Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• First blood to England 😀
  • Great to have a real "home" crowd, rather than one full of Indian or Pakistan fans
  • Laddick01 said:
    Christ he’s actually made him bleed
    It's almost unbelievable that to think not that long ago cricketers never wore helmets. 
    That would have broken his jaw but for the helmet. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Christ he’s actually made him bleed
    It's almost unbelievable that to think not that long ago cricketers never wore helmets. 
    That would have broken his jaw but for the helmet. 
    Helmets have, undoubtedly, saved a lot of serious injuries and, probably, death.  But I think it's also true to say that wearing a helmet makes you more likely to get hit.  Simply because the confidence you get from having a helmet makes you concentrate more on getting into line and enables you to free yourself from worrying about self-protection and to play more balls than otherwise.  Without a helmet, your natural self-preservation instinct kicks in and you do whatever you need to do, to avoid being hit. 

In my personal experience, I have been hit on the helmet many times, but only once - badly - while not wearing a helmet.  That particular trip to hospital, after top-edging a bouncer to the fine-leg boundary, via my eyebrow, wasn't much fun! 

You rarely see a match these days without someone getting hit on the head.  It's far more frequent than it was pre-helmet days. 
  • You have been hit on your helmet many times.
  • Dirty boy
  • England at home in a semi final and there are empty seats all over the ground.

I know its not as big a sport as some but still surprising...... assume it’s down to the process when they were sold  / corporates etc?
  • Chizz said:
    Dirty boy
    No, I think he was saying repeated blows to the head might explain a lot.
  • England at home in a semi final and there are empty seats all over the ground.

I know its not as big a sport as some but still surprising...... assume it’s down to the process when they were sold  / corporates etc?
    Probably corporates strolling in late, going for an early lunch etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Get Adil on ffs!
  • England's second string are bowling some rubbish. Australia's right back in this. 
  • Putting Stokes on was some macho nonsense. Perfect time to get the leggie on 
  • This is going to be a coin flip. 
  • Smudger ball Smith is capable of damage.
    Game on.
  • Carey has been excellent this world cup, indeed probably the best batter/keeper in the tournament
  • Get Adil off ffs!
  • Rudders22 said:
    We just haven't got the bowlers. We are capable of getting a couple of early wickets and that is that. 2nd string bowlers are rubbish. How many no balls have we given away FFS. Must be at least 10-15? Australia are going to cruise to a win today. 
    We’re 25 overs in and you’ve come to that conclusion. Impressive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rashid is being milked but he's no worse than Wood or Plunkett. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    We just haven't got the bowlers. We are capable of getting a couple of early wickets and that is that. 2nd string bowlers are rubbish. How many no balls have we given away FFS. Must be at least 10-15? Australia are going to cruise to a win today. 
    None.
    His figures would suggest otherwise 
  • edited July 2019
    Carey is a great player of spin and his average is in the 70's. Before this innings he never came in to bat higher than 7.

Yes  praise someone and they get out.
  • Vincemeat!
    His figures would suggest otherwise 
    Wicket as i type 😂😂
  • Rashid is bowling crap.

Hopefully that will get him a wicket. 

Take a bow. 

Nice one.

Legend.