Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Options
    It's also £8.99 vs £5.00
  • Options
    From what I've experienced so far, apart from the commentary issues VP is miles ahead of ifollow in terms of quality.

Also, to claim a fiver is not good value whilst explaining you paid a fiver for a slightly better product in the 90s is a little ridiculous, no?  Not heard of inflation?
    What makes it miles better then? The video feed? was pretty much perfect on iFollow Saturday from Barnsley. Certainly not the audio, if you care to read the experiences of everyone using Valley Pass.

As for your last remark, you realise how "inflation" is calculated, don't you? And presumably you understand that when it comes to tech, some things actually get cheaper, significantly so. Consider whatever equipment you are using now to be on here, and ask yourself what you paid for such equipment between 2001-07 (when Sky PPV footie ran). Chips are faster, storage hugely greater, for the same or lesser price, no? Of course the delivery platform is different when streaming. 

£5 will be good value when the video is pretty much broadcast quality, and the audio is seamlessly matched to it with no delay. If that is really all I will need to pay tomorrow night on Valley pass, as @RedRobo claims, and actually signing up for it is painless, then I will give it a go. But it better effing work better than Saturday did.
  • Options
    So far the picture quality has been miles better with next to no buffering, clearly the commentary is a big problem and the sooner they get it fixed, the better.

Most other tv services have increased a lot since those days, I'd dread to look at the average sky bill these days.

I personally think a fiver is  great value, the yearly pass is even better, Sadly I rarely watch midweek games so its not worth it for me. Most of the problems I see on the iFollow thread are user initiated, if people want to use inefficient softeware and/or outdated hardware, I'm not sure it's fair to blame the provider, itd be like turning your sky dish around then getting angry it doesnt work。

On Saturday people were complaining the live stream was hard to find, it's two clicks from cafc.co.uk.

• Options
    So far the picture quality has been miles better with next to no buffering, clearly the commentary is a big problem and the sooner they get it fixed, the better.

Most other tv services have increased a lot since those days, I'd dread to look at the average sky bill these days.

I personally think a fiver is  great value, the yearly pass is even better, Sadly I rarely watch midweek games so its not worth it for me. Most of the problems I see on the iFollow thread are user initiated, if people want to use inefficient softeware and/or outdated hardware, I'm not sure it's fair to blame the provider, itd be like turning your sky dish around then getting angry it doesnt work。

On Saturday people were complaining the live stream was hard to find, it's two clicks from cafc.co.uk.

But I am talking about the Valley Pass problems on Saturday, which the club admits to being aware of, not iFollow problems. I didn't have any on Saturday, either with payment or the watching experience. 

I've just checked that my Valley Pass email and password are update. They are. I can see no sign of how or when I will be able to buy a one-off pass for a fiver tomorrow night. I would go to Valley Pass FAQ's to try and find out, but they have been removed. Actually, try as I might, I cannot even find the link to tell me about subscription packages, if I wanted to buy such a thing.

I get that the team is under-resourced, and this because of our absurd (lack of) leadership. In those circumstances then, why struggle to DIY, that is my point.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I’ve gone for NowTV to watch our game so should be alright as that’s got SkySports Action I think?

Paid £4 from CD Keys but my code didn’t work so NowTV gave me a new one anyway and CD Keys just gave me a replacement! 2 weeks for £4, happy days!
    Did you have to make a complaint about the keys not working?
    I spoke to NowTV on live chat and told them my code didn’t work so they gave me a new one. Didn’t tell them I got it from Cd keys though, I told them it was a gift. I then complained to CD keys who gave me another code to use so now I’ve got 2 weeks.
  • Options

But I am talking about the Valley Pass problems on Saturday, which the club admits to being aware of, not iFollow problems. I didn't have any on Saturday, either with payment or the watching experience. 

I've just checked that my Valley Pass email and password are update. They are. I can see no sign of how or when I will be able to buy a one-off pass for a fiver tomorrow night. I would go to Valley Pass FAQ's to try and find out, but they have been removed. Actually, try as I might, I cannot even find the link to tell me about subscription packages, if I wanted to buy such a thing.

I get that the team is under-resourced, and this because of our absurd (lack of) leadership. In those circumstances then, why struggle to DIY, that is my point.
    As I said  its two clicks, I'll try to post some pics when I get home

homepage > Valley pass >  Live stream.

