Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• Good stats that, and no shock considering how hard he works all across the pitch. 

But I thought Chelsea ended his loan because they wanted him playing in a team which had the ball more?

I see he's not scored since he left Charlton. 
  • Good stats that, and no shock considering how hard he works all across the pitch. 

But I thought Chelsea ended his loan because they wanted him playing in a team which had the ball more?

I see he's not scored since he left Charlton. 
    Yes, it's weird how he's gone from being a goalscorer for us to being an engine room player for West Brom

I suppose Chelsea are happy as it shows he can do the dirty work as well, but it seems a bit of a waste of his talents
  • Chelsea ended his loan as we wasn't paying his wages I thought 
  • Chelsea ended his loan as we wasn't paying his wages I thought 

And because of our injuries the fact that he was playing in a team with kids less experienced than he was and who weren't as good as those in their own U23 team at that time - the likes of Dempsey, Morgan, Doughty, Green, Vennings and Davison:

• Gallagher scores his first goal for West Brom his first since leaving Charlton.
  • clive said:
    Gallagher scores his first goal for West Brom his first since leaving Charlton.
    That was a solid goal. Grant blew a one on one chance about sixty seconds before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Top stuff. Been a while since he scored, so bet he is buzzing. 
  • 4 ex Charlton players in the WBA squad this evening.
  • Problem is WBA are in the relegation zone, and we no Chelsea dont like players in relegation battles so he will be recalled in January 🤣🤣
    Yeah but Swansea arent in the Premier League so they'll be fine ;)
  • iamdan said:
    4 ex Charlton players in the WBA squad this evening.
    Who? I can only see two 
  • robroy said:
    iamdan said:
    Who? I can only see two 
    Ajayi | Button | Grant | Gallagher
  • robroy said:
    iamdan said:
    Who? I can only see two 
    Ajayi | Button | Grant | Gallagher
    Only three made first team appearances now I’ve checked 
  • Well done Conor. Onwards and upwards 
  • Sponsored links:

• Problem is WBA are in the relegation zone, and we no Chelsea dont like players in relegation battles so he will be recalled in January 🤣🤣
    I know this is a joke comment but he was recalled due to us not paying his wages I'm sure
  • edited November 2020
    WBA win 1-0 - makes his goal even better.
  • Well pleased for him, and not surprised he’s looking comfortable playing at that level.
  • Great player and met an Irish girl who works with Luton Town, who says she knows the Gallagher family and said they are all solid people...

She said he used to eat, sleep and talk football all day long, and is fit as a fiddle. Told me his brother plays for Aldershot, not sure if he still does.
  • "SOLID PEOPLE" 😂
  • Never gave anything less than 100% when he was with us and I'm sure, knowing how LB operates, that there would have been times when he would love to have given him a break - he started 25 games for us and 46 in total last season which was rather impressive for a 19 year old but probably did impact on his performances especially towards the end of the season.

Good luck to the lad. The circumstances of how he left us weren't great and I'm sure that had TS been at the helm we wouldn't have been in the position where he would have had to leave us in January.
  • Great performance, as per the united game. 
    He's gonna be a top player. 

• Scored again. Against the Nigels. :-)
    Knew he was a good 'un!!
  • That was never a sending off in my opinion!! Didn't look anything but the motion of falling over....VAR gone mad again! Pierra must feel gutted about that!