Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• What the fuck was that
  • What is Declan Rice up to in that video ffs haha
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48998009

Fabian Delph joins Everton for up to £10m. Think that's a decent buy for them
    Heard he was their second choice behind Andros Townsend, but Palace turned down Everton's bid.
  • Addickted said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48998009

Fabian Delph joins Everton for up to £10m. Think that's a decent buy for them
    Heard he was their second choice behind Andros Townsend, but Palace turned down Everton's bid.
    Doubt it. If you were after a winger and were priced out of a move for Townsend you wouldn’t go for Delph. He’s ok and versatile but he’s certainly not capable of playing attacking midfield. 
  • What is Declan Rice up to in that video ffs haha
    I think he needs to go back to playing for Ireland after that effort. 
  • Dan Crowley [Willem II - Birmingham] Undisclosed . could be a very shrewd signing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49030905
  • David Nugent [Derby - Preston] Free
  • Not a completed deal but was beginning to get worried that Palace would be able to keep hold of Zaha this summer

Looks like Wilf has returned from the African Nations Cup taking no time to tell them that he wants to leave!!
  • West Brom have agreed a deal to sign Semi Ajayi from Rotherham
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49043357

Luton sign Croatian keeper Simon Sluga for a club record fee (£1.34m)
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49043357

Luton sign Croatian keeper Simon Sluga for a club record fee (£1.34m)
    I can only think they haven’t actually shown him around Luton yet. 
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49047202

Barnsey sign Conor Chaplin from Coventry. Fee thought to be around £1m
  • Michael Morrison has signed for Reading. Boo.
  • Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale is "very close to leaving" the Spanish club, says boss Zinedine Zidane.

The Wales international, 30, was left out of Real's 3-1 pre-season defeat by Bayern Munich in Houston, USA.

Speaking after the game, Zidane said: "We hope he leaves soon. It would be best for everyone. We are working on his transfer to a new team.

"I have nothing personal against him, but there comes a time where things are done because they must be done."

"I have to make decisions. We have to change," Zidane added. "The exit is the coach's decision, and also of the player, who knows the situation.

"The situation will change, I do not know if in 24 or 48 hours, but it will - and it's a good thing for everyone."

In response to Zidane's comments, Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett told AFP: "Zidane is a disgrace - he shows no respect for a player that has done so much for Real Madrid."

Zidane returned to the Bernabeu in March to become the club's third coach of the season.

At the time, Barnett told BBC Sport that the Frenchman's appointment was "bad news" because he did not want to work with Bale and the two men disagreed on playing style. On Sunday, Barnett told BBC Wales: "We're working on a few things. Gareth is a Real Madrid player but if he does leave it will be his own decision, not Mr Zidane's."

He has scored more than 100 goals for the Spanish side but has reportedly been nicknamed "The Golfer" by his teammates, and goalkeeper Courtois said that Bale did not attend a team meal because he did not want to miss his bed time.

• Aden Flint [Middlesbrough - Cardiff] £4m .. ex Bristol C defender returns to the west
  • edited July 2019
    Bale for Real Madrid:

Played - 231, Goals - 102 ,Assists - 65
  • edited July 2019
    The link below shows all of the completed transfers done so far by Championship clubs if anyone is interested. I have noticed a few errors on there though.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2019/july/summer-2019-transfer-tracker/
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Bale for Real Madrid:

Be a very good signing for someone. Hopefully in England.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Bale for Real Madrid:

Too old for us. Not sure he could cope with the rigours of the Championship either.
  • Sponsored links:

• alicwkd said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bale for Real Madrid:

Be a very good signing for someone. Hopefully in England.
    I think he will end up at Bayern Munich. 
  • Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale is "very close to leaving" the Spanish club, says boss Zinedine Zidane.

The Wales international, 30, was left out of Real's 3-1 pre-season defeat by Bayern Munich in Houston, USA.

Speaking after the game, Zidane said: "We hope he leaves soon. It would be best for everyone. We are working on his transfer to a new team.

"I have nothing personal against him, but there comes a time where things are done because they must be done."

"I have to make decisions. We have to change," Zidane added. "The exit is the coach's decision, and also of the player, who knows the situation.

"The situation will change, I do not know if in 24 or 48 hours, but it will - and it's a good thing for everyone."

In response to Zidane's comments, Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett told AFP: "Zidane is a disgrace - he shows no respect for a player that has done so much for Real Madrid."

Zidane returned to the Bernabeu in March to become the club's third coach of the season.

At the time, Barnett told BBC Sport that the Frenchman's appointment was "bad news" because he did not want to work with Bale and the two men disagreed on playing style. On Sunday, Barnett told BBC Wales: "We're working on a few things. Gareth is a Real Madrid player but if he does leave it will be his own decision, not Mr Zidane's."

He has scored more than 100 goals for the Spanish side but has reportedly been nicknamed "The Golfer" by his teammates, and goalkeeper Courtois said that Bale did not attend a team meal because he did not want to miss his bed time.

This is the ‘non Charlton’ related thread.  Imagine how daft you will look when he signs for us saying how little salary means to him and it is all about learning from LB.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Bale for Real Madrid:

Good stats but hard to judge players when they are in such a strong team anyway.
  • Bale .. reportedly offered £1 Million a WEEK to play for a  Beijing club .. 
    Move suggested here by @Jessie #intheknow
    Jessie said:
    Yes he's coming to China. A banking client of mine (someone who also works in a bank) just posted on social media saying that Jiangsu Suning Football Club has remitted the required transfer fee to Real Madrid.

Now that’s what I call an owner.
  • Anthony Knockaert  .. Brighton to Fulham .. season loan .. bit of a coup for Fulham 
    Great signing.

With him, Mitrovic and Cavaleiro (signed on loan from Wolves) up front, Fulham look a very good bet to go straight back up.
  • I thought we were a good bet to go straight back up when we got relegated from the Premier League and look how that's gone.
  • Anthony Knockaert  .. Brighton to Fulham .. season loan .. bit of a coup for Fulham 
    Great signing.

With him, Mitrovic and Cavaleiro (signed on loan from Wolves) up front, Fulham look a very good bet to go straight back up.
    With the money they spent last season, they should not have come down. In fact I'd have put them on a transfer ban and make em do it with the players they invested in.