Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    From the highly reputable news source that is the S*n.

CONOR GALLAGHER is a shock £50million target for Paris Saint-Germain.

Gallagher has been outstanding in the first half of the season after joining Crystal Palace on loan from Chelsea.

Sources say PSG boss Mauricio Pochettino is a big fan of the dynamic midfielder, who has six goals and three assists in 17 Prem games this term.

And the French giants believe Chelsea would be willing to sell Gallagher.

A January swoop is made more complicated by Palace’s season-long loan deal with the 21-year-old. It is understood the Blues cannot recall Gallagher because he has played more than the agreed percentage of Palace’s matches.

But depending on other terms of the loan deal, Chelsea might still be able to cash in on the England international in the winter window.

If PSG cannot make it happen this month, they will continue to monitor Gallagher and are prepared to wait until the summer to make their move.

• Options
    Very unlikely to be true, but would be perfect move for him. Additionally, would open up moves to all of the top 6, as Chelsea won’t sell him directly to one of their rivals but PSG wouldn’t have an issue selling him to Liverpool etc. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    It's always tough with Chelsea because they do like to buy a new player in rather than develop one themselves. They actually prefer to sell them and hover over them waiting to see if they become winners. If you look at the latest England u21 squads there's Marc Guehi, Clinton Mola, Jonathan Panzo, Tariq Lamptey and Tino Livramento who have been 'permanently' moved on by Chelsea with buy-back assumptions either inserted into the sale contract or at least stated openly. Gallagher and Colwill will probably go the same way. Chelsea's central midifield has Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante, with Loftus-Cheek and, weirdly, Barkley not looking terrible when they've played. Barkley has 18 months left on his deal and is on £110,000 a week somehow, so he's unsaleable and will remain unless he's willing to take less money, which he isn't. Saul will go but that still leaves Gallagher a lot of ground to make up. Chelsea will probably feel it's worth their time to sell him for £25m and buy him back for £40m later once someone else has rounded him off. If he develops great, if not it's £25m to spend on another failed striker.
    Newcastle entered the chat.

Chelsea if they sell Gallagher (and i don't think they will) would certainly want a lot more than 25m, especially after this season. 25m these days gets you a top championship player. He's now a decent PL player and an England international. 

The irony here is that if he was Palace's player, you can bet your life Chelsea would be one of the clubs wanting to sign him.
    Barkley does seem like a very Newcastle player, but then have they already filled their 'England's next great midfielder who's gone on to be exactly as good as he was when he was a teenager' quota with Shelvey?
    They may want more than that, though the lower you sell for the lower your eventual buyback as well, which Chelsea will bear in mind. If they demand £40m for him now then whoever gets him won't accept less than £80m as a buyback, and considering Chelsea view these sales essentially as a longterm daycare they might see a quick sale with affordable return as preferrable to a big fee. They could have got more for Guehi and Livramento in particular but chose to sell lower for return options.
    But if he's already proved that he can do it at premier league level for a club who (unfortunately) will probably finish around 10th-12th, what else would they be expecting him to go and do to prove he's worthy of a place at Chelsea?

Unless they're going to sell him to a Spurs/Arsenal/West ham (5-8th type of club) then they might as well just keep him for 1 year and see what he can do with them? He's contracted until 2025 anyway. 
    I completely agree with you, but Chelsea are a weird club. Why sell Tomori to Milan when he's only 23 years old and has only fallen out of favour with the manager who based on history you know you're going to sack within two years anyway? Why allow Kevin de Bruyne and Mo Salah to be run out of the club by your angry nutcase manager when they were signed for a future that he definitely won't be part of? They got about £10m less for those two combined than they spent on Bakayoko. Why throw Lukaku in the bin and then buy him back for an additional £70m on top of what they spent to bring him in in the first place? Why spend 20 times more than you paid the first time on Matic to bring him back after you used him as a makeweight to bring in bloody David Luiz? They're insane basically, nothing they do makes sense.

Gary, because of Putin's bitch; Money to burn or launder depending how you see it.
    We all know the story by now how he has used the Russian state money and thrown it at Chelsea. I detested Chelsea with a passion even before the Russian doll salesman who knew where the bodies were buried turned up. 
    I agree with the sentiments, BUT remember that Abramovich very recently won, or rather settled,  a libel action against the author of 'Putin's People' claiming that Abbie was Putin's lapdog (bitch or otherwise) .. shows how cash and bullshit can influence the 'Justice' system

Putin's People journalist and publisher settle Roman Abramovich libel claim (pressgazette.co.uk)
  • Options
    Got to feel for Gallagher missing a day at Wembley. 
  • Options
    Can see Palarse being able to buy him what with Chelksi's troubles.....damn we are in a dark place
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    ct_addick said:
    Can see Palarse being able to buy him what with Chelksi's troubles.....damn we are in a dark place
    He will have suitors higher up the league if Chelsea really have to sell.

