Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• Marc Bola [Blackpool - Middlesbrough] Undisclosed .. understudy to George Friend ?

Ivan Guzman [Catalans UE Olot - Birmingham] Free .. Brums go Spanish in midfield, Jota (ex Bees) has gone to Villa

Jordan Hugill [West Ham - QPR] Loan .. already mentioned .. potentially very good signing

Agustin Medina [UE Cornella - Birmingham] Undisclosed .. More Spanish for Brum

International

Ivan Guzman [Birmingham - UE Cornella] Loan .. part of the Medina deal ?

Pep Clotet has some good connections in Spain, expect them to do poorly but surprise people with some unknowns in the English game.
  • James McCarthy (centre back from Wycombe) is undergoing a medical after they accepted a bid from Millwall.

It also looks as though Millwall have secured the loan signing of goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski from Ipswich Town, with Tom Elliott going the other way (on a permanent basis).

Well happy with that. Been a very good pre season for us. 
  • Sage said:

Marc Bola [Blackpool - Middlesbrough] Undisclosed .. understudy to George Friend ?

Ivan Guzman [Catalans UE Olot - Birmingham] Free .. Brums go Spanish in midfield, Jota (ex Bees) has gone to Villa

Jordan Hugill [West Ham - QPR] Loan .. already mentioned .. potentially very good signing

Agustin Medina [UE Cornella - Birmingham] Undisclosed .. More Spanish for Brum

International

Ivan Guzman [Birmingham - UE Cornella] Loan .. part of the Medina deal ?

Pep Clotet has some good connections in Spain, expect them to do poorly but surprise people with some unknowns in the English game.
    Good to see Boro 'Get it on' with the Marc Bola(n) transfer.
  • QPR could be an interesting case this season

They'll either be a bit of a surprise or they've just signed a bunch of names rather than putting in the background work to see if they'd all click and so end up in relegation trouble
    More to good loans to come for QPR... Heard Chelsea and Spurs players on their way
  • James McCarthy (centre back from Wycombe) is undergoing a medical after they accepted a bid from Millwall.

It also looks as though Millwall have secured the loan signing of goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski from Ipswich Town, with Tom Elliott going the other way (on a permanent basis).

Why are you linking the two? 

Or do you mean a good transfer window?
  • Redrobo said:

James McCarthy (centre back from Wycombe) is undergoing a medical after they accepted a bid from Millwall.

He wasn't. Pre season is the period of time before the season starts. It encompasses part of the transfer window.
  • edited July 2019
    Not yet completed but Oxford are signing Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool - Surprised he's not gone to a Championship club, may have done well for us
  • Fred Onyedinma has joined League One outfit Wycombe Wanderers from Millwall, for an undisclosed fee, on a three year contract.
  • Not yet completed but Oxford are signing Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool - Surprised he's not gone to a Championship club, may have done well for us
    Now that’s interesting, especially after a certain conversation the other day... very surprised he’s dropping down to League One when as you say, could do well for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not yet completed but Oxford are signing Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool - Surprised he's not gone to a Championship club, may have done well for us
    Potentially a great signing for Oxford. I guess after he struggled for game time at Sheffield United last season, they decided a L1 move with "guaranteed first team football" would be better for his development
  • Would also say its very much last chance saloon for him - Dont know when his contract is up but if he cant score at Oxford then he wont get a chance at Liverpool

Although I guess the lure of having a Scouser for his Manager must have helped his decision - Can probably understand Robinson through the waffle
  • Would also say its very much last chance saloon for him - Dont know when his contract is up but if he cant score at Oxford then he wont get a chance at Liverpool

Although I guess the lure of having a Scouser for his Manager must have helped his decision - Can probably understand Robinson through the waffle
    Last part made me laugh, but you’re probably right! Should be a very good signing for League One and I do think that Oxford will do well this season. But if he can’t do it at Oxford, he will really struggle going forward. However, I do anticipate him to do well. 

