Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

It was reported yesterday that we had agreed a £750k fee with Reading for Jón Dadi Bödvarsson.

Who him?

Icelandic winger/striker, formerly of Wolves, now at Reading.

Has to be an improvement on Tom Elliott. Anything would be an improvement on Tom Elliott.

I think you are confusing me with someone who cares. 😐

Oh, right. It's just that you asked a question so I thought I'd be polite and answer it.

Sorry, tough guy.

You are on a Charlton site and yet use the term ‘We’. Please make it clear that you are talking about a completely different club. It would be the polite thing to do.
  • Options
    Leicester sign Tielemans for £40m, a real coup to keep him as he was really impressive last season and he was the sort of player you'd have thought the likes of Man U or Arsenal could do with
  • Options
    Pontus Jansson signs for Brentford from Leeds. Possibly opens the door for Konsa to leave.
  • Options
    Connor Mahoney signed for Millwall. With the recent additions and the promising youngsters coming through the teams starting to take shape now. A couple more signings would still be nice, and heard through the grapevine there’s more to come. Roll on August! 
  • Options
    Jay Rodriguez leaves West Brom to rejoin Burnley.
  • Options
    Pontus Jansson signs for Brentford from Leeds. Possibly opens the door for Konsa to leave.
    Leeds told him not to come back to training until 12th July, the same day they fly out to Australia. Interesting how only Brentford were in for him and not a Premier League team, considering he has always thought very highly of himself.
  • Options
    Also, regarding Leeds letting go of Malik Wilks permanently, I found out a bit of information today.

Wilks was due to stand trial for assault in June but the case got adjourned to May next year. Bielsa, although rates Wilks’ footballing ability, is very firm on discipline. They were going to give him a chance this season if the case was settled and he came back to ready to go and to work hard, but where it has been moved back, Bielsa and Leeds were not prepared to have that hanging over him with question marks over his discipline and behaviour.

They cut their losses and decided they’d be better off without.

So of course, Barnsley have a talented player, but he is someone who could easily blow hot and cold very often.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Leeds fans are pretty livid over their transfer window thus far. They feel their best players are being sold for less than what they could get if they drove harder bargains. Rumours abound they will sell their leading scorer, Roofe, for just £5M to another Championship club, which is kind of a steal, if you think about it. He had 15 goals in 33 matches last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leeds fans are pretty livid over their transfer window thus far. They feel their best players are being sold for less than what they could get if they drove harder bargains. Rumours abound they will sell their leading scorer, Roofe, for just £5M to another Championship club, which is kind of a steal, if you think about it. He had 15 goals in 33 matches last year.
    Out of curiosity Napa, but do you know any Leeds supporters by any chance? Genuine question mate.

From what I know, and my dad is a Leeds fan, but the majority of Leeds supporters are very happy so far with the business they have done.

The Roofe situation is a bit different as he is now in his final year of his contract, if another club are going to pay decent money and decent wages, he may go. However, we shall see how this one plays out because I can see a lot of the reports coming from his agent.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sage said:
    Out of curiosity Napa, but do you know any Leeds supporters by any chance? Genuine question mate.

I do. Just three or four, so not a cross-section of opinion, admittedly. You probably know way more than I do. I do know quite well the 10-20% owner of Leeds and chat with him every few months and meet him for a glass of wine a couple times a year. Honestly starting to wonder if I should try to convince him to make a run at us.
  • Options
    Sage said:

I do. Just three or four, so not a cross-section of opinion, admittedly. You probably know way more than I do. I do know quite well the 10-20% owner of Leeds and chat with him every few months and meet him for a glass of wine a couple times a year. Honestly starting to wonder if I should try to convince him to make a run at us.
    Fair play to you, being across the pond it’s difficult to gauge what your knowledge extends to on other clubs and matters, without that being any disrespect at all.

If people are interested about other clubs, which I know many won’t be, but it’s interesting times at Leeds with their ownership, Bielsa, their squad, the centenary year, and how Bielsa has said the squad won’t be able to do what they did last season because of how much was demanded from them, so they need new players. Essentially, they over-achieved in Bielsa’s opinion.

49ers Enterprise have a hell of a lot of money. Definitely get on to them, anything is better than the situation we are in now!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Also, regarding Leeds letting go of Malik Wilks permanently, I found out a bit of information today.

Wilks was due to stand trial for assault in June but the case got adjourned to May next year. Bielsa, although rates Wilks’ footballing ability, is very firm on discipline. They were going to give him a chance this season if the case was settled and he came back to ready to go and to work hard, but where it has been moved back, Bielsa and Leeds were not prepared to have that hanging over him with question marks over his discipline and behaviour.

