Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League on Amazon Prime

Comments

• Options
    Being a bit of a spod here. Just switched it on on my iPhone app and watching simultaneously on my main tv and my iPhone in the same room. The main tv coverage is a good minute behind the iPhone. Same internet connection. I don’t understand that. Can someone more technically minded explain please?
    If you've had the TV on from the start it might have buffered a bit since and so will be a bit behind. Try restarting the TV stream.
  • Options
    Being a bit of a spod here. Just switched it on on my iPhone app and watching simultaneously on my main tv and my iPhone in the same room. The main tv coverage is a good minute behind the iPhone. Same internet connection. I don’t understand that. Can someone more technically minded explain please?
    Generally the same thing that happens if watching via Sky Go as well
  • Options
    something something packets received something something lol.  
  • Options
    If you've had the TV on from the start it might have buffered a bit since and so will be a bit behind. Try restarting the TV stream.
    That makes sense. Cheers. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    You got me there mate. Not a clue?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    You got me there mate. Not a clue?
    Me neither lol
  • Options
    clive said:
    Can’t get it to work on amazon fire stick. 
    No. channel 302 on TiVo box upstairs only on v6. 

Can see the the football menu, just won’t play anything when you choose it.
    Working fine for me on on Virgin Tivo box,have you registered the Tivo with your Amazon prime account? 

I've got it working on my V6 box, however it won't work on my Tivo. it saying that I have to upgrade to a V6. Checked on the virgin media forum and this is the case.
  • Options
    Worked perfectly on my PS4, I'm all for it!
  • Options
    clive said:

Working fine for me on on Virgin Tivo box,have you registered the Tivo with your Amazon prime account? 

I've got it working on my V6 box, however it won't work on my Tivo. it saying that I have to upgrade to a V6. Checked on the virgin media forum and this is the case.
    Yes I had this problem last night too, looks like I'll be on the phone to virgin trying to get a v6 box without paying for it.
  • Options
    clive said:

Yes I had this problem last night too, looks like I'll be on the phone to virgin trying to get a v6 box without paying for it.
    I believe they have been upgrading people free of charge. Need to speak to them about getting my bill down anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dunno why you'd bother... IPTV, 60 Quid a year and you have everything 
  • Options
    clive said:

I believe they have been upgrading people free of charge. Need to speak to them about getting my bill down anyway.

Well, I've just been on the phone to them, and been told it is a £99.50 activation fee to have the box upgraded!! Apparently this is per box too, so should equate to 199 as I have two boxes. They said they will waiver one charge as a gesture of good will.

Wankers, I told them to stick it. £100 when I'm already paying them 90 a month...

• Options
    clive said:

Well, I've just been on the phone to them, and been told it is a £99.50 activation fee to have the box upgraded!! Apparently this is per box too, so should equate to 199 as I have two boxes. They said they will waiver one charge as a gesture of good will.

Wankers, I told them to stick it. £100 when I'm already paying them 90 a month...

Give Sky a call mate. They are chucking out deals at the moment (see separate thread somewhere). 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Which one do you use?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    But does it give you same day delivery on a box of 48 rolls of toilet paper?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

It's just not feasible though, constantly goes down and is a nightmare to keep getting in touch with the guy to fix it. Half way during a stream it will freeze and you have to exit and go back on it for it to reload.

Too much of a ballache for me.

• Options
    good value for money .. we'll see if Amazon raises the prices near to BT/Sky levels when it gets a firmer foothold on the sports broadcasting market ..  Amazon is awash with cash and can afford this loss leader for a good while yet
  • Options
    Amazon already spend $7bn a year on content for Prime Video and Music, so Premier League rights is a relatively small amount over a 3 year period. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Was looking forward to watching the Merseyside derby tonight......thought it strange they didnt advertise it on Sky on Sunday afternoon.

I dont have a smart tv & only real way I'd be able to watch it would be on my laptop. Dont fancy that thank you very much......and I'm not buying firesticks or any other 'device' to plug into my 10 year old LG 44" flat screen tv...(if I can....?)

Will just do what my dad used to do when I was a kid in the late 70's & early 80's. Listen to it on radio 5 & watch the highlights on Sportsnight....(sorry, MOTD).
  • Options
    You can watch amazon prime on virgin tv now. Not sure what channel number it is though.

Yep 205, but is it free and or do you have to have Amazon Prime as well?
    I doubt it's free. I'll check later (currently at Queen Victoria hospital in East Grinstead) as I have Virgin tv.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can watch amazon prime on virgin tv now. Not sure what channel number it is though.

I doubt it's free. I'll check later (currently at Queen Victoria hospital in East Grinstead) as I have Virgin tv.
    It is free,if you sign up to a free month trial with Amazon Prime.
  • Options

If you don't have a V6 box, you'll be disappointed just like myself!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Just switched on the Stripey Nigels game.

Considering I've got a smart tv with the Prime Video app and a 4k firebox on a 300mb virgin fibre ethernet connection, I can honestly say I've seen better quality streams on Kodi.

And dare I say it, if tonight's is this bad with only two games then god help up tomorrow night.

Big plus the stadium fx audio though.  So much prefer watching a game with no commentary.

If seems to have settled down as I've typed but its like there's something wrong with the frame rate is is being shown in.  It just doesnt flown like it should. One of the more technically astute may understand why but its watchable!
    I remember when you could just watch a game on BBC1
  • Options
    Didn't realise till today, that there are 15m Amazon Prime customers in the UK, blimey
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Didn't realise till today, that there are 15m Amazon Prime customers in the UK, blimey
    I expect most are like me. Sign up for Amazon to buy something online & get Amazon Prime free for a month (free deliveries). Had an email just the other day saying my free month had come to an end & had been cancelled.

Cant see the point really.  
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Just switched on the Stripey Nigels game.

Considering I've got a smart tv with the Prime Video app and a 4k firebox on a 300mb virgin fibre ethernet connection, I can honestly say I've seen better quality streams on Kodi.

And dare I say it, if tonight's is this bad with only two games then god help up tomorrow night.

Big plus the stadium fx audio though.  So much prefer watching a game with no commentary.

If seems to have settled down as I've typed but its like there's something wrong with the frame rate is is being shown in.  It just doesnt flown like it should. One of the more technically astute may understand why but its watchable!
    I remember when you could just watch a game on BBC1
    once a year .. cup final ?
  • Options
    Nice to see Jim Rosenthal on screen again. 
  • Options
    What game is everyone watching tonight
  • Options
    The coverage is superb, very easy to navigate and watch too...picture quality spot on 
  • Options
    How do you turn off the commentary?