He's only 19!

Realistically most players at big clubs won't make it there, but that's hardly a tragedy as many will go on to successful careers elsewhere

He's only 19!

Realistically most players at big clubs won't make it there, but that's hardly a tragedy as many will go on to successful careers elsewhere
    Agreed but he's very close to having a career like Adam Morgan another who was rated highly at Liverpool unless he can get amongst the goals
  • Redrobo said:

James McCarthy (centre back from Wycombe) is undergoing a medical after they accepted a bid from Millwall.

He wasn't. Pre season is the period of time before the season starts. It encompasses part of the transfer window.
    Bollocks.

Pre season is the bit between players coming back to training and the start of the season. The transfer window both starts before and finishes after. Two separate things entirely.
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

Bollocks.

Pre season is the bit between players coming back to training and the start of the season. The transfer window both starts before and finishes after. Two separate things entirely.
    Are you talking about Charlton pre season or our (Millwall) pre season? If ours then we'll define it's parameters.

I'm totally okay with you determining yours.
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

Bollocks.

Are you talking about Charlton pre season or our (Millwall) pre season? If ours then we'll define it's parameters.

I'm totally okay with you determining yours.
    Absolutely fine. It won’t be the first or last time that Millwall make it up to suit themselves 😉
  • Chris Eagles has joined Oldham  
  • Richard J said:
    Chris Eagles has joined Oldham  
    Thought he looked quite good when he played for us (under Luzon), Oldham though is his 5th club since then! Strange that his career has become so nomadic
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

Bollocks.

That has got to be the most pedantic thing I’ve seen lol. It really seems to matter to you as well. Brilliant. Pre-season, transfer window, whatever lol
  • Jason McCarthy [Wycombe - Millwall] Undisclosed .. swap for Fred O .. young defender

Rafa Mir [Wolves - Nottingham Forest] Loan .. Spain U21 cap .. probably VERY good

Fred Onyedinma [Millwall - Wycombe] Undisclosed .. saw him play one (R Back), thought he looked more than OK

Gavin Whyte [Oxford - Cardiff] Undisclosed .. striker fee was around £2Million .. Cardiff are lining up a £5.5 Million striker from Germany .. diffent planet to CAFC

• Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

Bollocks.

That has got to be the most pedantic thing I’ve seen lol. It really seems to matter to you as well. Brilliant. Pre-season, transfer window, whatever lol
    No need to get your nickers in a twist, I was only asking if you meant you had a good pre-season or a good transfer window, as your post was ambiguous.
  • Not confirmed but apparently Juventus and Man Utd are in talks to swap Lukaku with Dybala

Is it me yet surely Man Utd are getting the better deal - Dybala might be untested in the Premier League but is surely the better player

He's only 19!

Agreed but he's very close to having a career like Adam Morgan another who was rated highly at Liverpool unless he can get amongst the goals

I am not sure why he needs to be scoring to make it, he is a playmaker. More of a creater, from what I have seen he has a good free kick and picks the pockets CAM/ Winger.
  • Herbie Kane has gone back to Doncaster on loan, some signing, I wish we got him
  • IR94 said:
    Herbie Kane has gone back to Doncaster on loan, some signing, I wish we got him
    Where has that been confirmed?

He's only 19!

I am not sure why he needs to be scoring to make it, he is a playmaker. More of a creater, from what I have seen he has a good free kick and picks the pockets CAM/ Winger.
    I thought Woodburn was a Striker...?

He's only 19!

I thought Woodburn was a Striker...?

No Left winger by trade, but could play on the right or CAM(my opinion) Unless you have him confused for someone else? I remember him playing a few times for the national side. Very surprised he cant get a Championship team, always impressed me when I have seen him.
  • IR94 said:
    Herbie Kane has gone back to Doncaster on loan, some signing, I wish we got him
    Looks like he's signing for Hull.