Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Rufus - jailed for 7.5 years for fraud (p6)

Comments

• Options
    Rufus is innocent!

... the dog not the player.
  • Options
    He was a great defender for us on the pitch, but not so much in court.
  • Options
    He done £7.4m trading a £15m pot, he's done better than the traders I know who've been wiped out and done the lot.

and 'Analysis of his finances showed Rufus spent £300,000 on himself, including payments for travel, car finance, restaurants and shopping' over what period of time 5 years , 5 weeks ?
    was he supposed to stop living whilst trading and losing ... He would have earned a fair wedge as a footballer , think he may have turned down a move to Spurs whilst with us .... 

none of this adds up , lots of headlines 

as if kind hearted Elliott was just being kind to his associates , he'd have been taking a piece of that action no doubt ....

• Options
    Rob said:
    He got the long sentence because he pleaded not guilty. In a case like this the judge and jury want to see at least a bit of humility from the charged and to see regret about what they did and how it affected other people. It appears here he hadn’t shown that. Not a good characteristic. He probably still thinks he has done nothing wrong.

Good point. He was his own worst enemy here.

Maybe also got given bad advice 
  • Options
    Can someone remind me how to change my username...?
    Rufus is a con's name?
  • Options
    The ruf, the ruf, the ruf is inside.
  • Options
    Nasty piece of work.
  • Options
    Maybe if you owe your mate or a bank some money but won't pay it back and you told a few fibs

The Oxford English dictionary could narrow it down.

"My mate was being such a Rufus back there"

"Get your round in now, stop rufus-ing this night off, its rude"

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    How on earth did he plead not guilty?! Pretty damning evidence from what i've read.

Joke of a sentence though, i know it's not murder but no doubt this guy has still ruined lives. 7.5 years and probably out in less than 4 is pathetic.
    Really  ? 

I've watched quite a few real life police shows & lots of scumbags get off very lightly. That recent one that was discussed on here when a bloke drove off after 2 lads on motorbikes who had stolen from his house & he rammed them leaking them crash. They had previous going back years & years & yet were out free. He got done for years. And how many times do you hear people who have no driving licence being banned (again) for driving offences. BANNED. Not locked up.

Rufus is no danger to the public & I hardly think  he is going to do it again.
  • Options
    Just to put some more context on the sentencing, Rufus was found guilty on 3 x Fraud Act charges and 2 x Proceeds of Crime Act offences (money laundering), plus the regulatory offence. The max for Fraud Act is 10 years/charge, the max for POCA is 14/charge.

So he basically got half the maximum available he could have (assuming they were concurrent).

I'll be amazed if he's not now subject to further confiscation proceedings under POCA. 
  • Options
    7 and 1/2 years .. no excuses for conning and stealing, but he'd probably have got less for stabbing someone
    First offence. Assault with a deadly weapon. Probably 2 years.
  • Options
    Katie Price has a good lawyer
  • Options
    He done £7.4m trading a £15m pot, he's done better than the traders I know who've been wiped out and done the lot.

and 'Analysis of his finances showed Rufus spent £300,000 on himself, including payments for travel, car finance, restaurants and shopping' over what period of time 5 years , 5 weeks ?
    was he supposed to stop living whilst trading and losing ... He would have earned a fair wedge as a footballer , think he may have turned down a move to Spurs whilst with us .... 

none of this adds up , lots of headlines 

as if kind hearted Elliott was just being kind to his associates , he'd have been taking a piece of that action no doubt ....

Sounds like you're feeling a bit sorry for Rufus and not a fan of Elliott.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    That's a harsh sentence

I know what he did was terrible, way out of order and we'd all absolutely hate to be on the receiving end of something like that...but 7 and a half years is a bit much 
    Absolute garbage, think of the people that have been hurt financially.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    That's a harsh sentence

I know what he did was terrible, way out of order and we'd all absolutely hate to be on the receiving end of something like that...but 7 and a half years is a bit much 

I didn't ignore the impact that his crimes have had on the victims. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Rolf Harris got roughly 8 years in a cell, and he did was a lot worse!
  • Options
    The Ruf, the Ruf, the Ruf is on D-Wing 
  • Options
    A lot of people seem to think financial crime/fraud is a lesser offence than something more violent but I reckon I would recover from a punch to the face a lot quicker than losing my life savings to a scam from a ‘friend’ 
  • Options
    How on earth did he plead not guilty?! Pretty damning evidence from what i've read.

Joke of a sentence though, i know it's not murder but no doubt this guy has still ruined lives. 7.5 years and probably out in less than 4 is pathetic.
    Idon't think he will be out so soon. I believe once the sentence goes over 5 years you have to do at least half. 
    Do you think that half of 7.5 is more than 4?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    A lot of people seem to think financial crime/fraud is a lesser offence than something more violent but I reckon I would recover from a punch to the face a lot quicker than losing my life savings to a scam from a ‘friend’ 

Just googled, Rolf Harris only served 3 years in total.

He used his fame to ruin the lives of 12 young boys and girls.

I'm not saying Rufus should have a reduced sentence. I just think some people have done worse things and they do less time. 

• Options
     Today is Richard Rufus Birthday.
  • Options
    Wonder what he is getting as a present 
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Soap.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:
    That's a harsh sentence

I didn't ignore the impact that his crimes have had on the victims. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Rolf Harris got roughly 8 years in a cell, and he did was a lot worse!
    And he should have been given a longer sentence.
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Soap.
    And 6"
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    100%
  • Options
    Kips said:

I feel like saying a joke response etc but this is really just quite a shitty sad story.

I hope he admits what he did and openly apologises. Maybe then it can move on 

Hopefully he doesn't ask for a bible. That won't help.