Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Love watching him play, he’ll get a chance under Lampard at Chelsea if he keeps the job long enough.
  • Options
    I did tell you early doors:
    He is the Baby Beckham. 
  • Options
    He is the Baby Beckham. 
    He’s better than Becks ! 
    Love this kid , mature beyond his years .
    The work him and Cullen got through today was unreal 
  • Options
    He's a quality player when you consider this is his first senior football this season.

I can see him running Englands midfield in 3-4 years time.
  • Options
    Funny thing is I've mentioned to a number of Chelsea fans I know just how good Conor Gallagher has been for us this season and that he is one to watch out for.

The response I usually get is Conor who?!! 
    Excellent.

But.

Lampard is not stupid and nor are Chelsea. But they will be absolutely delighted that a young player is getting game time and developing so quickly.
    Their supporters may not be up to speed, but they really don’t have to bother about non squad players as they have so many.
    He is the only player I have ever seen playing in a Charlton shirt that I would genuinely say, “and I saw him playing before he played in the premier league”.
  • Options
    Best player on the pitch today for me. 

Class in the ball and made things happen but was also absolutely everywhere and harrassing them off the ball. So many interceptions, won every 50-50 and most 40-60s. Sort of player the opposition just hate.
  • Options
    Imagine being 19 and that good at football - not to mention good looking. 

And that reception he got when he went off and after the final whistle. Love it.
  • Options
    I remember receiving a lot of LOL’s when we signed him and I said he has potential to play in the Chelsea first team. I am convinced, that if Lampard stays a couple more seasons, he will get his chance
  • Options
    He could well end up being the best player I’ve seen wearing a Charlton shirt 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The boy is just absolute mustard and epitomises everything our side under Bowyer is all about!
  • Options
    I know how early it is but reckon he'll win POTY. 7 out of 10 is an average day for him. 
  • Options
    Could a cheeky £1m bid in January prise him away from Chelsea?
    No
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Not unless their scouts are blind

Far better player than beilik and what did he go for? 10 was it? 
  • Options
    He'll be playing for Chelsea this time next year
  • Options
    Yeah I think £10m but from arsenal? 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Try 15-20 and they may consider it... yo can't buy potential and they aren't in a position where they need to sell.
  • Options
    He'll be playing for Chelsea this time next year
    We’ll get him back on loan in the Prem after we win again at Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is the Baby Beckham. 
    Because he's a consummate crosser of the ball and a budding celebrity?  ;)
  • Options
    £1m would be an insult to Conor
  • Options
    Try 15-20 and they may consider it... yo can't buy potential and they aren't in a position where they need to sell.
    I wouldn't sell him for 15 if I were Chelsea... Kid looks to be a top, top player and you pay a premium for him being English too
  • Options
    In view of the you tube clips wondering when he will be allowed to take these free kicks at goal over Cullen and Sarr. 
  • Options
    If it was 1m in January followed by another 1m every month until January 2021 then yes they might consider it.

They're not about to sell their academy player of the year, who's played for multiple England youth teams and is now performing well in the championship........for 1m.

1m doesn't even get you a decent league 2 player these days.
  • Options
    I reckon this too....I can’t think of many younger players I’ve seen play for us who were that good
  • Options
    I reckon this too....I can’t think of many younger players I’ve seen play for us who were that good
    Rob Lee?
  • Options
    At his age he's up there with Bowyer & Parker in my view, probably ahead of Parker. Gomez also at a similar age. But there's no clear winner of anyone sub 20 years old better than him that i've seen in a Charlton shirt. He's very very good for his age and hope he fulfils his potential, I think we've had better midfielders although much older/mature such as Di canio, maybe even Jensen.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I reckon this too....I can’t think of many younger players I’ve seen play for us who wethat good
    At his age he's up there with Bowyer & Parker in my view, probably ahead of Parker. Gomez also at a similar age. But there's no clear winner of anyone sub 20 years old better than him that i've seen in a Charlton shirt. He's very very good for his age and hope he fulfils his potential, I think we've had better midfielders although much older/mature such as Di canio, maybe even Jensen.
    Nothing beats Kinsella in his pomp.
  • Options
    Someone in the match thread said "kinsella on speed", and I thought that was a pretty accurate description of how he plays