Other than Saturday what problems were there other than the comms

• Options
    First match it took me a little while to navigate the site but after that it's been very straightforward. 
  • Options
    Since the game is selected for TV, I’m not sure whether it not we will be able to watch it via Valley Pass or iFollow...
  • Options
    Since the game is selected for TV, I’m not sure whether it not we will be able to watch it via Valley Pass or iFollow...
    Yeah this one will be available
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I watched the Blackburn game on ifollow then the Stoke game on Valley Pass and the stream is exactly the same including the EFL logo, score in the top left etc so I would hazard a guess that the club are just re streaming the EFL feed as the EFL have all the equipment at all the grounds and the game's being filmed for the highlights.

The delay in comms could be due to the time it takes for the feed to get from the EFL servers to the CAFC ones.
  • Options

Domestic fans can watch the game for £10 on Valley Pass, which is the minimum price for EFL clubs.

International fans can watch the game with a Match Pass which costs £5 or supporters can buy a Season Pass for £110 which offers the best value for money.

The match will be also be televised on SkySports Action.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d5c01ded7b4f/match-preview-charlton-v-nottingham-forest

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I’ve gone for NowTV to watch our game so should be alright as that’s got SkySports Action I think?

Paid £4 from CD Keys but my code didn’t work so NowTV gave me a new one anyway and CD Keys just gave me a replacement! 2 weeks for £4, happy days!
    I spoke to NowTV on live chat and told them my code didn’t work so they gave me a new one. Didn’t tell them I got it from Cd keys though, I told them it was a gift. I then complained to CD keys who gave me another code to use so now I’ve got 2 weeks.
    Sneaky 🤗
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Sneaky 🤗
    Don’t tell my mum.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Stu_of_Kunming Thanks for posting that shot. It may be an older Safari thing but I only get that menu as a drop down if I hold the cursor over the Valley pass logo..which I guess backs up your point about people using older kit..

OK so i will give it a go tomorrow evening.

Some people have reported their stream dropped completely. Not sure which game. Don't remember that happening on iFollow, certainly not at all last season. It's unacceptable when you are paying. 
  • Options
    razil said:
    Not sure about the Skysports app, I’m getting rights issues playing highlights on the mobile app from abroad.

the SKY Go Action channel works at the moment at least (abroad)
    So I tested the SKY SPORTS APP live feed for Championship games tonight and it works from Malta, yay!
  • Options
    Prague, NB. The £9 issue only came about because FF first bought the wrong thing for £4... And then had to pay £5 for the right thing.... Soooo.... Fear not on that one. All will be well.
  • Options
    @Stu_of_Kunming Thanks for posting that shot. It may be an older Safari thing but I only get that menu as a drop down if I hold the cursor over the Valley pass logo..which I guess backs up your point about people using older kit..

Some people have reported their stream dropped completely. Not sure which game. Don't remember that happening on iFollow, certainly not at all last season. It's unacceptable when you are paying. 
    Remove safari, download 'Brave' and see the difference. All your passwords etc will transfer over pretty easily.

As for drop outs being unacceptable, I think you have some unreasonable expectations, Netflix can drop out, as can Amazon, your giant satellite has issues in bad weather, both sky and virgin lock up sometimes, all of the above are paid for services, these things happen. Yet a company a fraction the size is supposed to Offer perfection?

As soon as you set yourself up for everything to go as smooth as possible you'll see a big improvement.
  • Options
    razil said:
    Wednesdays game is on red button according to this (if thats what the red R in a circle means)

Will we still be able to watch it with a NOW tv day pass even if it’s not on the main channel?
  • Options
    razil said:
    Wednesdays game is on red button according to this (if thats what the red R in a circle means)

Will we still be able to watch it with a NOW tv day pass even if it’s not on the main channel?
    Yes Sky Sports Action is on there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    razil said:

Thank you. Is this our only live game of the year on sky?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    razil said:

Swansea City at home on 2nd October will be on the red button

Remains to be seen if the other eight midweek games will be on the main channel or red button

We'll also have a minimum of two home games shown so nope, we should be on SKY a lot more yet
  • Options
    I use Virgin and have the Sky Sports channels in my package ... does the red button work via Virgin?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    I use Virgin and have the Sky Sports channels in my package ... does the red button work via Virgin?
    found the answer