I think they keep him and he’s a first team regular by the end of next season but Arsenal, Spurs etc should be all over it if he did become available. Conte would absolutely love him.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Surely the opposite?

If there's ownership issues still ongoing or if any new owner doesn't want to throw money about, then they'd keep him? Established premier league player, in and around the England squad, only 22 years old, i just don't see why they'd sell him.

Much better if they get rid of the likes of Ross Barkley or Loftus-Cheek.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seriously... Why the feck does Tuchal need to apologise to Gallagher

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61118626
  • Options
    Seriously... Why the feck does Tuchal need to apologise to Gallagher

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61118626
    He bumped into him in a restaurant so it wasn’t planned - and why not he’s missing the FA Cup semi at Wembley ????
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Least he doesnt want to go back to Palace... Thats probably scarred him from going out on loan again.

Just hope Palace copy our trajectory after we lost him 

Its a brave move though from Conor - World Cup year, if he's playing regularly he could find himself on the plane
  • Options

Conor Gallagher: Chelsea midfielder determined to make breakthrough at Stamford Bridge this season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62158217
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Shame.  Put him in my fantasy football team hoping he would go on loan.

My other picks include Pope, Konsa, Gomez, Aribo and Sarmiento.

Couldn't think of any other PL ex Charlton but sure I missed one or two...

(Not putting Arter,Taylor or Jonjo in!)

Will Zemura play for Bournemouth at all?
  • Options
    clive said:

Conor Gallagher: Chelsea midfielder determined to make breakthrough at Stamford Bridge this season

Gallagher, whose Chelsea contract runs until 2025, faces a tough challenge to get into Tuchel's midfield from the likes of N'Golo Kante, Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Billy Gilmour and Ross Barkley. 

Might be being biased but those three in bold are the only ones who should be ahead of him in that list of names - If he cant get ahead of Barkley or Gilmour, then he might as well give up on playing for Chelsea.
  • Options
    clive said:

Gallagher, whose Chelsea contract runs until 2025, faces a tough challenge to get into Tuchel's midfield from the likes of N'Golo Kante, Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Billy Gilmour and Ross Barkley. 

Might be being biased but those three in bold are the only ones who should be ahead of him in that list of names - If he cant get ahead of Barkley or Gilmour, then he might as well give up on playing for Chelsea.
    Agreed, and how often will the main 3 be fit anyway? With the number of games Chelsea play, he'll get plenty of game time
  • Options

One of the Matt Smiths? Castillo and John?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Scoham said:

Man City Matt Smith now at MKDons perm.
    Thought Chelsea released Castillo but amazingly not
    Arsenal Matt Smith surprisingly still with them.
    John still at Spurs.

Don't think I could bring myself to include either of the North London boys.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Randolph. Also Lookman if Leicester sign him permanently.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Man City Matt Smith now at MKDons perm.
    Thought Chelsea released Castillo but amazingly not
    Arsenal Matt Smith surprisingly still with them.
    John still at Spurs.

Don't think I could bring myself to include either of the North London boys.
    I don't think the Arsenal Matt Smith will be there much longer, he's been linked with a few Championship clubs for a permanent move

Maatsen looks likely to go out on loan again, to Burnley
  • Options
    clive said:

Personally I think CG is a better player than Kovacic.

• Options
    Defo better thank kovacic. Box to box scores goals assists loves the club. Has to make the bench. Would get into every team in the prem bar the top two? 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Best player on the pitch in the first half of Chelsea’s friendly in Vegas. Think he’s due a big season at Stamford Bridge.
  • Options

8 players from our academy in that list. Married wasn't wrong 
  • Options
    Love it when that happens. 
    Really want a high profile player to fuck up in a massive game. 

Although saying that, One of those meant we got Kermorgant 
  • Options
    That does look suspiciously like a Zaha run up. And got what it deserved too.
  • Options
    clive said:

Personally I think CG is a better player than Kovacic.

Its your opinion but no, for me Kovacic is so underrated and alot of Chelsea fans have realised this last year. He is above Jorginho, has quality  and very good on the ball and technically. CG is probably more likely to score more but thats not Kovacic's role, him and Kante work perfect then it allows the likes of mount to get forward. 

I think CG is class, but just not ahead of Kante or Kovacic just yet. I would have him above Jorginho, although shows quality is too slow and moves the ball backwards too much. He got overhyped because they won the CL and Italy won the Euros, but i didn't feel he was the standout for either. 

All about opinions really just for me thats how i see it, for now.