Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Things that Amuse You

12345679»

Comments

  • Solidgone
    Solidgone Posts: 10,529
    edited September 15
    IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    Just watching Simple Minds on BBC2. Didn't realise how much Jim Kerr looks like Bob Mortimer.
    I loved Simple Minds in the 80's & saw them a few times.
    But their music feels a bit dated these days and Kerr's voice isn't as good.
    I still watched it though.
    We saw them last summer at Lincoln Castle and I thought he sounded very strong. Perhaps he was late in a tour and showing signs of voice fatigue for the BBC thing. Mrs Idle likes them more than I do, but seeing as she also dragged me to a Capaldi concert (f***ing awful) I'll take SM any day.

    You’ve forgotten the ampersand 🤓
  • IdleHans
    IdleHans Posts: 11,789
    Solidgone said:
    IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    Just watching Simple Minds on BBC2. Didn't realise how much Jim Kerr looks like Bob Mortimer.
    I loved Simple Minds in the 80's & saw them a few times.
    But their music feels a bit dated these days and Kerr's voice isn't as good.
    I still watched it though.
    We saw them last summer at Lincoln Castle and I thought he sounded very strong. Perhaps he was late in a tour and showing signs of voice fatigue for the BBC thing. Mrs Idle likes them more than I do, but seeing as she also dragged me to a Capaldi concert (f***ing awful) I'll take SM any day.

    You’ve forgotten the ampersand 🤓
    I wondered who would point that out. I expected Mehmet, obvs 
  • Stig
    Stig Posts: 30,138
    The venom with which Roy Keane can say the word 'Cheatin' in relation to Man City.
  • CharltonKerry
    CharltonKerry Posts: 3,117
    Must admit I didn’t know where to post this, it could go under things that annoy you / make you feel old etc etc.. But I choose this as it made me laugh 

    50 years ago today at around 10pm I proposed (yes I was drunk). Thought I would remind the wife (who  accused me of being unromantic which is true) of the momentous occasion, she didn’t remember it 😀. Who says romance is dead.