Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League on Amazon Prime

Comments

• Let’s see how the Man City picture is soon 
  • Fine watching through BT. 
  • couldn't get it working at all so fucked it off for masterchef 
  • Amazon firestick via sky broadband 
    Same here 
  • Can’t get it to work on amazon fire stick. 
    No. channel 302 on TiVo box upstairs only on v6. 

Can see the the football menu, just won’t play anything when you choose it.
  • couldn't get it working at all so fucked it off for masterchef 
    W*nky Millwall c**t or w*nky Palace c***s. Tough choice.
  • Superb quality in 4k (watching through a 4k Fire Stick)
  • Can’t get it to work on amazon fire stick. 
    No. channel 302 on TiVo box upstairs only on v6. 

Working fine for me on on Virgin Tivo box,have you registered the Tivo with your Amazon prime account? 
  • Quite a few empty seats at both games, in relatively small stadiums....
  • clive said:
    Can’t get it to work on amazon fire stick. 
    No. channel 205on TiVo box upstairs only on v6. 

Working fine for me on on Virgin Tivo box,have you registered the Tivo with your Amazon prime account? 

When I tried on my tivo box, it said I would have to upgrade to a v6 box, how do you  register the tivo box to your prime account?
  • Sponsored links:

• Any picture issues is your Internet. If its blurry, it's cos your connection isn't good enough 
  • first Amazon goal .. Jesus
  • clive said:
    Can’t get it to work on amazon fire stick. 
    No. channel 205on TiVo box upstairs only on v6. 

When I tried on my tivo box, it said I would have to upgrade to a v6 box, how do you  register the tivo box to your prime account?
    Press home on remote,press apps,press Amazon & follow instructions.
  • Absolutely fine on Apple TV via BT Broadband 
  • Watching through my TV looks like UHD the picture quality is certainly on a par with Sky Sports UHD
  • Being able to turn commentary off and just have the stadium noise...
    Amazon is already better than Sky
  • Just switched on the Stripey Nigels game.

Considering I've got a smart tv with the Prime Video app and a 4k firebox on a 300mb virgin fibre ethernet connection, I can honestly say I've seen better quality streams on Kodi.

And dare I say it, if tonight's is this bad with only two games then god help up tomorrow night.

Big plus the stadium fx audio though.  So much prefer watching a game with no commentary.

If seems to have settled down as I've typed but its like there's something wrong with the frame rate is is being shown in.  It just doesnt flown like it should. One of the more technically astute may understand why but its watchable!
  • No way would I watch a Palace game without commentary, I need something to drown out the Palace singing!
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:
    Just switched on the Stripey Nigels game.

Considering I've got a smart tv with the Prime Video app and a 4k firebox on a 300mb virgin fibre ethernet connection, I can honestly say I've seen better quality streams on Kodi.

And dare I say it, if tonight's is this bad with only two games then god help up tomorrow night.

Big plus the stadium fx audio though.  So much prefer watching a game with no commentary.

If seems to have settled down as I've typed but its like there's something wrong with the frame rate is is being shown in.  It just doesnt flown like it should. One of the more technically astute may understand why but its watchable!
    A ha.  Changed refresh rate of firebox to 50hz and its perfect now!
  • JohnBoyUK said:

The Palace game isn't in UHD while Burnley v City is

Just found the stadium only atmosphere option - what a gem! gets a thumbs up from me!
  • JohnBoyUK said:

The Palace game isn't in UHD while Burnley v City is

Just found the stadium only atmosphere option - what a gem! gets a thumbs up from me!
    Yep I know, should have said only watching 1080p anyway.  Going down to the man cave to watch 2nd half of Man City in 4k and no nagging lol
  • Just switched on the Burnley Man City match. I’ve got super fast broadband and a 4K two week old tv. Picture quality is only ok. Not as good as Sky HD. But watchable. 
  • Just switched on the Burnley Man City match. I’ve got super fast broadband and a 4K two week old tv. Picture quality is only ok. Not as good as Sky HD. But watchable. 
    I thought the same about 4K. Says its UHD but doesn't look any better than HD to me. I've never watched anything in 4K before mind so not sure what I expected.
    I thought the same about 4K. Says its UHD but doesn't look any better than HD to me. I've never watched anything in 4K before mind so not sure what I expected.
    you might have superfast broadband but have you actually speed tested it tonight?

When I watch the Grand Tour on Prime, it can flick between 4k and 1080p depending on your current speed.  At peak times you'll find everyone's speed decreases apart from those of us that pay virgin extra for traffic management where our bandwidth is prioritised over those that dont.  Not sure if its still active but thats what we signed up for a few years ago.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Just switched on the Burnley Man City match. I’ve got super fast broadband and a 4K two week old tv. Picture quality is only ok. Not as good as Sky HD. But watchable. 
    you might have superfast broadband but have you actually speed tested it tonight?

When I watch the Grand Tour on Prime, it can flick between 4k and 1080p depending on your current speed.  At peak times you'll find everyone's speed decreases apart from those of us that pay virgin extra for traffic management where our bandwidth is prioritised over those that dont.  Not sure if its still active but thats what we signed up for a few years ago.
    Not checked my speed. Occasionally have issues when SB junior is downloading gaming stuff (his desktop is Ethernet cabled straight into the router). Picture quality has got a bit better since I started watching but have had a couple of buffering issues. 
  • Watching footie has changed....
  • edited December 2019
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Just switched on the Burnley Man City match. I’ve got super fast broadband and a 4K two week old tv. Picture quality is only ok. Not as good as Sky HD. But watchable. 

Yeah thats a fair point. Should be fast enough as I'm on hyperoptic 150mb fibre and the tv is connected via ethernet but annoying it doesnt say whether its currently in 4K or not.
  • Being a bit of a spod here. Just switched it on on my iPhone app and watching simultaneously on my main tv and my iPhone in the same room. The main tv coverage is a good minute behind the iPhone. Same internet connection. I don’t understand that. Can someone more technically minded explain please?