Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Even the design of the numbers are great 
    Interesting that names aren't compulsory in the Netherlands

I imagine they are compulsory here, as even the numbers are to the EFL's spec, and change each year
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    That Ajax rendition was great, but it always slightly amuses me when fans of big, successful clubs (and in Dutch terms Ajax are massive) sing songs on the lines of "don't worry about a thing, cos everything's gonna be alright".

It was like when Man U fans adopted "always look on the bright side of life", when as fans they've rarely had to face the failure that most fans face!
    Would be a perfect song for a team that nearly didn't exist due to scumbags.. but got saved pretty much at the last minute. 
  • Options
    That Ajax 3rd kit is a thing of beauty
  • Options
    Sorry for my ignorance but do Ajax fans use "Three Little Birds" in any of their songs / chants?

Dont understand the reference, unless its just something completely random
  • Options
    Sorry for my ignorance but do Ajax fans use "Three Little Birds" in any of their songs / chants?

Yes they sing it. Very good clip of them singing it at Old Trafford in a Champions League game.
  • Options

There's a video a few posts above, they've been singing it for a decade.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Please don't start singing Three Little Birds at The Valley.
    Three Little pigeons ? 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Three Little Robins?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Croydon said:
    Three Little pigeons ? 
    We all agree 
    The pigeon is better than Parker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Croydon said:
    Three Little pigeons ? 
    Can't remember which game it was where we started singing about the pigeon that wouldn't leave the pitch. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/nnnvUnxDpkc

Bob Marley’s son singing with the fans
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Croydon said:
    Better than singing "your sister is your mother"
    Agee that's a shite chant, but pinching Ajax's anthem is the sort of shit we'd rip the piss out of palace for doing. 
  • Options
    Arctic Melting Pole GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Options
    There’s that floppy clock again…
  • Options

They've basically adopted it as a club anthem now.

Apparently it started when police kept their fans in the ground after a pre-season friendly at Cardiff about 10-11 years ago. The stadium DJ played some songs to keep them entertained, and that was one their fans started singing along to, and they've been singing it ever since.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Addickted said:
    Croydon said:
    Agee that's a shite chant, but pinching Ajax's anthem is the sort of shit we'd rip the piss out of palace for doing. 
    Do we have any of our 'own' songs ?  
  • Options
    Goodbye horse probably the only one I can think of not used by someone else 
  • Options
    I wanna see a mock up if a charlton shirt paying homage to our chant celebrating our south London roots …….
    🎵 it’s full of tits, fanny and charlton…🎵

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Goodbye horse probably the only one I can think of not used by someone else 
    Leeds and torquay too, according to Google 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Croydon said:
    Addickted said:
    Croydon said:
    Do we have any of our 'own' songs ?  
    Did we sing along to Mull of Kintyre before or after Forest? Our version scans better than singing about the Trent and "Oh Ciiii-iity Ground" which they drag out way too much to fit in
  • Options
    clive said:

Reading FC has dropped its stadium's name and renamed it after a sponsor.

The Royals' home will no longer be known as the Madejski Stadium, and instead has been rebranded as the Select Car Leasing Stadium for the next ten years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-57860294

I hope they are getting paid lots of money!
  • Options
    clive said:

The Royals' home will no longer be known as the Madejski Stadium, and instead has been rebranded as the Select Car Leasing Stadium for the next ten years.

Fantastic, if one transaction can highlight what a total twattery rebranding/sponsored stadium names is then surely a trip to the famous Select Car Leasing Stadium should do the trick. Nobs
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    clive said:

Fantastic, if one transaction can highlight what a total twattery rebranding/sponsored stadium names is then surely a trip to the famous Select Car Leasing Stadium should do the trick. Nobs

Yeah I pray something like that never happens here. The Valley is The Valley and should never be anything else.

I could see Southall doing something like that as he loves a lease.
  • Options
    Everyone will still call it the Madejski though, the same as everyone still calls Bournemouth’s Vitality Stadium, Dean Court.
  • Options
    the should call it Elm Park or something like that ;)
  • Options
    I believe our new kit sponsors are Kerrang with naming rights for the Kerrang Mosh Pit Valley Arena...