish praise the commentators gave him all match, based on his performance in this match, was OTT and not justified.
  • ha ha you lost.
  • Rain forecast in Brum tomorrow afternoon. Hate it if spread over 2 days. 
    Forecast looks ok to me (hopefully).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650236
  • edited July 2019
    Kohli’s scores in the knockout stage of the last two World Cups:

3 vs Bangladesh,
    1 vs Australia,
    1 vs New Zealand 
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Cricket_World_Cup#Knockout_stage

Looking at the 2015 results, India won 6 out of 6 in the group stages, win their qf before losing badly to Australia in the sf

I knew England were bad, but their 2015 performance was dreadful. Finishing 5th in their group, only ahead of Afghanistan and Scotland!
  • Chizz said:
    It wasn't Dhoni that lost them the game.  It was the 1, 1, 1 start. 
    Dhoni didn't lose the game.
    But the lavish praise the commentators gave him all match, based on his performance in this match, was OTT and not justified.
    if Guptill's throw had missed .. India would have won .. as for Dhoni going too slow ..  Williamson did a similar job for NZ and was praised for it .. most innings that get off to a sticky start need a player to hold up one end while his partner hits out, especially if his side has a long tail .. the criticism of Dhoni is not totally justified
  • Australia batting. On the evidence of the world cup so far, that makes the Aussies firm favourites