Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

1737475767779»

Comments

• Options
    Presume they've backed themselves into a corner with FFP and selling an academy product helps them out.

Crazy way to run a club.  Would be a very good signing for Spurs.
    Yup if they get 50 mill for him thats straight off the FFP , whereas by signing the flops for £80m over 8 years , it gets amortised down by £10m a year , so if they don't sell him for £70m after year 1 they are making a loss........dangerous game these 8 year contracts
  • Options
    Chelsea are mad, Spurs should bite their hand off. 
  • Options
    The problem all this is that Conor is a massive Chelsea fan so he might not be too happy to move. Not that he might have too much choice of course. 
  • Options
    Why would poch make him captain if they were going to sell him? If he is available, Spurs should definitely go for it, would be a perfect foil for Maddison
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Why would poch make him captain if they were going to sell him? If he is available, Spurs should definitely go for it, would be a perfect foil for Maddison
    To make it difficult for his bosses to sell him. Poch wants him to stay , the powers to be may want to him to go for FFP 
  • Options
    I’ve probably said this before but as I understand it he’s not keen on going too far from home. He didn’t enjoy being away from his family when at WBA which is the only club he didn’t excel at. 

He’s close with his three brothers and lives in his home town near Chelsea’s training ground. If he were to leave I’d expect him to want a London club. 
  • Options
    Probably in a minority but whilst I think he's a good player, I think 50mil is decent business for Chelsea. Box to box midfielders are dying out a little bit, it's no longer a game of 442 where the CM's take it in turns to get forward. If you're playing a 433, you generally have 2 holding and one attacking. Gallagher is behind Enzo and with Lavia and Caicedo as the DM's, I've always though he would end up going. 
  • Options
    Probably in a minority but whilst I think he's a good player, I think 50mil is decent business for Chelsea. Box to box midfielders are dying out a little bit, it's no longer a game of 442 where the CM's take it in turns to get forward. If you're playing a 433, you generally have 2 holding and one attacking. Gallagher is behind Enzo and with Lavia and Caicedo as the DM's, I've always though he would end up going. 
    He is better than Lavia, and, on form, better than Caceido imo
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I’ve probably said this before but as I understand it he’s not keen on going too far from home. He didn’t enjoy being away from his family when at WBA which is the only club he didn’t excel at. 

He’s close with his three brothers and lives in his home town near Chelsea’s training ground. If he were to leave I’d expect him to want a London club. 
    What about Swansea?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

What about Swansea?
    Yeah I think the same applies. I know he didn't want to go on account of being happy at Charlton. I don't know if he got homesick but he wasn't there long. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gallagher has been Chelsea's best player IMO in the games I have watched.....would be crazy to let him go.....
  • Options
    15th May 2005
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Gallagher has been Chelsea's best player IMO in the games I have watched.....would be crazy to let him go.....
    They need to sell him for financial reasons I imagine
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Ain't there different rules for English players who have come through the ranks?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    ct_addick said:
    Ain't there different rules for English players who have come through the ranks?
    not sure different rules but get more of a benefit

if they sold him and another player both for 50m but had bought the other player for 30m, their FFP pot would only increase by 20m for the other player sale, whereas Chelsea get the full 50m credit for selling Gallagher
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Gribbo said:
    ct_addick said:
    not sure different rules but get more of a benefit

if they sold him and another player both for 50m but had bought the other player for 30m, their FFP pot would only increase by 20m for the other player sale, whereas Chelsea get the full 50m credit for selling Gallagher
    Think they have a really small time window to flog him as well. The FFP cut of date for this season is 30th June and the transfer window last year opened around the 14th June. 
  • Options
    Just scored a lovely left footed curler into the top corner at Villa Park…
  • Options
    Just scored a lovely left footed curler into the top corner at Villa Park…
    That equaliser might help Spurs get a Champions League place, which might be attractive for him if Chelsea want to flog him to Spurs...