Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Options
    He has been trained to dive from palace cheating bastards they all do it at palace 
    I wish he'd do it in the penalty box though, his falls tend to be well away from the box...
  • Options
    He has been trained to dive from palace cheating bastards they all do it at palace 
    I wish he'd do it in the penalty box though, his falls tend to be well away from the box...
    He did it in that away game against Peterborough in the first half last season

Dont think Bowyer was too impressed with it
  • Options
    Gillis said:
    I think we always look a better team with Williams in the side. I'm pretty sure he'd get into any team in League One, and I doubt we'll have many players you could say that about next season.
    He's also played a senior league game, which may well not be the case for a good chunk of our squad in the coming season. We need to hang onto all the senior pros we can at the moment.
    Trying to separate out the nonsense of our transfer embargo at the moment, the key thing is the budget we have for next season, and whether he's worth the wages.

Obviously he's better than playing our kids, but that's not an especially high bar.
  • Options
    Fairly certain I read/heard somewhere that Millwall are interested in him, think it was in the Evening Standard. No idea if there's any legs to that though.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Fairly certain I read/heard somewhere that Millwall are interested in him, think it was in the Evening Standard. No idea if there's any legs to that though.
    Only place I've seen that interest was some virgin with their own "transfer hub" twitter account

They claimed that Millwall were going to put in a £1m bid

Seeing that there is no confirmation of his extension being taken up by either Charlton or Williams, then at present how can there be a transfer fee?
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Only place I've seen that interest was some virgin with their own "transfer hub" twitter account

They claimed that Millwall were going to put in a £1m bid

Seeing that there is no confirmation of his extension being taken up by either Charlton or Williams, then at present how can there be a transfer fee?
    That might've been it, can't for the life of me find where I saw it again.

If that's the same twitter account that predicted we were being taken over by some Chinese consortium and bringing in Howe as manager, they also expressed their desire for us to go bust, which was nice of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Once him and the other injured players get back we will rise back up the table no doubt and relegation will be an afterthought for all the bed wetters 
    Unfortunately that didn’t work out as well as you’d hoped. 🙁
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Once him and the other injured players get back we will rise back up the table no doubt and relegation will be an afterthought for all the bed wetters 
    Unfortunately that didn’t work out as well as you’d hoped. 🙁
    Unfortunately I was taking the piss out of the rose tinted 
    I was considered a bedwetter ☹️
  • Options
    He did it in that away game against Peterborough in the first half last season

Dont think Bowyer was too impressed with it
    Is he'd done it against Birmingham, won a penalty and we went on to win 2-1, I doubt Bowyer would have minded
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Hearing that he's taken up his one year option with us.
  • Options
    To quote another wise man that is "unbelievable Jeff" 
  • Options
    Genuinely shocked. Love that!
  • Options
    Finally some good news
  • Options
    Just WTF is going on at our club ... I’m lost for words with this re-signing. Pleased, but lost for words. Just hope our ownership is sorted otherwise he’ll be play in an empty stadium 
  • Options
    Surprised by the news, hopefully next season he actually gets some goals and assists to his name rather than being the guy fouled for the set pieces we score from or being the guy that passed to the assister
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like JFC, of course he's going to take up the option in the current environment...literally no downside 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Slightly surprised but at the same time not overly surprised!!

Said the other day his injuries get managed well here, we're also quite close for home and feels loved here

Whats not to like for Jonny

I do wonder if we'll try to sell him though - Its Williams that has taken up the option as we gave him this choice and our new owners may well not like the fact as may have preferred to have him off our wage bill
  • Options
    Cracking news, best player in our squad next season without a doubt. 
  • Options
    Well chuffed with him staying for another season 
  • Options
    Wow, really did not expect that at all. Fantastic to hear, and is seriously confusing because it seems we're making a go of building a team for next year, whilst being a total shambles off field.
  • Options
    he should be the best player in that division 
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Just WTF is going on at our club ... I’m lost for words with this re-signing. Pleased, but lost for words. Just hope our ownership is sorted otherwise he’ll be play in an empty stadium 
    I’ve always loved that elliot guy 😬😬😬😬