Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• Was always going to be the way with Villa given they are majority owned by 2 billionaires who both promised significant investment when they bought into the club last year.
  • Sage said:
    Villa going to end up like Fulham at this rate. Spending shed loads of money on players who either can’t be bothered as in Fulham’s case, or just aren’t good enough.

Can see them really struggling to be honest having spent over £100m.

Shows how important recruitment is and having someone with good knowledge of players and contacts. My point is, shows we are lucky to have Gallen.
    Totally agree and good comparison. Think Fulham would have done better playing the promotion winning team than players they brought in. Ok Mitrovic is a useful lump on his own up top but very poor on the ball and his shooting is awful. Rondon similar player but ten times better IMHO.

JM Seri - who would have ever thought that his lack of physical skills would be more exposed than in Ligue 1?!!! 30M quid and he is probably off to Roma on a loan with wages still subsidised. 

Seems Norwich are doing it the Burnley way and spending sensibly. Wolves spent more but still bought players at rgood value. Ruben Neves was always going to be worth the price paid and is an appreciating asset, not a wasting one.

Got to be the better model for promoted teams. If you just peeshing cash up the wall, surely its then harder to foster the kind of team spirit needed to stay up?

Wolves if anything splashed the cash in the Championship, Neves was a ludicrous buy for a Championship club really, but a real statement of intent
  • Sage said:
    Konsa to Villa for 12m. 
    We get 3m from it. 
    Said with such conviction. Are you ITK or just making educated guesses?
    It’s a rumour thread. 
    If I could substantiate it, I would have put it on the Konsa thread. 
  • edited July 2019
    I think Burnley did it the best way and can see Cardiff having a similar season. When you go up just take a few of the best players you played against from the previous season and know, strengthen in weak areas, aim to stay up. If you go down you won't have a bunch of players who are unhappy and will probably be ready to go again, keep the same manager who got you up, then the next time you're up they'll have that experience and then you can invest with a double dose of premier league money. Going up and spending crazy amounts is not worth the risk. 

Pretty similar with us and Curbs as well really 
  • Sage said:
    Villa going to end up like Fulham at this rate. Spending shed loads of money on players who either can’t be bothered as in Fulham’s case, or just aren’t good enough.

Can see them really struggling to be honest having spent over £100m.
    Agree. They spent way beyond the FFP limit last year and if they did not go up they would have been toast this coming year. Even with that, I see them being no better than bottom half this coming season and would not even be surprised if they get relegated.
  • Blinder by Brentford, transfer market dealings we could only dream of but would obviously have ourselves with decent owners.

Brentford have officially sold Konsa for 12 million and obviously signed Pinnock and Jansson for 8 million. I would say that's an upgrade and a tidy profit. Meanwhile Villa have one of the most promising young centre backs in the country for a decent fee. Good move for all parties. Only loser was Charlton as per 
    Dont expect Pinnock to hang around long either, they will make a profit on him too no doubt I suspect

It must be really frustrating for Brentford fans, especially as surely one day their luck will run out and they'll sign enough duds to send them back to League One
  • robroy said:
    Brentford have spent £20 million in the past week. How on earth can we compete, these five years under Roland have put us 10 years behind. 
    That'll probably be swallowed up by the £12m they're getting for Konsa and £2m they got for Bentley who went to Bristol City

Not to mention they're selling Maupay for about £20m to Sheffield United

Those three were signed by Brentford for £3m (Konsa) | Free (Bentley) | £1.6m (Maupay) which would have been money partly made from when they sold Scott Hogan to Aston Villa for about £9m

So its not like they've actually spent £20m rather its money they've accrued from past transfers
  • It’s still 20 million spend on players regardless. Quality players coming in 
  • Sponsored links:

• robroy said:
    It’s still 20 million spend on players regardless. Quality players coming in 
    True but if we had an owner who used the squad properly by selling players at a profit and then buying decent replacements for less then we'd probably be in the same position

Is why I dont think we're 10 years behind

Just need someone with a sensible plan
  • robroy said:
    Brentford have spent £20 million in the past week. How on earth can we compete, these five years under Roland have put us 10 years behind. 
    That'll probably be swallowed up by the £12m they're getting for Konsa and £2m they got for Bentley who went to Bristol City

Not to mention they're selling Maupay for about £20m to Sheffield United

Those three were signed by Brentford for £3m (Konsa) | Free (Bentley) | £1.6m (Maupay) which would have been money partly made from when they sold Scott Hogan to Aston Villa for about £9m

So its not like they've actually spent £20m rather its money they've accrued from past transfers
    They also sold Mepham to Bournemouth in January for around £12m
  • Sheffield Wednesday have signed Moses Odubajo after being released from Brentford
  • Sheffield Wednesday have signed Moses Odubajo after being released from Brentford
    If anyone should be thanking God for a move, surely it should be Moses...
  • You would not be happy as WBA.

