Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• Couple of potential deals...

Burnley looking to sign Dael Fry from Middlesbrough for £8m so nice of Roland not to spend more on Dijksteel seeing they'll easily be able to afford it

Nottingham Forest on the other hand are in talks with Arsenal over Carl Jenkinson
  • Sage said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48975141

Maupay signs for Brighton. £20m ish
    Decent signing for them considering they were heavily reliant on Murray last couple of seasons.

Brentford brought in around £32-33mil on selling Maupay and Konsa this summer. A similar amount to apparently what Roland was asking for at one stage.

Craziness when you think of things like that. Just like how a club can spend £130mil on two English defenders, with a combined international caps of 20 (all from Maguire).
    Add in the sales of Yennaris and Mepham and they've sold around 50m of players in the past few months.

Also see they bought two 19 year olds yesterday, one from France, the other from Southend. 
  • Manchester United have reached an agreement with Leicester for Harry Maguire
    I remember the long drive back from Chesterfield after the defeat to Sheffield United in the FA cup Quarter Final.
    United, a League 1 club had this young big CB who could run with the ball and was strong as an ox. That Lad will play for England and be a record signing one day.

Ps. I also said on that  drive home that Harriott's career would fade away because he had no football brain.

I'm a seriously good judge of footballers !!
  • Seems Wayne Rooney has arrived back in England ahead of his move to Derby

Dont know if this deal is even more bizarre than the fact that they signed Ashley Cole last January - Would probably say this one though seeing that Cole was Lampard's mate so was helping out

Part of me thinks that Rooney could do it in the Premier League for at least a bottom half club
  • Been some right good business done by the mid table prem teams and Europe hopefuls.

Everton are doing the business, worth a bet for a champions League spot imo with Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U being uncertainties. Just signed Kean replaced Gueye with Gbamin and are about to sign Sidibe from Monaco. Sidibe and Digne are very impressive as full back duos. 

Other signing worth keeping an eye on is Saint-Maximin for Newcastle. He hasn't got a great record as most wingers do struggle to be consistent but on his day is a proper flair player and will suit premier league football imo. It's also a bit of a result cause I I think Palace were looking to make him Zahas replacement 

Looking forward to the prem next year, a genuine title race, a genuine european football fight and of course the teams  outside the top 6 and the hopefuls will have a tough time staying up.

If I had to predict the table now 

1. City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Spurs
    4. Man U
    5. Arsenal
    6. Everton
    7. Chelsea
    8. Wolves
    9. Leicester
    10. West Ham

After that it's anyone's guess, Sheff United, Norwich and Aston Villa are much better sides than recent promoted sides other than Wolves
    Problem with Everton is their manager. Really don’t rate Silva. His defensive and set piece tactics are shocking. Think he’s responsible for the top three teams to concede from corners in a season with Hull, Watford and Everton.

Dont know if this deal is even more bizarre than the fact that they signed Ashley Cole last January - Would probably say this one though seeing that Cole was Lampard's mate so was helping out

Part of me thinks that Rooney could do it in the Premier League for at least a bottom half club
    Rumoured that he will be on 80k a week
  • Lucas Joao who scored for Sheffield Wednesday against Reading on Saturday, is set to complete a move to Reading today or tomorrow.

Fee is between £5M and £7M

How the EFL/FA/whoever have let Derby get away with their owner buying their own ground just to get round FFP i don't know. 

Rooney joining on 80k a week makes it even more farcical.
  • Lucas Joao who scored for Sheffield Wednesday against Reading on Saturday, is set to complete a move to Reading today or tomorrow.

Fee is between £5M and £7M
    If we dont sell Taylor then I reckon we stand a chance to stay up

Bowyer is being sensible in the transfer market, every other club is just wasting money at this level

Seriously Joao is not worth that money, he's basically got an average of five goals a season!!!

How the EFL/FA/whoever have let Derby get away with their owner buying their own ground just to get round FFP i don't know. 

Rooney joining on 80k a week makes it even more farcical.
    Apparently from what I have seen on line, coaches dont count towards FFP, hence why he is going to be player/coach and they can offer him 80k
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley_fc/news/17816527.burnley-couldn-39-t-compete-aston-villa-contract-offer---dyche/

Interesting that Heaton left Burnley to join Villa because they were able to pay him much more. Yes they are a bigger club, but a newly promoted one, you wonder if it will all end in tears, Villa are certainly splashing the cash this season when it comes to transfer fees and wages
  • https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley_fc/news/17816527.burnley-couldn-39-t-compete-aston-villa-contract-offer---dyche/

Interesting that Heaton left Burnley to join Villa because they were able to pay him much more. Yes they are a bigger club, but a newly promoted one, you wonder if it will all end in tears, Villa are certainly splashing the cash this season when it comes to transfer fees and wages
    Over 100 million spent and 10+ players in.
    Shades of Fulham last year. They'll be hoping for a very different outcome.

