Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• I think Chelsea would be mad to let him go for 9m. Young English talent these days, surely you're looking at putting a 2 in front of that 9. Then maybe Chelsea might be interested in selling.

Please don't do it Conor.
     Lampard was sacked because he played young English over old Foreign so I doubt Chelsea care about Young English talent too much
    He was sacked because he's not a high level football manager. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I think Chelsea have an overload of midfielders and the new manager probably wants funds to address other areas if the team - a top centre forward would be on my shopping list if I were him 
    Werner is a top centre forward if you don't play him on the shoulder of the last man and not out wide
    Looks like he needs to play off someone but Gironde and Abraham’s aren’t good enough 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I got to chat to a Gallagher brother recently, and his feeling was that Mason Mount won the lottery. There are a bunch of players like Mount (including Gallagher) who could have ended up in the first team, and the rest got sent out on loan! He also said Connor was heartbroken to leave us, and will always be a huge fan of the club, which was nice to hear.  
    I don't think Gallagher is anywhere near as good as Mason Mount technically though, Mount is a first teamer because he is just better in my opinion. Nice to hear his liking for the club though. 
    Agreed 
  • Scored two for Palace today
  • Scored two for Palace today
    NOooooooooooooooooo. How can he do that to us?
  • edited August 2021
    He looked great today. EPL talent for sure and developing fast.
  • He was fantastic today. In Spain and main game BTW
  • He will play for England surely soon 
  • Sponsored links:

Not sure but isn’t he available for Ireland….might be mistaken there?
  • It breaks my heart
    surely soon??
  • so obviously a future England star. Absolutely gutted when we lost him.
  • The boy is dead to me!
    Who? - I know no Conor Gallagher!!
    Who would you drop from the England squad to fit him in and do you give him a token 10 minutes in a qualifier to wrap him up for England or if you think he deserves game time already who in England’s squad that regularly get game time is he playing in front of 
  • I felt betrayed when it came up on the BBC Final score .

I love Conor Gallagher but he is seriously testing it. I may have to 'football dump' him.
  • edited August 2021
    Going to be a star for Scotland.

Feeling quite sick watching him on MOTD.
  • Awful seeing him on Match of the Day starring for that spotty lot from Croydon!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    He'll get an England cap this year.
  • Going to be a star for Scotland.

Scotland?
  • Scoham said:
    Going to be a star for Scotland.

Scotland?
    Yes. He qualifies. Grandfather, I think?
  • The bloke was great for us, no question at all. Some of the comments about him when he left us were completely uncalled for. I maintained an interest in his career after he left because I was interested in how he developed and progressed. 

Just watched Match of the Day. I now have zero interest.

As someone said above, "Connor Who?"
  • I think if Scotland or Ireland try calling him up it would increase his chances of an England call up 

I might be remembering wrong but I’m sure it’s been mentioned to him about the grandparents and he’s said he just wants to play for England
  • LenGlover said:
    Awful seeing him on Match of the Day starring for that spotty lot from Croydon!
    Don't worry, only 4 and a bit years till we are back on MOTD!
  • Omg people are grown up enough to watch MOTD where they’re playing a different sport to us,
    light years above us and fcuking palace are in it , grown ups and mature …. Fcuk that we’re soooooo shit … not watched that guff for years 
  • Not convinced he will ever play for Chelsea in the Premier but he is Premier standard and Patrick Vieira will love him in his midfield because Palace were an aging side and Conor has legs ! and if he can add goals will be a major asset to our Nemesis. 

Gallagher has about 10 England players ahead of him at the Moment, some younger like Bellingham and Rice is only slightly older so he will need to do it on a regular basis. 
  • Not convinced he will ever play for Chelsea in the Premier but he is Premier standard and Patrick Vieira will love him in his midfield because Palace were an aging side and Conor has legs ! and if he can add goals will be a major asset to our Nemesis. 

Gallagher has about 10 England players ahead of him at the Moment, some younger like Bellingham and Rice is only slightly older so he will need to do it on a regular basis. 
    If he can score goals regularly (obviously consolation goals in heavy defeats) that will get him noticed, even if there are a ridiculous number of people in that position
  • I would be shocked to see him play for England.