Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• Tyler Walker [Nottingham Forest - Lincoln]  Season Long Loan .. another coup for Lincoln .. Walker scored for fun for Mansfield last season .. (I've had a small wager on Lincoln to get promoted, they have a VERY strong team now)
    Surprising one that. He had a very decent season last year and I think he’s have been worth a punt.
  • Hull have bought George Honeyman from Sunderland
  • Wolves have signed Italian striker Patrick Cutrone from AC Milan for £16m on a 4 year deal.

The 21 year old scored 27 goals in 90 appearances for Milan, and has played at every single age group for Italy from U15 to the senior side.

More excellent transfer business for Wolves. 16m is a bargain in todays market.

Next they plan to pay the £57M release clause for Ruben Dias of Benfica, who I think might wind up at least as good as de Ligt.  Mendes is his agent (of course!) Willy Boly and Dias would be the best center-back pair in the PL, in my opinion.

Boly is one of the best CB in the premier? source transfermarket I guess? lol wtf

Sorry for the 2nd attack just laughable

Source is watching several of their matches the last couple seasons. He is the anchor of the defence for a team that won the Championship and then finished 7th last year. But a quick search shows some other people are paying attention...

how is #10 in the world?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportskeeda.com/amp/football/ranking-the-10-best-defenders-in-the-world-top-10-centre-backs-this-season

Or #3 in the PL
    http://www.thehardtackle.com/blogs/2019/05/27/poll-premier-league-centre-back-of-the-season-van-dijk-laporte-boly-keane-maguire-tht-awards/

Or First Team All-Premier League, next to Van Dijk?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/thisisfutbol.com/2019/03/blogs/boly-and-doherty-included-in-sky-pl-team-of-the-season/amp/

So so you may think it’s “laughable” but many others do not.
  • £80m for Maguire is laughable 
  • £80m for Maguire is laughable 
    Agree. He feels like a £45M player. I hope ManU chokes on him.
  • It is but United are desperate and clubs know they are desperate. £80m isn’t that much for united and he’s got plenty of prem experience. He will definitely improve their defence which is very much needed.
  • edited August 2019
    £80m for Maguire is laughable 
    Agree. He feels like a £45M player. I hope ManU chokes on him.
    £77M max I'd say. English factor.
  • Swisdom said:
    Tyler Walker [Nottingham Forest - Lincoln]  Season Long Loan .. another coup for Lincoln .. Walker scored for fun for Mansfield last season .. (I've had a small wager on Lincoln to get promoted, they have a VERY strong team now)
    Surprising one that. He had a very decent season last year and I think he’s have been worth a punt.
    Swisdom said:
    Tyler Walker [Nottingham Forest - Lincoln]  Season Long Loan .. another coup for Lincoln .. Walker scored for fun for Mansfield last season .. (I've had a small wager on Lincoln to get promoted, they have a VERY strong team now)

that occurred to me .. possibly Forest will not lend good players to Championship rivals .. I'll wager that Gallen/Bowyer popped the question
  • It is but United are desperate and clubs know they are desperate. £80m isn’t that much for united and he’s got plenty of prem experience. He will definitely improve their defence which is very much needed.
    Exactly, all the big clubs pay over the odds. 

With the money floating about mid table clubs no longer have to give in to the big clubs. With Mahrez and Drinkwater, Leicester have now sold those for 3 for over 150mil. If Recruitment is right it can be a great success. 

Southampton were doing it brilliantly but have slipped a bit the last couple of years. 
  • £80M for Maguire. Football is disappearing up its own arsehole.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Guardian said:
    " ...although the 26-year-old is set to change clubs for a world-record fee, he is not yet a world-class player"
    Can't argue with that. Important player for Leicester, interesting to see who they replace him with.
  • edited August 2019
    Looked at their largest message board. Here is a sample. It seems 10% are mad Maguire is gone, 30% are philosophical, and 60% think they got the better end of the deal.

• I like Maguire but i don't think there's any doubt Leicester have got a great deal.

I feel like Leicester will go and buy someone for less than half that and not really notice much difference.
  • Moise Kean signs for Everton. Decent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49214067
    Bargain of the summer potentially, especially as Juventus are reporting the fee as even lower:

€27.5million payable over three years.
    €2.5million in add-ons.

Amazed that Juve have let him go without some kind of buy back clause.
  • Juventus have first option but no agreed fee, so just first option at market value.

they view it simply from a balance sheet. Cost nothing, sold for millions.

most important for Kean (and Italy) were he gets plenty of game time.
    hes a real talent and I think Everton have fold their self a star.
  • edited August 2019
  • Summer 2018 - Man Utd pull out of a deal for Harry Maguire because they felt the 70m asking price was too high.

Summer 2019 - Man Utd buy Maguire for 80m.
  • Summer 2018 - Man Utd pull out of a deal for Harry Maguire because they felt the 70m asking price was too high.

Summer 2019 - Man Utd buy Maguire for 80m.
    Apparently Moyes wanted to sign Maguire from Sheffield United for £4m
  • Also just discovered he's not even called Harry................his name is actually Jacob!
  • Sponsored links:

• Also just discovered he's not even called Harry................his name is actually Jacob!
    I always thought it was Jerry.
  • Man U spend £135m on two defenders, crazy
  • Crystal Palace have won the race to sign free agent Gary Cahill.
  • edited August 2019
    Crystal Palace have won the race to sign free agent Gary Cahill.
    £65k a week on a 2 year deal, with an alleged £2m singing on fee. He's 34 in December.

Edit: He played nine games last season.
  • edited August 2019
    Keiffer Moore has joined Wigan from Barnsley. Barnsley seem to sell their best players as well.
    Edit, He went for a reportedly 4m, we would have sold him for less than 2m.
  • edited August 2019
    Been some right good business done by the mid table prem teams and Europe hopefuls.

Everton are doing the business, worth a bet for a champions League spot imo with Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U being uncertainties. Just signed Kean replaced Gueye with Gbamin and are about to sign Sidibe from Monaco. Sidibe and Digne are very impressive as full back duos. 

Other signing worth keeping an eye on is Saint-Maximin for Newcastle. He hasn't got a great record as most wingers do struggle to be consistent but on his day is a proper flair player and will suit premier league football imo. It's also a bit of a result cause I I think Palace were looking to make him Zahas replacement 

Looking forward to the prem next year, a genuine title race, a genuine european football fight and of course the teams  outside the top 6 and the hopefuls will have a tough time staying up.

If I had to predict the table now 

1. City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Spurs
    4. Man U
    5. Arsenal
    6. Everton
    7. Chelsea
    8. Wolves
    9. Leicester
    10. West Ham

After that it's anyone's guess, Sheff United, Norwich and Aston Villa are much better sides than recent promoted sides other than Wolves
  • Addickted said:
    Crystal Palace have won the race to sign free agent Gary Cahill.
    £65k a week on a 2 year deal, with an alleged £2m singing on fee. He's 34 in December.

Edit: He played nine games last season.
    To me that's a decent signing, bombed out of Chelsea last season, but can definitely still do a job in the PL
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48975141

Maupay signs for Brighton. £20m ish
    Decent signing for them considering they were heavily reliant on Murray last couple of seasons.

Brentford brought in around £32-33mil on selling Maupay and Konsa this summer. A similar amount to apparently what Roland was asking for at one stage.

Craziness when you think of things like that. Just like how a club can spend £130mil on two English defenders, with a combined international caps of 20 (all from Maguire).
  • Wouldn't be surprised to see Zaha going to Everton. Seems they are keen enough to deal with an upfront payment for him (off which 25% goes to United).