Villa are majority owned by an Egyptian who is worth 7.5 billion and an American who is worth over 4 billion.

Villa are majority owned by an Egyptian who is worth 7.5 billion and an American who is worth over 4 billion.
    Cant they give us one of their owners... Bit greedy having two billionaires who'll do the right thing for the club
  • Derby confirmed the deal, joins in January.

Interestingly he's been given the number 32 shirt, and Derby's main sponsor is 32Red the online betting company, and it appears that they have signed a new sponsorship package that has been specifically designed to be able to fund this transfer and keep them clear of FFP rules
  • Derby do like swerving the FFP rules.
  • All of these outrageous fees for less than average players is sign of how desperate clubs are now getting. Sheff Wed are now in big financial trouble, clubs are being mismanaged and it is only a matter of time before we will start to see multiple clubs going skint. 
  • Derby sold stadium for £80m.
  • And renting it back at 5p a year.
  • Derby sold stadium for £80m.
    Sheffield Wednesday have done the same thing, however once you have done that and you don't get promotion in which they are betting on then that is when the financial state will begin to hurt clubs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We wont see Rooney at The Valley, he has confirmed the deal wont go through until January.

Delighted to announce I’ll be joining @dcfcofficial as player coach in January 🙂 #WR32 https://t.co/K5nVbhgopy
  • We wont see Rooney at The Valley, he has confirmed the deal wont go through until January.

Delighted to announce I’ll be joining @dcfcofficial as player coach in January 🙂 #WR32 https://t.co/K5nVbhgopy
    Won't play against him at all, return game is 29th December
  • sam3110 said:
    We wont see Rooney at The Valley, he has confirmed the deal wont go through until January.

Won't play against him at all, return game is 29th December
    We'll be able to watch Rooney every week on Sky when he arrives, poor Leeds will be dumped!
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49258601

Jason Puncheon joins a team in Cyprus. I know he's "Palace" but only 33 and could have done a job for us
  • If we can stay in the Championship for a couple of years and build we may have a chance when some of these clubs go pop in the next 2-5 years.  It is totally crazy the money being chucked at very average players and in the next world financial crisis as billionaires and multi millionaires see their wealth shrink they will want to pull the draw bridge up.  

The debt at clubs like Derby, Boro, Fulham, QPR etc must be mental and rising at completely unsustainable levels (much as it did at Bolton).
  • If we can stay in the Championship for a couple of years and build we may have a chance when some of these clubs go pop in the next 2-5 years.  It is totally crazy the money being chucked at very average players and in the next world financial crisis as billionaires and multi millionaires see their wealth shrink they will want to pull the draw bridge up.  

The debt at clubs like Derby, Boro, Fulham, QPR etc must be mental and rising at completely unsustainable levels (much as it did at Bolton).
    Derby made a pre tax profit last year, due to the owner buying the ground for £80M then leasing it back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47789258

What's our debt now, after years of trying to 'break even' and paying interest to RD?
  • edited August 2019
    If we can stay in the Championship for a couple of years and build we may have a chance when some of these clubs go pop in the next 2-5 years.  It is totally crazy the money being chucked at very average players and in the next world financial crisis as billionaires and multi millionaires see their wealth shrink they will want to pull the draw bridge up.  

Derby made a pre tax profit last year, due to the owner buying the ground for £80M then leasing it back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47789258
    Sure, but how rich is their owner?  It is his loss either way- can he keep pumping in that level of cash year on year even if he dreams up ever more reasons to avoid FFPmoutuakilla said:
    If we can stay in the Championship for a couple of years and build we may have a chance when some of these clubs go pop in the next 2-5 years.  It is totally crazy the money being chucked at very average players and in the next world financial crisis as billionaires and multi millionaires see their wealth shrink they will want to pull the draw bridge up.  

What's our debt now, after years of trying to 'break even' and paying interest to RD?
    That is certainly a bIg problem but there is certainly part of me that is glad we are not adding to it at the rate others are.  Of course if some barmy billionaire wanted to chuck £100’s millions at us i would soon get carried away and change my tune!
  • Spurs landed Dybala. £70M. Guessing Erickson on his way out now.

• Spurs landed Dybala. £70M. Guessing Erickson on his way out now.

Could free up a lot of movement in Italy.
    Inter want Lukaku but need to get rid of Icardi, who wants to go to Juventus not Napoli who have bid for him. Juventus needed to offload Dybala first before moving for Icardi. Signing him would then free up a possible move for either Higuain or Mandzukic to Roma who need a replacement for Dzeko if he joins Lukaku at Inter.