They cut their losses and decided they’d be better off without.

So of course, Barnsley have a talented player, but he is someone who could easily blow hot and cold very often.
    Could understand the decision to let Wilks go if the trial was mid-season but if it's been adjourned to May, it's hardly hanging over him, it's another season away.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

big loss for WBA, big boost for Burnley
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sage said:
    Leeds told him not to come back to training until 12th July, the same day they fly out to Australia. Interesting how only Brentford were in for him and not a Premier League team, considering he has always thought very highly of himself.
    Jansson .. as I typed above, he's got very injury prone and slow .. lack of speed means he commits a lot of fouls .. also loves an argument with opposition and refs .. he's gone from being a big asset to a big liability in a very short space of time
  • Options

big loss for WBA, big boost for Burnley
    I'd agree with the former as in the Championship he's an excellent player, but not so sure about the latter as he's struggled in the PL in recent years
  • Options
    According to the bookies though they are the joint 7th favourites to win the league which are surprising odds imo. Joint with Brentford and better odds than Boro. For that reason I think they're a little bit of a dark horse WE should bé in there, cos we've got Lee Bowyer
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    £26 mil for Mings, £15 mil for Matt Targett games gone mad

Maybe duchatelet is right then!

• Options
    The money in The Premier League is so ridiculous that it skews the price of players who are not good enough for the PL and are moved on to The Championship. Some money being paid for these players is way too much. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Albert Adomah has joined Nottingham Forest, a very good player at this level.
  • Options
    Tom Eaves signs for Hull
  • Options
    Tom Eaves signs for Hull
    Shame but I am honestly not that upset, Lee seems to have chosen Aneke instead of Eaves and I trust his judgment. Both would be great but not a realistic proposition with our owner.
  • Options
    Konsa to Villa for 12m. 
    We get 3m from it. 
  • Options
    Konsa to Villa for 12m. 
    We get 3m from it. 
    Said with such conviction. Are you ITK or just making educated guesses?
  • Options
    We have completed the signing of Connor Mahoney from Bournemouth.

By 'we' I mean Millwall and not Charlton. Definitely not Charlton.
    Decent lad Connor. Sorry to see his career stall and his family embarrassed. Will blank his brother next time I see him. Been told all day at work about this and each time the same conversation..... ‘Why would he go there? His shirts are up at work will absolutely guarantee won’t ever be one of them blue rags up. 

• Options
    Konsa to Villa for 12m. 
    Roland pockets £3m from it. 
    Fixed your post.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Konsa to Villa for 12m. 
    Roland pockets £3m from it. 
    Fixed your post.
    I know you like your figures bud so what exactly are Aston Villa doing?

Jota - undisclosed but rumoured to be well in excess of 12M

Mings - most ridiculously over-priced transfer to date in England yet IMHO. 1 andy carroll is still better than 1.5 Mingers ;)

Matt targett 13M - probably the best value of the 2019 intake and that kind of proves my point. 

Wesley 20M - don't know enough about him to comment but 1 in 3 in the Juliper is hardly ground breaking.

If they go down I imagine resell value would be no more than 10-15% of what they have spent on these players.

#Stop Press# Jamie Heaton signed for 80M and 450k a week. Bargain ;)
  • Options
    Villa going to end up like Fulham at this rate. Spending shed loads of money on players who either can’t be bothered as in Fulham’s case, or just aren’t good enough.

Can see them really struggling to be honest having spent over £100m.

Shows how important recruitment is and having someone with good knowledge of players and contacts. My point is, shows we are lucky to have Gallen. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Villa going to end up like Fulham at this rate. Spending shed loads of money on players who either can’t be bothered as in Fulham’s case, or just aren’t good enough.

Can see them really struggling to be honest having spent over £100m.

Shows how important recruitment is and having someone with good knowledge of players and contacts. My point is, shows we are lucky to have Gallen.
    Totally agree and good comparison. Think Fulham would have done better playing the promotion winning team than players they brought in. Ok Mitrovic is a useful lump on his own up top but very poor on the ball and his shooting is awful. Rondon similar player but ten times better IMHO.

JM Seri - who would have ever thought that his lack of physical skills would be more exposed than in Ligue 1?!!! 30M quid and he is probably off to Roma on a loan with wages still subsidised. 

Seems Norwich are doing it the Burnley way and spending sensibly. Wolves spent more but still bought players at rgood value. Ruben Neves was always going to be worth the price paid and is an appreciating asset, not a wasting one.

Got to be the better model for promoted teams. If you just peeshing cash up the wall, surely its then harder to foster the kind of team spirit needed to stay up?