Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The false hope of Wembley

Comments

• Options
    What happened to this thread overnight? Seems to have gotten a bit aggressive, some folk should avoid drinking and Charlton Life’ing! 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the upbeat comments and positives from the usual suspects. 

Just remember who (still) owns us.
    As much as I want him to go we’ve always made several signings each summer he’s owned the club.

Every year some predict he’ll stop us signing players and the manager will be forced to play the youth team. It’s not happened yet and Bowyer’s talking about 4/5 coming in over the next few weeks with more after that. Bowyer wouldn’t get hopes up like that  unless it was realistic.
  • Options
    Just a little reminder of what we are needing to replace. At a higher level, that replacement needs to be an improvement on what has left 

• Options
    Wow, when you look at it like it just goes to show how many players have gone, SIXTEEN!!

But at least 8-9 of them are no loss at all and easily replaced.

However it's highly likely that with no Bielik, Cullen or Aribo we will have a worse midfield in the championship than we did in league one. 

But let's see what Bowyer and Gallen do, i'm sure they'll produce some more magic.
  • Options
    Just a little reminder of what we are needing to replace. At a higher level, that replacement needs to be an improvement on what has left 

So not much really 
  • Options
    Who cares . At least I got this lovely picture out of the day 😄
    Where can I get one of these please. Please pm me thanks 
    https://www.dgriffin.net/apps/search?q=Bauer
  • Options

So we currently have 3 players with an average rating of 7/10 in League One, ahead of a season in the Championship that’s a concern. 
  • Options

This one of those posts where you want to show some appreciation for the poster, but 'like' is inappropriate.
  • Options

Same would love one of these
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taylor, Dijksteel, Pearce, Lapslie, Morgan, Fosu, Reeves, Pratley.

Chin up, Weegie!
    Reeves released. 
    Taylor, Dijksteel, Pearce, Pratley all linked with moves away.
    Fosu not really wanted.
    I'll give you George and Albie. A lot on their shoulders. 

I keep telling you Dijksteel is happy here,not going anywhere. Infact could be x2.

As for the false hope of Wembley do me a favour its Roland in charge ..you should know what heres been like for the last 5years plus.

Keep you chin up Weegie.

• Options
    jamescafc said:

Same would love one of these
    See Ricky Otto’s post above. But be quick admin may remove it!
  • Options
    Was chatting to a colleague before the game at Wembley and said something to the effect that I was going to enjoy the day whatever the outcome was.  Up or down, we had about 15 players who would be leaving us so the following year would be crap.  I was desperate for promotion as falling back to L1 is one thing whereas falling into L2 i would genuinely fear for the future of our club.

in the end the day surpassed my wildest dreams and will be a memory forever and one I got to share with 3 generations of my family and a couple of other ling suffering Addicks in our small group.

if RD fails to sell at maximum value now then, really what are the chances of him ever managing to if he keeps cutting costs and we go down. He is a complete imbecile and his new nickname ‘the helmet’ is just so appropriate.
  • Options
    Will reserve judgement until start of season - depends on the state of the squad.
  • Options
    When we scored that goal I was elated not just because it meant we were promoted but because I thought it gave us a chance to "keep the band together".

Now it is in pieces. We still have Bow, JJ and Gallen. Plus  Dillon, Solly, and Naby. Then the crocks, Page and JFC. Seems that could be just about it.

Head in hands time.
    I’m with you on this one. I’m so wanting Duchatelet to sell so that I can start enjoying my football on Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays/Mondays again
  • Options
    Where’s this from? 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Where’s this from? 
    https://www.dgriffin.net/apps/search?q=Bauer
  • Options
    See ricky_otto post above.
  • Options
    There was no 'false hope' on my part. I was just elated that we got out of L1. I knew it would be a hard row to hoe in the Championship.
    I intend to enjoy the superior Championship standard of football in 2019/20 and I am convinced that we will stay up. Anywhere outside of the bottom three will do for me.. Come on Youse Addicksaaaaaa !! ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was no 'false hope' on my part. I was just elated that we got out of L1. I knew it would be a hard row to hoe in the Championship.
    I intend to enjoy the superior Championship standard of football in 2019/20 and I am convinced that we will stay up. Anywhere outside of the bottom three will do for me.. Come on Youse Addicksaaaaaa !! ((:>)
    "hard row to hoe" is new on me. Must be a Lincolnshire cabbage farmer's saying.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    your lack of knowledge of common English idiom is worrying 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Bullshit, hardly common. Name a well read novel the saying has appeared in. I read 2-3 books a week and have never come across it although I get the meaning.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Bullshit, hardly common. Name a well read novel the saying has appeared in. I read 2-3 books a week and have never come across it although I get the meaning.
    you should expand your reading from Noddy & Big Ears to grown up books with lots of words of more than five letters
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    you should expand your reading from Noddy & Big Ears to grown up books with lots of words of more than five letters
    Sorry I missed the bit where you named a book the quote appeared in. Bullshit has more than five letters.
  • Options
    I would like to point out, that according to the above, it's an AMERICAN expression...
  • Options
    Wembley papered over the cracks widening more by the day.

The exodus has not surprised me.