Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Options
    Midfielders dont always have to be goalscorers,the incomparable Andres Iniesta scored 35 goals out of 445 appearances for Barca,but look how many he would have been involved in.Just got to try and keep Jonny fit ,play in around 35 games and he could be our trump card next season.
  • Options
    Great news...love Jonny,just gives us the extra little something for the opposition to think about...lovely bloke & great character too...,yes we do love u mate,thank you,but do please chuck in a few goals next term for us...there’s a good boy...!!!

Cmon U Addicks...!!
    Yep, indeed he does. How about Wembley last year. His arrival on the pitch was a total game changer. Just grand that he's re-signed!
  • Options
    Right where’s my bet365 account.....
    £50 on Charlton to win the league. 
  • Options
    Williams doesn't score many but JFC gets a few and Pratley pops up with some important ones now and then so there's still goals from midfield. If Johnny could add goals to his game, great. If not, so be it.
  • Options
    Very happy with this, class above League one really if he stays fit. Works hard, creates the space and opportunities, still needs to shoot more but if Bowyer/Jackson remain i am sure they will try to get that out of him. 
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    I would like a midfielder who can score a goal. Williams spends a lot of time injured and when he is playing he is constantly hitting the deck. I am surprised that he has resigned for us but I can't get excited by it.
     No midfield has or needs all 4 or 5 players to be goalscorers.

It’s his injuries and lack of goals that means he’s playing for club at the top end of League 1 and lower end of the Championship. If he was as fit as say Cullen and was a goalscorer then with his dribbling ability he’d be at a top half Championship club at the very least.

This is great news considering we’ll be in League 1 and are still under a registration embargo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy he is staying as he is a decent player.  I suspected he might as last season he was involved in 27 games.  In those he probably played 60mins average at most.  That means he was involved in less than 50% of our game minutes... yet it was his best playing season for years and had. Long break to revitalise injured bodies mid season.  He won’t appeal to big Championship teams and smaller ones wont have the budget to cater for that kind of luxury at the moment.  I doubt he had many choices.
  • Options
    Absolutely delighted that Jonny is staying. He always adds that little bit extra whether starting the game or coming off the bench. 
  • Options
    Hes got no hair but we don't care, Johnny Williams!
  • Options
    Very happy with this, class above League one really if he stays fit. Works hard, creates the space and opportunities, still needs to shoot more but if Bowyer/Jackson remain i am sure they will try to get that out of him. 
    His ability in League 1 would hopefully see us do well.
    A shame that his injury record is shocking.  We need a minmum of 35 games from him.
  • Options
    Glad he's staying.

Would like to see him wearing boots giving decent ankle protection and better shin pads.
  • Options
    ''I would like a midfielder who can score a goal. Williams spends a lot of time injured and when he is playing he is constantly hitting the deck. I am surprised that he has resigned for us but I can't get excited by it.''

Miserable comment more in tune with the ''Other Site!''
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Right now I'd settle for for us being in the league 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Would be a big price especially if we start on -12 points. You are better off paying for a brass for half an hour. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stewart said:
    Would be a big price especially if we start on -12 points. You are better off paying for a brass for half an hour. 
    I won’t last 30 mins. 
  • Options
    I have a feeling that once he breaks his duck, more goals will follow quickly. Something for Bowyer and Jackson to work on with him.
    Once opposing defences start to recognise him as being a goal threat, big gaps and opportunities will open up for the likes of Bonne and Aneke as well.
  • Options
    Great news - experience and creativity as well as a great attitude.  Far too good for L1.

At last, a glimmer of hope.
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    What do you do for the other 29 minutes?
    Usually chat about football - the one I use is a very knowledgable bloke. 
    You haven’t been in recently. Everything ok?
  • Options
    I have a feeling that once he breaks his duck, more goals will follow quickly. Something for Bowyer and Jackson to work on with him.
    Once opposing defences start to recognise him as being a goal threat, big gaps and opportunities will open up for the likes of Bonne and Aneke as well.
    Not sure I agree. 

https://youtu.be/oSPzrjbxhfg
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    🤣🤣 our support baffles me at times, finally some good news and the majority of responses are passive aggressive “great that he’s signed but...... we will sell him in January, he’ll get injured, it will be in an empty stadium etc etc etc, ad Nauseam
    110% agree... I really don't get it. We need some quality to help the other 10 year olds on the pitch! 🤣