Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

James McCarthy (centre back from Wycombe) is undergoing a medical after they accepted a bid from Millwall.

It also looks as though Millwall have secured the loan signing of goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski from Ipswich Town, with Tom Elliott going the other way (on a permanent basis).

Well happy with that. Been a very good pre season for us. 
    Why are you linking the two? 

Or do you mean a good transfer window?

He wasn't. Pre season is the period of time before the season starts. It encompasses part of the transfer window.
    Bollocks.

Pre season is the bit between players coming back to training and the start of the season. The transfer window both starts before and finishes after. Two separate things entirely.
    That has got to be the most pedantic thing I’ve seen lol. It really seems to matter to you as well. Brilliant. Pre-season, transfer window, whatever lol
    No need to get your nickers in a twist, I was only asking if you meant you had a good pre-season or a good transfer window, as your post was ambiguous.
    Well seeing as this is a thread about summer transfer activity I’d hazard a guess at the latter? 
  • IR94 said:
    Herbie Kane has gone back to Doncaster on loan, some signing, I wish we got him
    Where has that been confirmed?
    Sorry mean Hull
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

James McCarthy (centre back from Wycombe) is undergoing a medical after they accepted a bid from Millwall.

It also looks as though Millwall have secured the loan signing of goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski from Ipswich Town, with Tom Elliott going the other way (on a permanent basis).

He wasn't. Pre season is the period of time before the season starts. It encompasses part of the transfer window.
    Bollocks.

Pre season is the bit between players coming back to training and the start of the season. The transfer window both starts before and finishes after. Two separate things entirely.
    That has got to be the most pedantic thing I’ve seen lol. It really seems to matter to you as well. Brilliant. Pre-season, transfer window, whatever lol
    No need to get your nickers in a twist, I was only asking if you meant you had a good pre-season or a good transfer window, as your post was ambiguous.
    Well seeing as this is a thread about summer transfer activity I’d hazard a guess at the latter? 
    Thank you so much for the clarification, but lack of clarity can cause great confusion. You come across as the sort of chap who would sell a train set without making it clear exactly what gauge it was. Thin edge of the wedge if you ask me. 

Please accept my my sincere apologies for having the audacity for simply asking for a one word clarification of what you meant. It must have been very tiresome.

By the way, “we” is Charlton. We have been over this before so please try and keep up.🤓
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49169570

Brighton look likely to sign centre back Adam Webster from Bristol City for £20m

A replacement for Dunk who will go to Leicester to replace Maguire
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

Bollocks.

Thank you so much for the clarification, but lack of clarity can cause great confusion. You come across as the sort of chap who would sell a train set without making it clear exactly what gauge it was. Thin edge of the wedge if you ask me. 

Please accept my my sincere apologies for having the audacity for simply asking for a one word clarification of what you meant. It must have been very tiresome.

By the way, “we” is Charlton. We have been over this before so please try and keep up.🤓
    Keep up? I’ve lost the will to live mate 
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

Bollocks.

Keep up? I’ve lost the will to live mate 
    You have! Try supporting a club with a twat of an owner like we have. 

Do you know any chaps who will pop over to Belgium and put his lights out?

Brighton look likely to sign centre back Adam Webster from Bristol City for £20m

Brighton seem to be massively over spending on players this summer, can see them coming down and struggling big time

20 million, this market is crazy!
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49175412

Villa sign Tom Heaton from Burnley, surprised they let him go but I guess it means that Pope is now the undisputed No 1

Villa sign Tom Heaton from Burnley, surprised they let him go but I guess it means that Pope is now the undisputed No 1
    strengthens the team tremendously … farewell to The Jedi ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49175412

Blimey - Great signing by Villa!!

Bit of a shame for Jed Steer though
  • edited July 2019
    Villa looking to sell Kalinic before the window ends

Didnt they pay a fortune for him in January and he only played a handful of games
  • Wolves have signed Italian striker Patrick Cutrone from AC Milan for £16m on a 4 year deal.

