Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The false hope of Wembley

Comments

• Options
    Dr Kish reckons we are signing 4 or 5 this week.
    That might be a bit of a disappointment to some. 
    Doesn't really matter, does it?????

The window closes in early August, so even if we don't bring in 4-5, there's STILL PLENTY OF TIME!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Last season we were League One, now we are Championship.  We need better players, there is always a clear out of the weaker players by ambitious clubs and that is all that is happening here.  Chin up

(although i am distressed about Hackett Fairchild going tbh)
  • Options

The window closes in early August, so even if we don't bring in 4-5, there's STILL PLENTY OF TIME!
    Exactly, I'm agreeing with you.
    This is a weird thread. 
  • Options
    The positive is we are now doing this from the championship. We got up, offered deals but still couldn’t compete against the wages others offered. Think how much worse it would of been in league 1. In Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen I believe they can still create a team that we can be proud of
  • Options

This is a weird thread. 
    Sorry, mate, took it the wrong way.

Some people need to get a life...
  • Options
    I reckon we will probably be a bit of a dogfight but we will stay up. About 18th, 19th. First season. The medium to long term will be to be a fully established in the Champ. Then we can aim higher.
  • Options
    I reckon we will probably be a bit of a dogfight but we will stay up. About 18th, 19th. First season. The medium to long term will be to be a fully established in the Champ. Then we can aim higher.
    Not under the current owner. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019

This is a weird thread. 
    Sorry, mate, took it the wrong way.

Some people need to get a life...
    Go find a room, you two. 😉 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019

Just remember who (still) owns us.
    That's the only thing that matters. All these discussions are just filling time while we wait to discover our fate. If we get new owners we've got a great chance. If we don't then we'll need a(nother) miracle.
  • Options
    My feelings entirely Oggy. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the upbeat comments and positives from the usual suspects. 

Just remember who (still) owns us.
    Weegie, I remember feeling like this the summer that Powell was apponited before we got 11 new players! Keep the faith, in Bowyer, JJ and Gallen we trust! RD is sh*t but we will prevail: we are Chartlton.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Let's be honest here.
    Duchatelet will only leave if.

A) Someone pays him 10 times as more than the current value.

B ) He dies.
  • Options
    Very sorry about your granddaughter @East_Stand_Loopy. Sadly there is a lot of tragedy around in the world. 

• Options
    Yep @East_Stand_Loopy there is too much of it about. 
    My thoughts are with you & your family x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Anybody who thought a win Wembley would solve our problems was very naive. It was also clear after we won anything but relegation this season would be a huge achievement. However I have enormous faith in Bowyer Gallen and co so do have  optimism. Let's be realistic but COYA 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Where did I (or anyone else) say it would solve all our problems? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Not under the current owner. 

Maybe not kicking on if the old fart is still there. But in relation to next season. I reckon with the Valley and Bow and co.. I feel we will comout ok in the end even though I feel a relegation battle is likely.
  • Options
    Just enjoy the ride and support Charlton.
  • Options
    Just enjoy the ride and support Charlton.
    Or continue to boycott while Duchatelet remains as the owner. Each to their own. 
  • Options
    Let's be honest here.
    Duchatelet will only leave if.

A) Someone pays him 10 times as more than the current value.

B ) He dies.
    Or both as he is shocked someone actually is willing to pay his valuation
  • Options
    We're in a much better position now than we were this time last season and that worked out ok.

As others have said, it's better to be in the championship than in league one. Looking forward to games against Millwall, Leeds, Fulham, Forest, West brom, Derby etc instead of Lincoln, Tranmere, Accrington and Fleetwood.

Bowyer and Gallen know what they're doing and although it'd be great to have all our signings wrapped up early i won't panic too much. Especially as we'll sign at least 4 players on loan from premier league clubs who will probably all arrive late in pre season once their clubs have assessed them in pre season. 
  • Options
    Who cares . At least I got this lovely picture out of the day 😄
    Where can I get one of these please. Please pm me thanks 
  • Options

This is a weird pointless thread.