Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Options
    Good to keep him. Hopefully he stays fit.

It really does sound like Bowyer is staying. He Gallen and JJ appear to be building.

Wtf is going on?
  • Options
    Never saw that one coming. 
  • Options
    Just praying that if anything happening now (assuming this is Bowyer staying) that it isn't just on promises made to him at this meeting with Elliot.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    My favourite player.  The best news apart from the effort Bowyer's put in.  Of all the squad he is the one that for me clearly is a stand out player in L1.  He's involved in loads of goals, maybe not direct assists but often wins the ball back.  If only we can get the right backing for Gallen and Bowyer, purlease......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know this is going to sound weird...
    But I follow joniesta on Instagram and have noticed he has a new partner who he seems to be getting along well with. Maybe this had a big part to play? If so... Thank you to that Girl. 

Very happy with this Jonny is a very very very good league 1 player. 
  • Options
    Chuffed! Nice one Jonny!
  • Options
    Surprising, but I’m not sure it shows that there’s any improved underlying stability at the club. The wording of the tweet was that he had essentially taken up the right to trigger a one year extension, rather than having been offered a deal and the terms being half decent. 
  • Options
    As much as I would like to say that Jonny is staying because he loves the club, I have a feeling that with all the COVID era uncertainty at clubs, that the more likely answer is he didn’t have any other contract offers
    Whilst ultimately you're probably right, surely he would have waited a few weeks before deciding, so he could see what else was out there? New season is still 5 weeks away.
  • Options
    As much as I would like to say that Jonny is staying because he loves the club, I have a feeling that with all the COVID era uncertainty at clubs, that the more likely answer is he didn’t have any other contract offers
    Whilst ultimately you're probably right, surely he would have waited a few weeks before deciding, so he could see what else was out there? New season is still 5 weeks away.
    Its not a good sign for players when you've got the likes of Taylor still without clubs though

If a club hasnt snapped up the likes of Taylor, do people like Jonny wonder if they'll have even less interest

Wouldnt be surprised if Williams has spoken to Taylor to gauge club interest to see what teams are doing
  • Options
    I like Williams and if he stays fit he’ll be one of the best players in League One but he didn’t blow me away last season, he won a lot of fouls and was one of our better players towards the start of the season, but ultimately 0 goals and a small handful of assists in an entire season is poor for an attacking midfielder.

What Championship clubs would offer him a contract?
  • Options
    —Pratley—
    Morgan JFC
    —Williams—

Not a bad midfield for League 1 level.
  • Options
    We live in strange and confusing times, both here and in the wider world of football

Yes I may have sounded a bit negative about him on this thread, but I am genuinely happy that he's staying. I do wonder if his relative poor "stats" in terms of goals, direct assists and minutes on the pitch mean that alternative offers where he would be happy are thin on the ground. His experience at Sunderland will definitely have affected his priorities
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But I follow joniesta on Instagram and have noticed he has a new partner who he seems to be getting along well with. Maybe this had a big part to play? If so... Thank you to that Girl. 

Pixie Lott, Cheryl Baker or Sue Perkins?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Way Bowyer talks makes it sound like he's sticking around too
    I’m not reading into it too much. He’s talking as if everything at the club is brilliant, and we all know it’s not, and he’s knows it’s not.

Bowyer is likely sticking around simply because he doesn’t want to resign mid-contract (effectively what Taylor and Solly did), and there isn’t a suitable vacancy elsewhere.

Reality check aside - Jonny Williams staying is astounding news, as I’m sure he could have got something in the Championship with one of the bottom half/newly promoted sides. Then again, maybe the current environment really is that difficult financially that players are preferring to take the easy option and stay where they feel familiar 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Way Bowyer talks makes it sound like he's sticking around too
    I’m not reading into it too much. He’s talking as if everything at the club is brilliant, and we all know it’s not, and he’s knows it’s not.

Bowyer is likely sticking around simply because he doesn’t want to resign mid-contract (effectively what Taylor and Solly did), and there isn’t a suitable vacancy elsewhere.

Reality check aside - Jonny Williams staying is astounding news, as I’m sure he could have got something in the Championship with one of the bottom half/newly promoted sides. Then again, maybe the current environment really is that difficult financially that players are preferring to take the easy option and stay where they feel familiar 
    Maybe he doesn't want to move away from the southeast, the other clubs aren't interested or they play the wrong sort of football for him - you couldn't imagine him in a direct side like Wycombe for example
  • Options

Pixie Lott, Cheryl Baker or Sue Perkins?
    Looks like a sue to be honest..
  • Options
    Welcome news that. He is so injury prone that you have to think this would make championship clubs think twice. Keep him fit somehow and he is one of the best League 1 players. Am I feeling more positive? Not really sadly. Let's wait and see what develops over the next month. 
  • Options
    I'm flabbergasted. Amazing news. I'll be even more amazed if we keep Bowyer.

Now if only we actually had proper owners and not a junk tier solicitor claiming to be in charge whilst trying to sell the club to his small time property developer mate. Surely he has to entertain other offers beyond those that will personally benefit him?
  • Options
    Great news thanks for signing Johnny
  • Options
    —Pratley—
    Morgan JFC
    —Williams—

Not a bad midfield for League 1 level.

Pratley JFC

Oztumer Morgan Williams

Bonne
  • Options
    —Pratley—