Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    My arsenal supporting friend told me that the teams that wanted Eddie Nketiah on loan had to go and give a presentation on why they wanted him and how he would fit into the team etc. Not sure how true that is as so far his time at Leeds has been limited.

I wonder if Gallen/Bowyer had to do that with Gallagher?

On a side note I like how against Reading we saw the 'dirtier' side of his game. He was snapping at legs and getting involved showing us he can also defend as well as attack.

He is a cracking player.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    PaddyP17 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    was chatting to Lewis Bate's dad yesterday (Lewis plays for chelsea academy) and Conor told Lewis he's loving it at Charlton - Conor's girlfriend lives in Sidcup as well 
    I'd heard his missus only lives ten minutes' walk from Sparrows Lane and that was a huge factor in why he joined us! (May have been a ten-min drive though)

Wigan and Derby (think it might have been them) offered better financial terms in some regard, but both Bowyer and the girlfriend factor swayed him to SE7.

This came to me from someone who spoke to his dad at the Forest game. Could be bollocks, but it would be a weird thing to make up.

Fantastic he's here at any rate.
    I'm not sure "Bowyer and the girlfriend factor" would do it for me, but there you go

"Pardew and the girlfriend factor" would mean something very different  :D
  • Options
    My arsenal supporting friend told me that the teams that wanted Eddie Nketiah on loan had to go and give a presentation on why they wanted him and how he would fit into the team etc. Not sure how true that is as so far his time at Leeds has been limited.

I wonder if Gallen/Bowyer had to do that with Gallagher?

On a side note I like how against Reading we saw the 'dirtier' side of his game. He was snapping at legs and getting involved showing us he can also defend as well as attack.

He is a cracking player.
    Yes, this was on Five Live recently. Definitely true. I was surprised.
  • Options
    It seems sensible, only Arsenal were probably most impressed by the bit stating how much money Leeds would pay!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Both Gallagher and Leko started in what turned out to be a 0-0 draw with the Netherlands for the U20s
  • Options
    No surprise... From the starting eleven there were only three other players who have played League football this season
  • Options
    0-0 with Holland is not a bad result.
  • Options
    No surprise... From the starting eleven there were only three other players who have played League football this season
    For many of these young players, they've add excellent coaching but need minutes playing "proper" football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer deserves a lot of credit here also.
    He seems to bring the best out of players something that will not go unnoticed by premier league clubs when we ask for players on loan.
    Yes, it's as if he's running a finishing school for young midfielders the way they improve under Bowyer
  • Options
    Bowyer deserves a lot of credit here also.
    He seems to bring the best out of players something that will not go unnoticed by premier league clubs when we ask for players on loan.
    Yes, it's as if he's running a finishing school for young midfielders the way they improve under Bowyer
    The upshot of this is that premiership clubs will be keen to loan us their players. 

The downside is that premier league owners will be looking at Bowyer as a possible manager. 
    What you say is very true but also very ironic.  His track record of improving youngsters may well get him a big gig, but then he won't be allowed to do it cos it will get him the sack. As someone once said, it's a funny old game. 
  • Options

Conor Gallagher: Chelsea youngster on 'idol' Frank Lampard and Charlton Athletic loan
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49762680

• Options
    follow most of our current players on Instagram i see Gallagher is in Paris and went yesterday, how many days off do they get a week thought sunday and monday and rest of week would be training?. 

• Options
    follow most of our current players on Instagram i see Gallagher is in Paris and went yesterday, how many days off do they get a week thought sunday and monday and rest of week would be training?. 

Wednesday is their usual day off.  Could easily get the Eurostar after Tuesday training and be back tonight for training on Thursday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer has the full CV for a young player to look at:

Been in trouble with a drug test
    Been Britain’s most expensive teenager
    Been in trouble with the law
    Always played a high standard of footy
    Played for his country
    Highly regarded at some clubs and loved at others 
    Has a hobby outside of footy
    Family man
    Coaching experience
    Successful manager

If I was a club boss paying a young guy big bucks, then Lee B would make the perfect mentor - able to show the good and bad sides of footy to a young prospect. 

We we are lucky to have him and the irony is that we have KR to thank for bringing him home. 
    Good points, the fact that Bowyer was a high profile teen midfield sensation means that he is perfectly placed to guide young players on AND off the pitch
  • Options

Wednesday is their usual day off.  Could easily get the Eurostar after Tuesday training and be back tonight for training on Thursday.
    He flew, just didn’t know that’s why I queried it
  • Options

I know it's usually Wednesday as it impacts on getting players as guests for Bromley Addicks meetings, although each manager has a different take on which day is best to let the players come to meetings.

Flying to Paris on his day off = "Pampered over paid prima donna not living in the real world" if he was just a Chelsea youth player but he's on loan with us and playing well = "Young player experiencing a bit of culture and widening his horizons beyond golf and FIFA20" 

: - )
  • Options

I know it's usually Wednesday as it impacts on getting players as guests for Bromley Addicks meetings, although each manager has a different take on which day is best to let the players come to meetings.

Flying to Paris on his day off = "Pampered over paid prima donna not living in the real world" if he was just a Chelsea youth player but he's on loan with us and playing well = "Young player experiencing a bit of culture and widening his horizons beyond golf and FIFA20" 

I thought it was young people who were cutting down on unnecessary travel, especially flights to save the planet though  :D
  • Options

I thought it was young people who were cutting down on unnecessary travel, especially flights to save the planet though  :D
    Let's all boo him next game!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Gallagher was outstanding today. His eyes light up when he sees a 50-50 And he doesn’t back down. Constant energy commitment and tackling from a loanee like this is testament to him.  
    Amazing energy and never gives up.