The 21 year old scored 27 goals in 90 appearances for Milan, and has played at every single age group for Italy from U15 to the senior side.

More excellent transfer business for Wolves. 16m is a bargain in todays market.

• Villa looking to sell Kalinic before the window starts.

Didnt they pay a fortune for him in January and he only played a handful of games
    Yep, he had a nightmare debut, conceded 12 goals in 7 league appearances, then had a knee op.
  • Tosin Adarabioyo [Man City - Blackburn] Loan .. good, quick young defender .. spent last season on loan at WBA .. set to make B'Burn debut against us
  • Tosin Adarabioyo [Man City - Blackburn] Loan .. good, quick young defender .. spent last season on loan at WBA .. set to make B'Burn debut against us

Good signing that, big centre back, dominant and good on the ball. Hopefully he takes a couple games to settle :P
  • Wolves have signed Italian striker Patrick Cutrone from AC Milan for £16m on a 4 year deal.

The 21 year old scored 27 goals in 90 appearances for Milan, and has played at every single age group for Italy from U15 to the senior side.

More excellent transfer business for Wolves. 16m is a bargain in todays market.

When you look at some of the other fees flying around, Billing (£15m) or that reputed £20m for a Championship defender (Webster) that potentially looks a great bit of business

Good signing that, big centre back, dominant and good on the ball. Hopefully he takes a couple games to settle :P
    Slightly surprised that he's taken a backward step though, WBA last season, Blackburn this season is the wrong direction really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kasey Palmer rejoining Bristol City, but this time permanently.
  • Addickted said:
    Will see if it happens.
    Dont see why either club would be waiting to announce it.

He is an ex football agent who still has contacts in the game, but cant use his real name for some reason.

And he tweets alot about FPL.

• Sage said:
    Kasey Palmer rejoining Bristol City, but this time permanently.
    I know he had a good season at Huddersfield but had he stayed with us I do suspect he would have played 40+ games with us 3-4 years ago and gone to the PL a little more experienced and grounded and now be playing for the likes of a Leicester/ Bournemouth rather than knocking around the middle of the Championship

I am surprised at that too. Heaton has been excellent for a few seasons. Good luck to Pope.Think Burnley will struggle again this year and might not have enough to stay up. Villa look like they are gonna go for it and invest now and hope to stay up. I think Sheff Utd may battle and surprise a few and stay up. Dont have much hope for Norwich.
  • We are fked
    Thing is; Bowyer, JJ and Gallen will probably keep us up. Just. 
    But what a shithouse way to treat them.
    Theyll do it in spite of not because of RD
  • Valley11 said:
    We are fked
    Pretty much mate what i am feeling.
    We are odds on to go straight back down but we could just scrape enough to stay up. We will get a couple of players in this week i am sure

Good news for Popey.

Now that he’s back in the limelight, I can almost feel Roland salivating in his lair at the prospect of another potential (doubtless meagre) sell-on fee.
  • Valley11 said:
    We are fked
    They are great but not miracle workers.

JFC and Williams may not even stay fit

A midfield featuring Darren Pratley, George Lapslie and Albie Morgan (at the respective stages of their careers) will try hard but not get close to competing at this level. 

• Valley11 said:
    We are fked
    They are great but not miracle workers.

JFC and Williams may not even stay fit

A midfield featuring Darren Pratley, George Lapslie and Albie Morgan (at the respective stages of their careers) will try hard but not get close to competing at this level. 

We will get more midfielders im sure of that. 
    Posts about nothing happing are nonsense.
  • I agree - Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen have done a superb job and I have absolute confidence in their ability to identify quality players.

The difficulty they face is that, 9 times out of 10, the player’s existing club or, indeed, the player himself, will baulk at Duchatelet’s unwillingness to pay the going rate for a Championship club. The result, I would suggest, is that we are progressively working our way down the list of targets, with a consequential dilution in quality.

We will hopefully get a few decent loanees in next week but it’s pretty poor preparation for a ferociously competitive league, especially when we’ve lost our three key midfielders.