Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• Great deal for Athletico, basically swapping Felix for Gallagher and getting £10M+. 

Chelsea are a madhouse. 
  • I thought you only got payments for loan players if they moved when they were 23 or under? So got one for Maatsen but not Gallagher. 
    No it’s about if they trained with you when under 23
  • se9addick said:
    Great deal for Athletico, basically swapping Felix for Gallagher and getting £10M+. 

Chelsea are a madhouse. 
    Selling last seasons captain who is also a homegrown player.
    Make a player recently caught singing a racist song your new captain.

Great work.
  • What a stupid club Chelsea are.....deserve to fail miserably......Boehly is a typical Yank putting finances first before common sense
  • Wow. I'm trying to think of any recent signing by an English club who has had that sort of welcome.
  • Was that just for Gallagher or a number of new signings?
  • https://x.com/svintfc/status/1826349887216386220?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g

Just a bit different to having a picture taken with Lee Bowyer at Sparrows Lane..!
    At least he wasn't a full kit wanker
  • Kap10 said:
    Was that just for Gallagher or a number of new signings?
    Just Gallagher
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like it was for Alvarez as well , still cool though 
  • Really happy for him and hope he does well. He'll absolutely love the atmosphere at the Metropolitano - the fans are amazing.
  • Question for @CharltonMadrid is drinking allowed in the ground anywhere in Spain ?
    Mate has moved to Mallorca has got season tickets and there’s no boozing in the ground,  they then paid up for some hospitality and that was just zero percentage beer 🤦‍♂️
    another friend said he couldn’t drink at bernabeu when he went for the el Classico 
  • If solidarity payments are now a thing and we get money in for players such as Gallagher two things occur to me.
    One is the justification in making our Academy almost the last thing we cut, and two is that the ‘loose change’ income (as opposed to sell on income) should be ring fenced to finance and protect the Academy.
    I had no idea about the possibility of getting this bunce from Ramazani, Lookman and Gallagher, and possibly in the future we will get money for Beadle, Burstow or even Rak Saki, it is a good system to reward the investment in young players by Charlton.
  • edited August 22
    Gallagher was never a Charlton player….he was on loan from Chelsea.

Nor was Rak Saki.
  • edited August 22
    No Gallagher and Rak Saki were not Charlton products, but having them here as well as the young players that come through turns out to have monetary value.
  • seth plum said:
    If solidarity payments are now a thing and we get money in for players such as Gallagher two things occur to me.
    One is the justification in making our Academy almost the last thing we cut, and two is that the ‘loose change’ income (as opposed to sell on income) should be ring fenced to finance and protect the Academy.
    I had no idea about the possibility of getting this bunce from Ramazani, Lookman and Gallagher, and possibly in the future we will get money for Beadle, Burstow or even Rak Saki, it is a good system to reward the investment in young players by Charlton.
    Tbh you could argue for the complete opposite, instead of having a Accademy, loan players from big clubs and make money that way... rather than taking a punt that 1 in 100 players produced moves up the ladder.
  • shine166 said:
    seth plum said:
    If solidarity payments are now a thing and we get money in for players such as Gallagher two things occur to me.
    Tbh you could argue for the complete opposite, instead of having a Accademy, loan players from big clubs and make money that way... rather than taking a punt that 1 in 100 players produced moves up the ladder.
    Yes, that is a good point.
    In addition any largess to come might have already been swallowed up by loan fees and expenses.
    I have a feeling that at Charlton it is a lot more than one in a hundred players that end up making some kind of a living in football, but on balance even though a lot of those players won’t make money for the club I think our academy is a good idea and sets us apart from a lot of other clubs.
    During the dark times we’re enduring it has sometimes been the development system that is the only thing to feel good about.
  • Kap10 said:
    Just Gallagher
    It wasn't, they also unveiled Alvarez, Sorloth and Le Normand plus some signings for the womens team as well.

• Sponsored links:

• I wonder how many would turn up at The Valley if we did something similar for Gassan Ahadme?
  • https://x.com/svintfc/status/1826349887216386220?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g

Just a bit different to having a picture taken with Lee Bowyer at Sparrows Lane..!
    just wow!
  • Gallagher was never a Charlton player….he was on loan from Chelsea.

Nor was Rak Saki.
    We still get a development fee.
  • cafctom said:
    I wonder how many would turn up at The Valley if we did something similar for Gassan Ahadme?
    Should announce our signings in the high street outside Costa, like they do in Gillingham

Every day at 11am the town crier comes out and rings his bell to a handful of gathering fans. On most days it's a simple:"Hear ye, hear ye. No signings today!"
  • Question for @CharltonMadrid is drinking allowed in the ground anywhere in Spain ?
    Mate has moved to Mallorca has got season tickets and there’s no boozing in the ground,  they then paid up for some hospitality and that was just zero percentage beer 🤦‍♂️
    another friend said he couldn’t drink at bernabeu when he went for the el Classico 
    Not in La Liga, or at least the grounds I've been to, although you definitely can in lower league grounds. Supporters here tend to drink cans of beer outside the ground before the game. Rather than a beer at half time everyone usually gets out a bocadillo (baguette) to eat!
  • edited August 22
    Good luck to Conor now he is away from the odious Chelsea.
  • Kap10 said:
    Just Gallagher
    Well he will certainly feel wanted, unlike at the club he loves and served well.
  • Kap10 said:
    Just Gallagher
    It wasn't, they also unveiled Alvarez, Sorloth and Le Normand plus some signings for the womens team as well.

My mistake, I must’ve misunderstood what I read online. Looks like Gallagher got the biggest introduction as the newest of the bunch.