Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Ascot 2019

124»

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell that was close. Frankie finishes 2nd.
  • Options
    That's really unlucky Paddy - it hit 1.36 in running
  • Options
    Questionaire touched 4.0 at the same time. Now out sharply to 7.0.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Bloody hell that was close. Frankie finishes 2nd.

Image result for relief gif
    And breathe. 
  • Options
    Questionaire touched 4.0 at the same time. Now out sharply to 7.0.

The bookies can't let it go out too far because the liabilities will still be huge if it goes in. 
  • Options

Going on my own tips today, yesterdays tips was a small loss.

Todays bets, all my own - no tips influenced. Don't follow if you want to make money....

14:30 - Gladriel @ 12/1 EW

15:05 + 15:40 Double on Japan + Ten Sovereigns

Advertise + Hermosa Double (15:40 + 16:40)

15:40 Advertise Single 13/2

EW lucky 15

Jack Yeats33/1

Konchek 66/1

Invitational 9/1

Byron Flyer 25/1

Good luck all

• Options
    Has Admin deleted that chap's winning betting slip that was cashed out for £44K with Bet 365? Was it real or fake?
  • Options
    Yesterday was heavy. Truly an example of how the other half live - I didn't pay for anything except beers in the racecourse. Met three *literal* LORDS, Georgia Toffolo (Made In Chelsea), and a couple of others well above my pay grade. Also Phil Brown who is a lovely chap and current manager of Pune City.

Went to somewhere called the Tramp afterward which was properly posh. Everyone called me "sir" which was weird. Great drinks though and a great freebie.

The Frankie bet rode and I wonder what would have happened to my cash out if Turgenev won... Oh well. Coming back with a couple of quid, can't complain. Nuts day. 
  • Options
    Has Admin deleted that chap's winning betting slip that was cashed out for £44K with Bet 365? Was it real or fake?
    I believe it was real but he’s set his twitter account to private so the tweets will no longer show on here. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe it was real but he’s set his twitter account to private so the tweets will no longer show on here. 
    Thanks. The reason I questioned its validity was the fact that Bet 365 were offering almost 10 times the amount running on to the last two selections. And the slip wasn't worth a bean as things stood.

Yes both horses had been dramatically cut from their morning prices but that was a reflection of liabilities not the actual chance of those selections coming in. There again I would have said the same 23 years ago and look what happened then. But then bookmakers were bookmakers then and stood bets and backed their own judgement.
  • Options
    Thanks. The reason I questioned its validity was the fact that Bet 365 were offering almost 10 times the amount running on to the last two selections. And the slip wasn't worth a bean as things stood.

Yes both horses had been dramatically cut from their morning prices but that was a reflection of liabilities not the actual chance of those selections coming in. There again I would have said the same 23 years ago and look what happened then. But then bookmakers were bookmakers then and stood bets and backed their own judgement.

• Options
    I believe it was real but he’s set his twitter account to private so his wife didn't see it. 

• Options
    There is, for some reason, a photo of me with a bloke called George doing the rounds - I'm in the midst of swigging champagne straight from the bottle. Do a quick Google this morning and turns out he's the heir to Blenheim fucking Palace. 

Rah. But in fairness, everyone was really down to earth. I suppose that's what separates proper aristocracy and money from the nouveau riche and pretenders to wealth.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    There is, for some reason, a photo of me with a bloke called George doing the rounds - I'm in the midst of swigging champagne straight from the bottle. Do a quick Google this morning and turns out he's the heir to Blenheim fucking Palace. 

Rah. But in fairness, everyone was really down to earth. I suppose that's what separates proper aristocracy and money from the nouveau riche and pretenders to wealth.
    Although I come from an extremely wealthy background, I wouldn't object to having to put up with the likes of you for an hour or so.
    I even ventured into the North Stand once. 
    A horrid experience, but you just keep a stiff upper lip and soldier on.
    That's all one can do in situations like that.
  • Options
    And my fancy for today, Fugaira Prince in the last.
  • Options
    First race JM Jackson. Fell out the stalls at Sandown over 5f, finished well and now running over 6f. Worth and each way bet at 12/1.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    First race JM Jackson. Fell out the stalls at Sandown over 5f, finished well and now running over 6f. Worth and each way bet at 12/1.
    Oh well what do I know, think it might have been last.

Used my luck on Afaak earlier i the week!!!
  • Options
    Had a ton on Japan, my first winner.  Someone else had 200k !
  • Options
    had winner Advertise earlier , did have in a double with Harmosa who came 2nd , although I had the winner in that in another double 20/1 with Layaleena - currently cashout £99 from £10 stake, return £1450 EW shout will let it rain. Got a few in the next couple races would be nice to get a big longshot double :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Japan and Advertise done the business today. Lady Madison in the next and Baghdad in the last, fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Turn Hermosa into glue please (Im joking)

Biggest bet of the meet so far
  • Options
    Had a tenner on thanks be !!
  • Options
    What this meeting has done is show a good jockey from an average one.
    In fields like this, knowledge has proven invaluable.