They have invested heavily in youth and now have the same amount of players in England youth teams as City and Chelsea.

235k for 10 years? Total bollocks.

What to do? They have to look at the development fee system again.

Personally I think some link has to be made to ALL subsequent progress that youth player makes at the purchasing club subsequently. 

You have to stop European giants being able to abuse what WBA have done.
    Another West brom wonderkid (Morgan Rogers who is 16 years old) has agreed to sign for Man City for an initial 4m that could rise to as much as 8m. Supposedly the best talent in the current England under 17 set up and has already played for West brom's first team.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    You would not be happy as WBA.

They have invested heavily in youth and now have the same amount of players in England youth teams as City and Chelsea.

235k for 10 years? Total bollocks.

What to do? They have to look at the development fee system again.

Personally I think some link has to be made to ALL subsequent progress that youth player makes at the purchasing club subsequently. 

You have to stop European giants being able to abuse what WBA have done.
    Another West brom wonderkid (Morgan Rogers who is 16 years old) has agreed to sign for Man City for an initial 4m that could rise to as much as 8m. Supposedly the best talent in the current England under 17 set up and has already played for West brom's first team.
    Saw him earlier in the season as a 15 year old playing in the FA Cup
  • Last few posts made me wonder how our three ex wonder kids are getting on, anyone know?  Largie Ramazani; Jeremy Sarmiento and Timmy Abraham.  
  • edited July 2019
    Last few posts made me wonder how our three ex wonder kids are getting on, anyone know?  Largie Ramazani; Jeremy Sarmiento and Timmy Abraham.  
    Largie played 15 games (clip below) for Man Utd U23s last season scoring one goal; they've entered the Football League Trophy last season so might play in that next term

Jeremy was part of the England team at the U17 European Championships this May, only played in the last game though due to International Clearance (I think that was the delay)

As for Timmy there doesnt seem to be much about him so guess he's just progressing within the Fulham team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClpcAGVZl_Y
  • Last few posts made me wonder how our three ex wonder kids are getting on, anyone know?  Largie Ramazani; Jeremy Sarmiento and Timmy Abraham.  
    Largie played 15 games (clip below) for Man Utd U23s last season scoring one goal; they've entered the Football League Trophy last season so might play in that next term

Jeremy was part of the England team at the U17 European Championships this May, only played in the last game though due to International Clearance (I think that was the delay)

As for Timmy there doesnt seem to be much about him so guess he's just progressing within the Fulham team

Timmy is only 18, he will be 19 in December, and is part of Fulham’s U23s and will be looking to have a good season with a potential loan move to out later on, if not next season. Good talent who might be closer to our first team right now than Fulham’s.
  • Sage said:
    Last few posts made me wonder how our three ex wonder kids are getting on, anyone know?  Largie Ramazani; Jeremy Sarmiento and Timmy Abraham.  

Timmy is only 18, he will be 19 in December, and is part of Fulham’s U23s and will be looking to have a good season with a potential loan move to out later on, if not next season. Good talent who might be closer to our first team right now than Fulham’s.
    All three probably would have been; Largie lacked end product in front of goal in that clip but clearly has the skill to get past players; Jeremy wouldn't be the first kid at his age to have broken into the First-Team whilst Timmy if he was scoring goals on a regular basis for the U18s would have no doubt been in our U23s, of course had he continued scoring at that level it would have been similar to Lookman's rise

Didnt people on here rate Timmy higher than Tammy @ Chelsea?
  • Toby Sibbock joined Barnsley from the Dons, he impressed at their place last season. Twenty years old and an absolute unit. 
  • Redrobo said:
    The scum have wrapped up the signing of Icelandic international Jon Dadi Bodvarsson from Reading.
    I think you’re getting the hang of this 🙂

I lay all of my thanks at your door ;)
  • Toby Alderweireld going Roma. £25m release clause.

Why aren't Man United throwing cash at him?!!