Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    I can’t work out what he was trying to do?
  • Options
    That does look suspiciously like a Zaha run up. And got what it deserved too.

Should have tried the Lyle Taylor walk up
  • Options
    What is it with players these days and penalties. Just ask Shearer or better still le tissier how to take a penalty, it's really not that hard to give you the very best chance of scoring.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Goalies having to stay on there line now does usually mean they commit to diving earlier. It was a shocking penalty tho.
  • Options
    Clearly regressed since leaving Charlton.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    What is it with players these days and penalties. Just ask Shearer or better still le tissier how to take a penalty, it's really not that hard to give you the very best chance of scoring.
    Best to avoid talking to Le Tissier for too long these days!
  • Options
    I see he finally made his First team debut for Chelsea as a 96th minute sub on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Very worrying news.

Palace still pushing hard behind the scenes to resign Gallagher on loan for this season.

With Chelsea now favourites to sign De Jong, should that happen there must be a good chance Gallagher will decide to go out on loan again.

• Options
    I can see him ending up at Newcastle 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I can see him ending up at Newcastle 
    That's a good shout and tbh they would be a good club for him I think their fans would appreciate him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very worrying news.

Palace still pushing hard behind the scenes to resign Gallagher on loan for this season.

With Chelsea now favourites to sign De Jong, should that happen there must be a good chance Gallagher will decide to go out on loan again.

That would be very disappointing ; take away all bias , he is definitely good enough to play for Chelsea .  I hope he goes permanently to someone else 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Very worrying news.

That would be very disappointing ; take away all bias , he is definitely good enough to play for Chelsea .  I hope he goes permanently to someone else 
    He is mustard and would walk into most prem teams, but he is not better than kante, jorginho or havertz
  • Options
    JRS article confirming he can be recalled in January kicking off comparisons to Gallagher. Interesting Cawley believes going to Swansea was Gallagher’s call.
  • Options
    So Gallagher pushed for the move for more money and to play for a promotion chasing team rather than Chelsea forcing him. 
  • Options
    Let's learn the lesson and be going for promotion in January or JRS will be doing the same.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Thought Chelsea recalled him because we were playing with non-league players like Dempsey and Vennings in midfield, and they wanted him to play with better players. Plus with the embargo they knew we weren’t going to be getting better in the door.

Apparently he’s a proper London boy and doesn’t want to move out the area. Back-ups that he was poor at WBA & Swansea. Wouldn’t be surprised if he went back to those Nigels before end of the window.
  • Options
    Interesting from Cawley. From memory, I thought the understanding was Chelsea took him back (some even suggested against Gallagher's wishes) as didn't want him in a relegation fight. 
  • Options
    I thought it was because Southall has refused to pay the l
    Monthly loan fee so Chelsea called him back. Think that was one of the rumours at the time
  • Options
    Interesting from Cawley. From memory, I thought the understanding was Chelsea took him back (some even suggested against Gallagher's wishes) as didn't want him in a relegation fight. 
    Connor's Dad is a driver for a friend of mine.  CG didn't want to leave.  His agent pushed for it as Swansea offered a sizeable loan fee for the rest of the season and despite CG enjoying his time under Bowyer, Chelsea felt the money and Swansea would be better for them and the player.
  • Options
    Just goes to show that if the player is loved and appreciated by the fans we'll do everything in our power to paint them in a good light, and vice versa, a player that isn't well-liked or a superstar then they can be painted as the villain in everything. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd imagine Cawley is referencing the final decision after all the noise etc. 

The final decision was presented to him.
  • Options
    Starting for Chelsea at Elland Road.
  • Options
    4 academy players in their starting 11. Yet they are still being linked with the likes of Anthony Gordon, who surely is no better than Gallagher?
  • Options
    4 academy players in their starting 11. Yet they are still being linked with the likes of Anthony Gordon, who surely is no better than Gallagher?
    except Gordon is more a striker/winger than midfielder .. but Chelsea are like Man U, they have so much cash that they can sign players on an almost hit or miss, buy then shelve basis
  • Options
    Just been subbed.
  • Options
    Sent off today after picking up two yellows in 28 minutes.
  • Options
    Can see him being loaned out. 

Don't want fans turning on the guy in his first couple of games. 
  • Options
    It’s not going well, hope he can turn it round 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    supaclive said:
    Connor's Dad is a driver for a friend of mine.  CG didn't want to leave.  His agent pushed for it as Swansea offered a sizeable loan fee for the rest of the season and despite CG enjoying his time under Bowyer, Chelsea felt the money and Swansea would be better for them and the player.
    Glad you posted that. That was the information I also got from a source close to the club and which I posted here, to widespread derision. This source claimed to have been present when Tore Andre Flo, one of the Chelsea team visiting Sparrows to monitor CG’s progress, said, when asked in mid Dec. whether Chelsea might recall him, was pretty firm that this would not happen because CG was getting exactly the experience they wanted for him. 

The further assertion is that the agent had a good relationship with someone in Chelsea’s commercial management whom he was able to persuade of the merits of moving CG to Swansea. 

I tried to do a quick scan and found no other case of Chelsea exercising a recall clause of a player. They certainly did not in the case of Ian Maatsen a season later. 

I am very surprised therefore that RC is so categoric, and would be curious to hear his response to this version of events. However my curiosity is tempered by the fact that, in a macabre postscript, the agent later committed suicide. He was in his early 30s. 
  • Options
    Absolutely brainless of him to make that challenge just a few minutes after getting a yellow.