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-tv-to-show-every-midweek-efl-championship-match-live-through-the-red-button
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Yes,but SKYsports action  channel 507HD or channel 517 should be in your package.
  • Options
    clive said:
    stonemuse said:
    Yes,but SKYsports action  channel 507HD or channel 517 should be in your package.
    Yup. just found that, cheers
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    razil said:

Swansea City at home on 2nd October will be on the red button

Remains to be seen if the other eight midweek games will be on the main channel or red button

We'll also have a minimum of two home games shown so nope, we should be on SKY a lot more yet
    Thank you very much.
  • Options

Remove safari, download 'Brave' and see the difference. All your passwords etc will transfer over pretty easily.

As for drop outs being unacceptable, I think you have some unreasonable expectations, Netflix can drop out, as can Amazon, your giant satellite has issues in bad weather, both sky and virgin lock up sometimes, all of the above are paid for services, these things happen. Yet a company a fraction the size is supposed to Offer perfection?

As soon as you set yourself up for everything to go as smooth as possible you'll see a big improvement.
    Sure, I take your point in general. I guess the thing is I come from a business world where if you don't deliver, the client may say it is unacceptable, even though there were a whole load of good reasons why it wasn't deliverable. And he walks, or disputes the fee.  These things happen, as you say, but the way to make sure they don't happen to paid services any more than they should is to say loud and clear to the service provider that it isn't on. My satellite is a  different matter because the BBC et al are not actually committing to provide me with that service. On the contrary, officially they would like to stop me! I also think that people are a bit too ready to accept web based delivery platforms as the modern answer to everything. A brilliant example is my Sonos music box. It relies on wifi to receive the music signals, whether I am using Spotify or connecting to the digital library on my computer. I just use the one Sonos Connect box connected to my "legacy" hi fi, which includes a 30 year old Pioneer analogue tuner. The guy who sold it me, himself running a legacy hifi business, honestly wanted to sell me the entire multi-room thing and make it my main music source. He ignored the reality that if my wifi drops, bang goes the music, multi-room or otherwise, and that can be a regular but momentary drop rather than an outage, still disrupts the music experience. And then of course your iPad which controls the thing could die any moment too. Glad I didn't listen to him but it always stayed with me, that lesson. When I have wifi with speed that doesn't drop to half what I pay for, and a modem that is built to last longer than two years, I might look at it again. 

Thanks for the Brave tip, I'll take a look. Massive bad Apple that you cannot download a new version of Safari, without also going to a new version of the OS. So on my laptop, I might well ditch it, if I really can expoert bookmarks and passwords easily.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    The red button works with my TIVO box in the front room.
    But doesn't appear to work with an older (V6 box I think), in the spare room).
  • Options

Not able to get to The Valley on Wednesday evening to watch our game against Nottingham Forest? Don’t miss any of the action with Valley Pass.

Fans in the UK can watch tonight’s Championship game live on Valley Pass in the company of Charlton commentators Terry Smith and Greg Stubley with a live video pass that costs just £10.

Valley Pass will have a multi-camera broadcast of tonight’s game with action replays of the key moments.

Fans living outside of the UK can watch Wednesday’s game with one of two subscriptions:

- A live stream match pass, which costs £5 and gives you access to one game

- A live stream season pass, which costs £110 and gives you access to all league games the club is allowed to stream in your respective region and full access to the Valley Pass archive

Fans not wanting to watch the game can listen to audio commentary of tonight’s match, with a matchday pass, which costs just £4.

Purchase a pass for today’s game by clicking here.

Once you have purchased the relevant pass, you can watch live footage of today’s game from 7.30pm by clicking here.

Once you have purchased the relevant pass, you can listen to live commentary of today’s game from 7.30pm by clicking here.

For Wednesday’s game supporters will be able to watch the match on desktops and laptops but not mobile devices or tablets. Later this season the live streamed games will be available on mobile devices and tablets via a new Valley Pass app. 

If you have any queries email website@cafc.co.uk. For any technical problems email VPSupport@streamamg.com.

We understand there were some issues with the sound in the first half of our game against Barnsley. We have reported this back to our providers and the problem, which was solved for the second half of that game, should not be an issue for Wednesday’s game. 

All live video passes are charged at the minimum the club can charge based on EFL regulations.